Diablo® III

Hack Refund

(Locked)

90 Worgen Druid
None of my RL friends who play Diablo havn't gotten Hacked yet. So I wonder what's their Secret ??? Oh yeah duh they all have Authenticators

I knew it would take less than 5 minutes for someone to purposely not read my statement. I'm trying to be very polite in my carefully written paragraphs, as my normal approach is to blast the hell out of anyone who has been compromised / complains about authenticators. You're making this very hard on me.

Blizzard isn't saying it's your fault. They are saying it isn't -their- fault. I'm saying that you can be compromised and it not be your fault, i.e. incgames, mmo-c banners, etc.

However, it is your fault for not taking the proper security measures in protecting your account. Other companies offer all kinds of warranties / secondary authenticators to protect your investment that cost a hell of a lot more than $6.50 (the price of a Big Mac Combo.)

Some of you complaining that a nearly impenetrable security system isn't worth 6.50, but have no problem paying 9 bucks for a Combo Meal at Wendys. It's disgusting.

Oh, my bad. And you were being so "polite" as you said. Let's look at some of your "polite" statements, shall we?

"What is truly disturbing is the lack of personal accountability"
"you guys (d3 community) also pretend(neglect to acknowledge)"
"Stop spreading rumors and presenting information you read second hand as factual knowledge that you are an expert on."

Sorry to respond to your extreme politeness (condescension and broad generalization of peoples concerns, in your case) with links to stories of people who have gotten hacked with an authenticator on a thread where a blue name confirms the very same thing. I apoligize that I've made it so difficult for you to continue your very polite opinion.

And yes, they have most assuredly laid the blame on me in 3 seperate threads now, just like you are saying it's our fault for not paying the $6 for a dongle, right? re-read your messages if you are not self-aware in terms of communications, as your response may indicate.
Edited by RockyMtnHi#1411 on 5/26/2012 9:02 AM PDT
Yea I got an email from blizzard saying account locked due to suspicous activitys. Now I didnt open the email (got enough emails from so called blizzard account needing my WoW info, and I havnt been in that game for nearly 5 years lol).

So went to log into my account, and low and behold it was locked out by Blizzard. Reset all info, logged in and found my Wiz naked, stash empty, and no money. Interesting thing is they didnt touch my auction house stuff that didnt sale (was sitting their for 4 days waiting for me to pick up). But in order to do that you would need to be in character screen.

This leads me to believe that the hackers are getting in through battle.net and direct into game only. Which was triggered to Blizz that something odd went through account and them to lock it, but only after the fact.

Anyone else finding similar problems with their hacked accounts??
yet they are now having more problems with 'compromised' accounts than I have ever seen on an online game.

How many other PC games do you play that have 6 million users? You're seeing the appropriate number (%) of people being compromised, believe it or not.

WOW. Game has more players and I've never seen a "compromise" of this magnitude in such a short period of time. It also has the benefit of being from the same company, making the ability to benchmark Diablo hack frequency against vs. WOW particularly relevant.
Edited by RockyMtnHi#1411 on 5/26/2012 9:07 AM PDT
I thought it'd been stated numerous times that nobody with an authenticator had been hacked.

Blue poster says they have.

Mind = blown.

Blizzard has said both, not sure which one to believe?

And yes, I was being polite. Just because it's hurts your feelings doesn't mean it's not polite/the truth. I'm sorry we live in this new America where everyone files lawsuits and gets butthurt over being called out for their mistakes. This crap wouldn't have flied in my grandfathers day.

Really? You didn't find the excerpts from your original message extremely condescending and presumptive? I did. No, you didn't hurt my feelings, I've been on the Internet for more than a week. My point was to try and point out to you that you can't be extremely condescinging and make assumptions, then hide behind "politeness" when someone doesn't 100% agree with the things that you apparently know for a fact to be true, even when they may not be and you have no way to know....Understand?
Since my post is being buried by a troll-tard, I'm going to post the most important paragraph and leave the thread. Hopefully a blue sees this and confirms everything in it.

