Diablo® III

NOOB question about PORT Forwarding Diablo 3

Okay so i've gotten the dreaded Error 3007 error message about a billion times.
Sometimes I can play for 1 minute and i'll get kicked and sometimes I can play for an hour before I get kicked.
I'm on a 25x5 network, so it's NOT the speed (it's cable) and i'm using a Linksys Wireless-N router (WRT120N to be exact).

I've disabled my firewall, opened up security on my router (yeah yeah, I live in the middle of nowhere though) and I took off the DMZ too.
I'm not exactly sure how to port forward, Blizz provides the numbers but doesn't say where they should go or anything.
If someone could help me with this, that would be insanely nice.
Yes, I am aware of how to get in my router, etc. So that's not the issue.
I have zero issues with WoW, SCII or when I play Xbox Live also.
It just seems that my latency with the game is messed up, almost like something keeps getting in the way...it'll jump from 150-230 up to 1,500 with the latency and even in the 2,000's.
It does this all the time, and then i'll eventually get kicked.
It's pretty damn annoying and any help is needed, i've done every step thinkable (including joining gen chat) but port forward correctly, that's the last thing i've yet to try! Thanks guys! (and gals!)
Reply Quote
I have a similar problem. I'll be running around killing npc's and all of a sudden everything around my char stops moving, I can run around but only in the current stage. Often in multiplayer if this happens and I "Leave" the game (which takes forever) I end up getting a message that says i was disconnected from the server. You can access all the information you want here: www.portforward.com . Look under the guides section to find the information.
Reply Quote
The port forwarding won't fix your problem, it's really just for downloading patches from my knowledge but I could be wrong.

Open up a cmd and type, "tracert us.actual.battle.net" without the quotes and post the results here.
Reply Quote
Yup, I've just tried the port forwarding, and Devi0 is right it didn't fix the problem. I've also updated my video card driver that didn't make a difference either. I've also uninstalled and re-installed the game, the only thing left is connection speed, but my latency in game is about 250 ms. I don't really know what else to do. A friend of mine joined me last night for a multiplayer session and he wasn't dropped at all (even tho we were sharing the same connection). He was running D3 on a mac though.
Reply Quote
Yeah I know it's not my PC or anything either, I'm running on max settings with zero issues.
But my latency is like what I said 150-250, mainly about 230 or so. Then it'll jump and it'll cause rubber banding. ANNOYING.

I actually worked on my PC last night and made a few mod's to the firewall, etc and i've actually noticed that if I DON'T join any chat, I won't lose connection, at least for 2-3 hours.
Weird huh?
Reply Quote
do NOT forward any ports... those are server ports. are you running a D3 server? ;o

if DMZ did not help, port forwarding won't help.

but i hope you have a firewall on your pc, bcs running in dmz without one = virus/worm in 15 seconds... make sure u have some anti-v...

the lag is just bad, and it's blizzard's fault, but they are telling people to run in dmz without checking to see if they have firewalls in place... this is just bad...
Edited by betatrash#1974 on 5/27/2012 9:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The problem isnt on your end, the problem is on Blizzards, For two days in a row now I have stayed very late to monitor the Latency issue as I live outside of the US but still in the Americas, my pings are never lower than 100 usually to a US gaming server, but never higher than 175, COD I get a solid 100-125, which I can deal with in this game.

Friday from 8am to 5am Saturday Constant Lag for me above 800 all the way up to 3000, then from 5am to about 7:30am Saturday morning my latency finally dropped down to a solid 125-150(NORMAL) I look at Public games and they are below 16,000 makes sense less people play less load on the server, the latency is not an issue. As soon as 8am arrives there is already 16K+ games Saturday morning pings goes back up to 500-800.. then after 10am solid 800-3000 and there was about 21K public games all the way until 5am sunday in the morning AGAIN.. and you can guess what happened after 5am sunday morning.. the Latency magically dropped along with the public games below 16K 125-175.. sooo Blizzard can sit there ALLL they want and say its the users fault check your internet do this for your settings, it has nothing to do with it, its their problem checked and verified with 2 days, long days of monitoring their damn system, which they should do and Iam sure they are.. but will just not admit its their problem, they have probably already reached their budget for servers.. and dont want to cut into their profits.. simple as that.. let the consumer suffer at the cost of profit.
Edited by BelowZero#1346 on 5/27/2012 10:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The port forwarding won't fix your problem, it's really just for downloading patches from my knowledge but I could be wrong.

