Diablo® III

Hack Refund

(Locked)

Sadly they do not care, as they will have plenty of customers still playing and once they get through this rough patch and fix the obvious exploit, they will enjoy record profits because, hey, that is what it's really about. Money. Customer has a bad experience and will never come back? They don't care. They are now a large corporation with little interest in the concerns of a couple thousand people, because what do they matter in a game that will likely reach 10,000,000 sales soon, and continue to grow from there.
These Blue posts make me L.o.L.

Anyone else receive a response from Tech yet? I'm still sitting there with my 37 Naked Monk...I feel like a Russian hobo :(
These Blue posts make me L.o.L.

Anyone else receive a response from Tech yet? I'm still sitting there with my 37 Naked Monk...I feel like a Russian hobo :(

There was a couple people yesterday who received rollback, so it's definitely happening...
Me and my wife both got hacked within the same hour. I know for a fact I did not have any viruses, malware, or keyloggers on either computer.

You want to talk about odds? Thousands of people have been hacked already. Thousands...in a 24 - 48 hour window. What are the odds that it is all just brute force attacks, that there is no exploit in D3's system?

You all will read about it in the news soon enough, once they find the issue and Bliz fesses up.

Sure -- let's talk about odds. Thousands of people! Ok, let's say that's true (which it may or may not be). In fact, let's say 100,000 have been hacked, just to be completely ridiculous. That's out of 6.5 million copies sold.

Even at that rate, we'd be dealing with approximately 1.5% of users affected. Low, but significant.

So that means that you and your wife -- each with a 1.5% chance of getting "hacked" at all manged to each do so in a one hour span. The odds of this happening at all would be about .023%. The odds of it happening all in the same one hour span would be even lower.

I'm sorry. Something doesn't add up. Everybody either seems to know nobody who got hacked, or they seem to know "tons of people" that did. That sounds like hysteria to me.
They can't justify the keylogging b.s. After purchasing D3 the ONLY thing I downloaded was .....the D3 UPDATE!!!! Therefore it was either A) Blizzard was "compromised", or B) Blizzard gave us all keyloggers in their "update".

I'm sorry. Something doesn't add up. Everybody either seems to know nobody who got hacked, or they seem to know "tons of people" that did. That sounds like hysteria to me.

Quite a leap to conclusion from someone on a math message. Your message was logical until: "Everybody either seems to know nobody who got hacked, or they seem to know "tons of people" that did."'

Are you taking things someone said in some other thread and applying it as the response of all the thousands of people then declaring hysteria?
Edited by RockyMtnHi#1411 on 5/26/2012 8:23 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
05/26/2012 06:29 AMPosted by sheltomlee
The sad thing is, if no one bought game currency (gold, credits, whatever) from these third-party companies, then essentially no account compromises would be occurring.

That is untrue. Do you really think the thousands of people who are/have been posting that they got hacked recently is because they went to a third party company to buy something for a game that has been out little over a week?

These "hacks" are occurring through YOUR battle.net system. The system DETECTS THE HACK and sends you an error message that your account is being logged from a different location but DOES NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. Why isn't there a security feature that kicks in when the account logs from a different location and shuts down the attempt?

If you people want to keep blaming your customers, that's fine, you won't have any soon enough.

Please read carefully as I was quoting the forum blue - that was not my statement.
Ok there is obviously some misinformation/smoke & mirrors going on with Blizzard.

First they state that NOONE with autheticator has been hacked.

Then a blue comes on here and says a "few" people have been hacked with autheticator.

Eh ? Are they just lying blatently to our faces now ? I thought it was impossible to get hacked with autheticator, but apparantly according to the bluey if you have some malware, backdoor apps, uTorrent you are screwed either way.

With this going on, the lies i mean, no way will i go ANYWHERE NEAR the RMAH, invisible ether gold is one thing, but real money ? I don't think so. As soon as RMAH goes online this will be the most hacked game on the net and will be a huge risk to use.

