Diablo® III

Hack Refund

(Locked)

I have an authenticator. I was hacked. I don't buy gold or items from 4rd parties (or anyone). I don't click strange links or read spam. I don't have any file sharing software on my pc. My PC is brand new, with great antivirus.

Excuses pls?

Wait, so you have an authenticator , yet you were hacked? Proof? I"m being serious because I do plan to buy an authenticator soon, but seeing people like you getting hacked even with an authenticator really turns me off from buying it
85 Orc Shaman
You caught em Joe. It's not possible they got new information. Nope, they lied to protect the profit making machine that is the authenticator.

Bliz, you should be ashamed!
100 Night Elf Hunter

If you have the physical or mobile authenticator (both of which major banks use and charge $30+ for) the chances of you being compromised are very, very small. I've personally examined the MSInfo files of nearly all of the handful of people who have truly been compromised through an authenticator, and the sheer number of backdoor programs and other malware on their systems has been mind boggling. Probably not coincidentally, these same people were also running a disturbing number of file-sharing and download programs, including ones which are commonly known to not be safe.

The post on the main page said that NONE of the hacking victims had authenticators. Are you saying that there were hacked accounts with an authenticator? If that is the case maybe you should have the security post updated to avoid BLATANTLY LYING to your customers.

He did not say D3 accounts that were hacked with an authenticator. Besides that, the people that have been hacked over the last couple of years with an authenticator were still at fault for their own hack. They allowed malware to be installed on their computer that allowed what's known as the "man in the middle" attack.
100 Night Elf Hunter
I have an authenticator. I was hacked. I don't buy gold or items from 4rd parties (or anyone). I don't click strange links or read spam. I don't have any file sharing software on my pc. My PC is brand new, with great antivirus.

Excuses pls?

Wait, so you have an authenticator , yet you were hacked? Proof? I"m being serious because I do plan to buy an authenticator soon, but seeing people like you getting hacked even with an authenticator really turns me off from buying it

As long as you don't let your computer get compromised with viruses and malware, the authenticator will work if you don't sabotage it.
100 Night Elf Hunter
05/25/2012 10:15 PMPosted by TheJoeCruz
I do not care who's fault it is, and nowhere does he say that the aforementioned accounts were not D3 accounts.

Of course you wouldn't care. Then people would have to accept responsibility for their own actions. Nowhere does it say that they were D3 accounts. Perhaps they may clarify this in a future blue post. Since there has only been a handful over the years since the authenticator system was implemented....
100 Night Elf Hunter
05/25/2012 10:20 PMPosted by TheJoeCruz
As long as you don't let your computer get compromised with viruses and malware, the authenticator is not needed. NOT THE POINT

You have no clue do you? People can guess passwords. I have guessed the passwords of a number of friends on their WoW accounts, their FaceBook accounts, etc. These all took me less than 5 tries each. An authenticator would have prevented that. I will go one step further and counter your next argument about password complexity. People are lazy.
well that's kind of a lazy person's fault then, isn't it?
100 Night Elf Hunter
05/25/2012 10:27 PMPosted by Quezacotl
I have no anti virus, i run p2p clients 24/7, i havn't changed my password since wow launche and i've never been hacked :( what am i doing wrong?

LOL, I love the way you make the point. You probably do all of that stupid "common sense" stuff. Cut it out and you too can be hacked.
100 Night Elf Hunter
05/25/2012 10:29 PMPosted by BrockSamson
well that's kind of a lazy person's fault then, isn't it?

Exactly. Just like it's the fault of the person who got hacked by letting malware get installed on their computer. They didn't ask for it but they didn't take proper measures to prevent it.
WoW is all I have to say about this apparent hacking with I have an authenticator I got hacked crap. It's simple, use a software authenticator expect to get hacked eventually. Use the Hardware Dongle that Blizzard sell's and don't worry about getting hacked again. Also use ESET(Nod32) Business edition antvirus and you won't have to worry about clicking links to websites and all that as i have clicked links to sites that tried to pass me trojans and other viruses and Nod32 stop the page from even being displayed.

@RockyMtn

Star Wars: The Old republic has both the android app as well as the dongle for it's game, so there is your other game you wanted to know about.

@Gorgrath
No you don't need to own a smartphone to get one. Go to the Blizzard store and purchase the dongle from them.

@Benz0r
I used to run Norton and I use to recommend it, now I don't why, because norton is bloatware for one reason. Another reason, is Norton writes the Viruses to test them against it's own software to see if it can be detected. Third reason, my brother use to run it and found out the norton wasn't detecting viruses and other such thing's that Nod32 pickup first time around.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]