Open up a cmd and type, "tracert us.actual.battle.net" without the quotes and post the results here.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Eric Durant>tracert us.actual.battle.net

Tracing route to us.actual.battle.net [12.130.244.193]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 18 ms 8 ms 9 ms 172.16.224.1
3 36 ms 40 ms 24 ms core-65-175-142-17.rochester.nh.metrocast.net [6
5.175.142.17]
4 14 ms 15 ms 14 ms TBD-65-175-128-2.metrocast.net [65.175.128.2]
5 14 ms 15 ms 14 ms te0-5-0-2.ccr21.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [38.122
.126.73]
6 28 ms 20 ms 21 ms te0-5-0-5.mpd22.jfk02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54
.44.33]
7 27 ms 27 ms 27 ms te0-3-0-3.mpd22.dca01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54
.5.73]
8 52 ms 50 ms 51 ms te0-2-0-3.mpd22.atl01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54
.2.101]
9 51 ms 52 ms 59 ms te0-3-0-2.mpd22.iah01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54
.2.246]
10 93 ms 89 ms 88 ms te0-0-0-3.mpd22.lax01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54
.45.6]
11 88 ms 88 ms 113 ms te3-4.ccr02.lax05.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.3.1
0]
12 84 ms 85 ms 84 ms att.lax05.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.11.10]
13 88 ms 90 ms 90 ms cr1.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.122.84.202]
14 86 ms 87 ms 90 ms gar20.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.122.128.181]
15 86 ms 87 ms 86 ms 12-122-254-234.attens.net [12.122.254.234]
16 87 ms 86 ms 88 ms mdf001c7613r0004-gig-10-1.lax1.attens.net [12.12
9.193.250]
17 * * 12.129.199.178 reports: Destination net unreachable.

Trace complete.
Reply Quote
I also made sure my wireless N driver was up to date, along with an uninstall and re-install to make sure there were no bugs.
I ended up restarting my router (not just a power drain) and keeping ALL factory settings on there (before it was different, even before I started fixing anything else) and adjusted my firewall for increased security instead of having it off.
I'm going to test it out right now to see what is going on.

I also have been having an issue where my computer where randomly disconnect (not fully, it'll just give me the limited status) every so often for a bout a minute and then it'll go away.
I have a feeling when I bought my router (and upgraded from the original Linksys Wireless-G) I bought a crappy one.
I'm thinking about getting a "gaming" grade router to see if this will help with any more of my issues as well.
Would creating a static IP for my actual computer connection help at all too??
The sad thing is that I was a computer IT for AT&T for a while, but I dealt with programming and viruses (a tiny bit of networking issues too) and I can't figure this problem out.
I have a brand new laptop, i'm rocking a quad core AMD, 4 gigs of ram and a pretty decent ATI integrated graphics card on here, so performance in game is not the issue.
I'm pretty much running on max settings almost, with just a tiny lag when things pick up (Thank you Blizzard for designing your games to run on almost all PC's!).

This is no doubt frustrating. It took me almost 40 hours to run through the game on Normal with my DH because of so much connecting and disconnecting. Insanity.
Reply Quote
(UPDATE)

So after doing a full reset of my router, I am still getting some latency issues every once in a great while but I have NOT been kicked yet.
However, I am averaging at about 230-250 latency at the moment, i'd like to bet at 100ish but it's still very much playable. My bar pretty much remains green the entire time, dips to yellow rarely. No red yet. Key word: YET.

Those tracer route notes are post reset also, take a look over them when you get a chance and tell me what you think.
Reply Quote
well, i have a wrt160Nv3 and can confirm it works. still seeing the same lag as other people though. but i have 23+ hops.

yea have a similar route through a group of AT&T routers, but not the same as us easterners, just as it leaves cogentco on your end, so in that regard it may be a bit better.

concerning is that you mention your router is dropping connection. might be network card/router related. or possiblly if you made changes to windows registry for tcp/ip settings, etc. also, someone suggested 'netsh winsock reset', however if you have custom winsock LPSs installed, those applications might not work, i know some apps used to do this like old skype, etc... you can use 'netsh winsock show helper' to get a lisp, but an explanation is beyond the scope of this forum. or reinstall tcp/ip, use a different network card, try forcing duplex and link speed in network card properties, blahblah. one d-link i worked on used to drop connections like this, replaced it, problem went away.

tbh, i'm not sure where 3007 comes from, bliz just says 'multiple issues'. something in the network code... obviously, but what. would need to do a thorough packet inspection, i seriously hope it doesn't come to this ;p
Edited by betatrash#1974 on 5/27/2012 4:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
ER1COFWAR,

Can you confirm that none of the required ports are blocked outbound?

http://www.firebind.com/diablo3

It will test all of the TCP and UDP ports from the Diablo III FAQ.
Reply Quote
Update time!

I actually went out and bought a Netgear N600 router just a few moments ago.
All my internet issues (for the most part) have gone away, thankfully.
I guess the cheap Linksys router I had just couldn't handle everything I had throwing at it.
I needed a new one and this was a good reason to do so.
I'll let everyone know if this actually FIXED the issue per-say.
Reply Quote
(FINAL UPDATE WITH FIX)

Okay okay, so after trying everything even possible, I've come down to a solid conclusion that everyone can share.

First thing first, I ended up replacing my cheap Linksys router (I paid maybe $20 for it when I bought it a few months back?) and spent a good chunk of change on a Neatgear N600 (which i'm VERY happy with and would recommend big time) and that improved a lot of my actual speed issues and helped managed multiple electronics using WiFi much easier as the router has an actual processor inside of it which helps "direct" traffic much better per say.
If you have $100 laying around and need a new router, GET THIS ONE.
Fantastic set up, features, look and security.