Sorry i dont trust Blizzard anymore if they are just going to lie to us and not even do it in a "read between the lines" way, just straightt up barefaced lies.
Logged in this morning to naked toons. Completely stolen of all items.

Why did they not make a lan mode? lol
05/26/2012 08:24 AMPosted by Deerang
As soon as RMAH goes online this will be the most hacked game on the net and will be a huge risk to use.

Based on the many reports of account "compromises", I'm wondering if it already has that distinction...
Anyone who has first hand knowledge know what the likely turnaround time is on tickets right now? I submitted my ticket with very detailed info, giving them the 4 hour window in which I logged out and then logged back in naked. I'm guessing they're swamped, but I'm hoping it's not the standard 24/48+3 days deal it was for WoW all of the time. Does calling in to the support line help to expedite the process?
Actually the most dangerous sites on the net are actually Facebook and Twitter. With twiiter being the most dangerous due to tinyurls, a lot of people are oblivious to that fact.

Stop spreading rumors and presenting information you read second hand as factual knowledge that you are an expert on.
D3 Authenticators have not been compromised. Blizzard looked at previously compromised auths from 2010 to compile information / common threads (aka malware, p2p, etc).

The irony of your message is you are telling people with a certainty that it is not Blizzards issue in a message lambasting people for inferring with a certainty that it is. Do you understand the hypocrisy of your position?

Several people with authenticators have claimed to have been hacked. The reporter in this story had an authenticator, and was 'hacked'

http://www.examiner.com/article/accounts-on-diablo-3-hacked

Quit trying to defend Blizzard on a subject that you really don't know the answer to.
Edited by RockyMtnHi#1411 on 5/26/2012 8:40 AM PDT
05/26/2012 08:38 AMPosted by Deerang
Actually the most dangerous sites on the net are actually Facebook and Twitter. With twiiter being the most dangerous due to tinyurls, a lot of people are oblivious to that fact.

People who use FaceBook and Twitter without a dongle authenticator are to blame...it is their own fault.
So if they knew that accounts were being compromised due to joining public games. Why don't they require authenticators it would be a lot easier to do that then rolling back thousands of accounts. Ive been waiting over 24 hours so far and I tried to put in a compromised account link and I got this error

We were not able to submit a ticket for your character/item restoration due to a system error.
Please open a ticket in-game to restore your characters and items. If you are unable to log in to World of Warcraft, Blizzard Customer Support should be able to restore them for you.

I really wish I had put an authenticator on my account before I was hacked...sad...Its raining out on a 3 day weekend. All my friends are playing and I'm waiting for a rollback. I guess I'll just play another game or watch TV 60 bucks well spend....right.
So if they knew that accounts were being compromised due to joining public games. Why don't they require authenticators it would be a lot easier to do that then rolling back thousands of accounts. Ive been waiting over 24 hours so far and I tried to put in a compromised account link and I got this error

We were not able to submit a ticket for your character/item restoration due to a system error.
Please open a ticket in-game to restore your characters and items. If you are unable to log in to World of Warcraft, Blizzard Customer Support should be able to restore them for you.

I really wish I had put an authenticator on my account before I was hacked...sad...Its raining out on a 3 day weekend. All my friends are playing and I'm waiting for a rollback. I guess I'll just play another game or watch TV 60 bucks well spend....right.

Definitely agree. I got the dial in Authenticator and the SMS authenticator before launch with my pre-order. Back then, they failed to mention that those options were completely useless, one not even relevant to the game. There are now 5 options for authentication, more than any other game in existence (aside from other bnet games, of course). Password, Dial In, SMS, Dongle and mobile ap, yet they are now having more problems with 'compromised' accounts than I have ever seen on an online game.

Why does the company so "security conscience" with 5 auth options not make their passwords case sensitive and not limit how many times you can put in an incorrect password? Makes no sense to me. Good luck on your char restore, hopefully they make it happen soon.
Edited by RockyMtnHi#1411 on 5/26/2012 8:53 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]