Diablo® III

Possible spoiler, something neat about act 1

(Locked)

In the opening cinematic of the game itself, before you get to the main menu, cain says "justice shall fall upon the world of men."

... I just now realized this meant the angel, and justice as a thing. yay double meanings, go blizz puns.
Community Manager
This was the first thread I noticed that caught that: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3881713625

There may have been earlier ones.

It's a fun little twist.
After act one the game begins to lose such depth.
I think Tyrael has 4 fingers when hes an angel and 5 when hes a human. That made me chuckle.
**SPOILERS BELOW**

05/25/2012 08:56 PMPosted by Derek

Really?

You weren't SHOCKED when you found out the Dark Wanderer was Adria's baby daddy?

05/25/2012 08:59 PMPosted by Odin
I have 2 heroes in inferno, and I've yet to see a cut scene.

IMHO the cut scene after Act I and the cut scene where Imperius and Diablo fight are two of the best scenes I've ever seen. I could watch those over and over.
Edited by Toddus#1969 on 5/25/2012 9:03 PM PDT
85 Troll Warrior

IF I CAN'T ENJOY THIS NOONE CAN T_T

Let people enjoy what they want, if you have nothing good to say, keep your mouth shut.
05/25/2012 09:02 PMPosted by Dogkirk

Really?

**SPOILER**

You weren't SHOCKED when you found out the Dark Wanderer was Adria's baby daddy?
I thought that when first going for Adria's hut.

You're more perceptive than I am then - I knew Adria was probably not who she made herself out to be but I had NO idea that she and the Dark Wanderer... you know...
After Act 1, it felt like I was shot out of the lore cannon going at 10000words per min, flying through the thin lore atmosphere, then landed in the Archivists trash bin killing Diablo.
lol compared to d2 this games story....sucks
100 Human Mage

Not really.

[Spoiler]

You're also told that Hope will be overtaken by Despair. This happens as well when....auriwhatever(archangel of Hope) is captured by Rakanoth(Lord of Despair). There's a good thread about this from a few days ago where a bunch of us went into indepth analysis about this stuff. It was about 4 pages long of stuff like this. Most of it centered Kulle as well.
That thread: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5235705854?page=1
Enjoy the extra stuff we pointed out in that thread, though spoilers galore I suppose.

[/Spoiler]

Stuff.
05/25/2012 09:06 PMPosted by DeadShadow
ol compared to d2 this games story....sucks

Story? The story was...
Act 1: !@#$ happened. Go East.
Act 2: Arrive in East. You're late. Keep going East.
Act 3: Arrived further East. You're still late. Go to hell.
Act 4: Welcome to hell! Diablo is right there, kill him.
The end.
Edited by Ghobe#1958 on 5/25/2012 9:07 PM PDT
05/25/2012 09:04 PMPosted by Toddus
You're more perceptive than I am then - I knew Adria was probably not who she made herself out to be but I had NO idea that she and the Dark Wanderer... you know...
I guess you never got to play that Dating Sim bug in Diablo 1 as a warrior, hey?
"I sense a soul in search of answers" has a whole lot more meaning behind than you think. ;)
I defeated my own terror
*spoilers maybe*

diablo is a hawt chick now. possible fan service? 0_o
SPOILERS skip if you are one of the people who has taken 100 hours to get through A2.

"I've always had great power within me"

"Never knew my mother"

"My father was a great warrior who fought in Tristram"

OFC mommy shows back up AFTER Cain dies. Cain, who probably always knew she was a baddy.

Plot was pretty predictable.. characters weren't, necessarily, very predictable. Like, I would not have called Izual or the Butcher coming back (though it's probably a different butcher) izual.. that was just kind of a sad re-appearance.

Though TBH I was expecting Leah to jam the black soulstone into her head. Honestly don't even remember what exactly happened with that.
Actually, it's cool you mention this. If you read the Book of Cain there's a prophesy that mentions these and other angels:

"And in the end of days, wisdom shall be lost
As justice falls upon the world of men.
Valor shall turn to wrath
And hope will be swallowed by despair.
Death at last shall spread its wings over all
As fate lies shattered forever."

Justice and Valor are mentioned in D3, but Hope, Wisdom & Fate are rarely mentioned. Sounds like a good continuation for expansions!

Can't wait! Love the game... despite all the flaming you guys are getting.
Edited by Maximer#1276 on 5/25/2012 9:10 PM PDT
05/25/2012 09:06 PMPosted by Ghobe
Not really.
I supose your right.

11 years for Act 1
6 months for Act 2
4 Months for Act 3
4 Months for Act 4..

My math is most likely off tho.
"justice shall fall upon the world of men."

... I just now realized this meant the angel

Ekans is snake backwards.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]