Diablo® III

Only these few skills

I take time to explore this game and currently is at L48, nightmare, Act 3.

I find myself kept using a very small roster of skill set.

When I level up and see these funky runes being unlocked, I felt sad that their use is not that attractive (or as deadly) as the ones I am using right now.

What skills do you use mostly? And do you stick with them for 90% of the time you invested in your character?

Mine is Hungering (Devour), Elemental (Ball), Caltrops (Jagged), Impale (Chemical), Vault (Tumble), Companion (Bat)

The most I change is Companion, depends if I play multi or solo.

Even boss fight, not much changes, but I foresee using my survival later on in Hell / Inferno.

What's your input?
Reply Quote
Multishot is a great skill in open area but then the hatred cost is too high imo. Ball Lightning is small but with the same amount of hatred cost on Multishot, I'd fired off 4 shots.

I would like to explore more on Spike traps but it involves a lot of pre-planting of the skill. Any advice on how to fully maximise this skill? Plan it before the mob sees you at the edge of the screen?
Reply Quote

I would like to explore more on Spike traps but it involves a lot of pre-planting of the skill. Any advice on how to fully maximise this skill? Plan it before the mob sees you at the edge of the screen?

You can plant several in a spot, especially with the Bandolier rune, and then kite a dangerous pack of enemies over it, doing a lot of damage to them very quickly. Works best with a slow two-handed crossbow and the Archery and Sharpshooter passive skills to maximize damage on the alpha strike.

It's also easy to use Spike Trap while kiting. Just plant them at your feet as you run away from mobs. The enemies chasing you will get blown up as the traps arm. This is especially effective with the Scatter rune because it drops 3 traps at once for the price of one. If you use it in a narrow doorway or at a corner you can get 2 or 3 traps stacked nearly on top of each other and anything chasing you is likely to walk over all 3.
Edited by Vaidency#1113 on 5/26/2012 12:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Currently in hell Act 3 and using scatter spike traps. Yeah, just drop them when you see a mob and start shooting. Kite many elites/champions with spike traps. Drop run, drop run, NT as I can. I use ss with the speed rune to get distance if needed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]