Lastly, i've noticed this issue with other users to and it actually has to do with your actual wireless cards.
If you're using a laptop that has a built in one or a desktop that has a built in one also and it's this BRAND (not always the model) the brand is Atheros.
They seem to have a very common issue with ALL of their cards, they drop signal randomly which can cause you to be kicked from D3, A LOT.
Mainly because they have not optimized the game/servers to work the way they need to (yet).

But the key was to update the drivers for it, you cannot do this through the device manager, you must google your exact card, head to the confusing website and download the drive, then head to the device manager, properties, update driver and manually select the folder with the files and let it install.
After I did this, I had ZERO issues with D3 now.
I'm still rocking an iffy latency number of about 180-250 but i've yet to have the green bar, turn yellow and NO drops in connection yet.

So if you're going through these issues, update your drivers. And if that still doesn't help, and you're rocking a very cheap or outdated router, it's time for an upgrade. Trust me, you'll thank me after.
Before I could never stream anything over 480p on YouTube, now I can do full 1080p (and even 3D) with ZERO issues. (and this was BEFORE the driver update!).
It made a massive difference and this router is meant for stuff like P2P, torrents, etc.
It can handle heavy amounts of steady traffic, with ease.
Reply Quote
(FINAL UPDATE WITH FIX)

Okay okay, so after trying everything even possible, I've come down to a solid conclusion that everyone can share.

First thing first, I ended up replacing my cheap Linksys router (I paid maybe $20 for it when I bought it a few months back?) and spent a good chunk of change on a Neatgear N600 (which i'm VERY happy with and would recommend big time) and that improved a lot of my actual speed issues and helped managed multiple electronics using WiFi much easier as the router has an actual processor inside of it which helps "direct" traffic much better per say.

Lastly, i've noticed this issue with other users to and it actually has to do with your actual wireless cards.
If you're using a laptop that has a built in one or a desktop that has a built in one also and it's this BRAND (not always the model) the brand is Atheros.
They seem to have a very common issue with ALL of their cards, they drop signal randomly which can cause you to be kicked from D3, A LOT.
Mainly because they have not optimized the game/servers to work the way they need to (yet).

But the key was to update the drivers for it, you cannot do this through the device manager, you must google your exact card, head to the confusing website and download the drive, then head to the device manager, properties, update driver and manually select the folder with the files and let it install.
I'm still rocking an iffy latency number of about 180-250 but i've yet to have the green bar, turn yellow and NO drops in connection yet.

So if you're going through these issues, update your drivers. And if that still doesn't help, and you're rocking a very cheap or outdated router, it's time for an upgrade. Trust me, you'll thank me after.
Before I could never stream anything over 480p on YouTube, now I can do full 1080p (and even 3D) with ZERO issues. (and this was BEFORE the driver update!).
It made a massive difference and this router is meant for stuff like P2P, torrents, etc.

I have a 300$ Thomson router, and I always have a good connection with it normally, But I lay around 100-200 when I log in and then I go up 1500-2500 and it becomes unplayable. This is seriously starting to bug me.
Reply Quote
(FINAL UPDATE WITH FIX)

I have a 300$ Thomson router, and I always have a good connection with it normally, But I lay around 100-200 when I log in and then I go up 1500-2500 and it becomes unplayable. This is seriously starting to bug me.

Oh, and I checked Firebind for the ports. No problems there.
Reply Quote
I having this. Can help me out. i cant play diablo3 for 2 week already

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\user>tracert us.actual.battle.net

Tracing route to us.actual.battle.net [12.130.244.193]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms 1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 72 ms 89 ms 69 ms 46.246.65.202.unknown.m1.com.sg [202.65.246.46]

5 87 ms 109 ms 79 ms M1C-0004.asianetcom.net [61.14.145.137]
6 45 ms 89 ms 59 ms gi1-0-0.gw2.sin3.asianetcom.net [202.147.32.102]

7 77 ms 79 ms 82 ms te0-1-2-0.wr2.sin0.asianetcom.net [61.14.157.169
]
8 140 ms 139 ms 139 ms te0-0-2-0.wr2.osa0.asianetcom.net [61.14.157.62]

9 158 ms 149 ms 169 ms te0-0-0-0.wr2.nrt0.asianetcom.net [61.14.157.1]

10 238 ms 289 ms 249 ms gi14-0-0.gw3.lax1.asianetcom.net [61.14.157.94]

11 368 ms 429 ms 479 ms TenGigabitEthernet1-2.ar5.LAX2.gblx.net [64.215.
81.145]
12 237 ms 229 ms 269 ms 192.205.34.73
13 257 ms 269 ms 279 ms cr1.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.122.128.98]
14 247 ms 259 ms 259 ms gar20.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.122.128.181]
15 247 ms 259 ms 292 ms 12-122-254-234.attens.net [12.122.254.234]
16 260 ms 279 ms 291 ms mdf001c7613r0003-gig-12-1.lax1.attens.net [12.12
9.193.254]
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 *
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]