Yes, come to a thread that I am OP on to make a condescending point and presume to know the answers, then call me a troll. Another example of your "politeness"? :)
LOL really blizzard? How far into denial are you going to dig yourself? Everyone I know IRL has been hacked. People that normally dont even game at all. Two of them, this is their first game by Blizzard. They arent very computer literate, so all they do is log in and play with me and others. They have all been hacked. No 3rd party software, no buying gold. I havent bought any gold, and I was hacked also. I've been around computers my whole life, so I know how to avoid keyloggers, and phishing emails.

The servers have been compromised, or there is an exploit. Time to man up and admit it.

I've been saying this too; been playing online games for 10 years, never had an account hacked, never go to any phishing sites, I have antivurus, re-image my system every 3 months, reset passwords every 4 months; and somehow this is my fault? ... you've got to be kidding me blizzzard.

Except the SMS Authenticator works for Warcraft. The same % of player base without an authenticator gets compromised from each game. The same % of player base WITH a physical/mobile authenticator gets compromised (0%).

Thats great, then the answer, by your logic, is that the SMS should work for Diablo 3, but doesn't (despite pre-launch claims that it would) making Blizzard somewhat responsible, right?

Hey broski, I'm on your side about the SMS Authenticator not working. I can't think of, or give you, a reason as to why it works for one game but not the other. They are completely at fault for it not being the first post in the SMS Auth. FAQ page. None of this changes the fact that physical / mobile authenticators are nearly(99.999%) impenetrable.

Fair enough man. I would have gotten it as well if I wasn't already looking for refund from the lag. The hack, and more importantly the response to it (which if you saw the threads, you may understand the concern) of blues telling us it was our fault for only having two of three authenticators, and not their fault for the other two not working. It's a fair point. Anyway, email confirming refund just came in, so it's your alls game now, enjoy it, I'm sure they will fix all the issues over the next couple of weeks.
[quote="52703470742"]The "hacking" ("compromising" is probably a better word, since no real "hacking" is going on) being seen in D3 is no different than what World of Warcraft players have been seeing for five years or so. The sad thing is, if no one bought game currency (gold, credits, whatever) from these third-party companies, then essentially no account compromises would be occurring.

.... Then WHY are you guys enabling the RMAH.. All you guys are doing essentially are saving these guys money because they don't even need websites now, they can just hack players and throw their spoils up on the RMAH and get paid. Idiots!
Support Forum Agent
The post on the main page said that NONE of the hacking victims had authenticators. Are you saying that there were hacked accounts with an authenticator? If that is the case maybe you should have the security post updated to avoid BLATANTLY LYING to your customers.

Sorry for not being more specific on that. The hacks I was referring to were from the last five years of WoW compromises, not the current D3 compromises. None of the D3 compromises that we've checked have actually had authenticators, despite their claims.
05/26/2012 09:36 AMPosted by Kaltonis
The post on the main page said that NONE of the hacking victims had authenticators. Are you saying that there were hacked accounts with an authenticator? If that is the case maybe you should have the security post updated to avoid BLATANTLY LYING to your customers.

Sorry for not being more specific on that. The hacks I was referring to were from the last five years of WoW compromises, not the current D3 compromises. None of the D3 compromises that we've checked have actually had authenticators, despite their claims.

Which one of the "authenticators" are you talking about? I had two options from battle net that claimed to be "authenticators" that ended up not working or being relevant to the game? Do you all not understand that this is the crux of complaint against you right now?

Our problem is that you are saying essentially that the authenticators that most of the hacked individuals actually DO have, SMS and Dial Up, don't actually work. It's this OTHER authenticator that we actually need.

Do you understand that you offered dial up and SMS authentication on battle.net pre-launch with no information regarding the possibility that neither would work?

Most "Compromised" individuals had both, and now you are saying that no one with a mobile authenticator has been hacked? Are you absolutely sure? I've seen quite a few claims from people who have, even after the PR debunk a few days ago. Are you sure that the claims in the last 24 hours of people who say they have mobile auth and still got hacked are lies?
Edited by RockyMtnHi#1411 on 5/26/2012 9:49 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]