Diablo® III

Reflect damage

Are any of you successful at handling reflect damage champs? I'm a typical glass cannon, 30k hp and 42k dps before sharpshooter but I get manhandled by every reflect damage pack I come by. I do the usual timing of smoke screens and spam pots but it just isn't enough when mobs have 3+ mil hp. Am I missing something or is this truly just the Demon Hunter counter?
Reply Quote
Shadow Power.
Reply Quote
Slowly chip off life or skip.
Reply Quote
Shadow Power unfortunately doesn't last long enough imo. Unless you're with a group, how many shots can you expect to fire off in the few seconds that you have while kiting, two? It's a really ridiculous addtion Blizzard added to the game. I'm hoping that finding ways to stack life leech will overcome it without having to use Shadow Power(no room for it when you have the NV buff), but it remains to be seen.
Reply Quote
My "normal" gear is ~6k hp, and I swap to gear that still has 28k hp to fight damage reflects...

Typically, I will only bother if I have tons of room to kite them out (like double or more than how long I usually kite a pack for), and they are not "extra health"..... I almost invariably end up splitting the pack apart as I kite over such a distance. I'll get one to about 25%, and then "brute force" it (or at least one of them) down with smokescreen spam/prep to reduce the majority of the damage to myself.... If you get really good at it, you can start stutter firing Nether Tentacles, so that the mobs aren't being hit, when you aren't protected by smokescreen (at least in theory, in practice good luck)

I will definitely say that, more than any other pack -affix, damage reflect kills me the most, and easily requires the most kiting (i spend more than half my time kiting while waiting on potion CD). Finally it's also the type of modifier I simply give up on, and leave the game/re roll the level
Reply Quote
05/26/2012 01:53 AMPosted by revengeska
Shadow Power unfortunately doesn't last long enough imo. Unless you're with a group, how many shots can you expect to fire off in the few seconds that you have while kiting, two?

If that's your opinion, then you're wrong. Using the right setup I can literally sit and spam NT at RD packs and keep SP up all the way to the bank. I do it all the time. It's not that hard.
Reply Quote
why just dont search? its been asked maany times.
Resists reduce reflected damage. thats basicly all you need to know.
If you have that then with timing SS well you can minimalise the damage to point where potion and some pickups or slef heals will keep you up. Also dont fear to kite without dpsing while waiting for pot cd.
Reply Quote
05/26/2012 02:06 AMPosted by Ballmangler
Shadow Power unfortunately doesn't last long enough imo. Unless you're with a group, how many shots can you expect to fire off in the few seconds that you have while kiting, two?

If that's your opinion, then you're wrong. Using the right setup I can literally sit and spam NT at RD packs and keep SP up all the way to the bank. I do it all the time. It's not that hard.

You sit and spam in Inferno, and the mobs decide not to hit you? That's impressive.
Reply Quote
usually I try to use terrain and templar to get some more hits, use all my disc on shadow power and hope for the best. if it's near a dungeon entrance I will go out, refresh, and go in again.

You can add nether tentacles and mark for death with the heal.
Reply Quote
Has anyone tried a good life on hit weapon? I know you can get up to 900 life per hit (highest I've seen.) I wonder if that is enough to overcome the reflect?
Reply Quote
pots and kite. dont use aoe but take out one at a time and use the orbs it drops smartly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]