Diablo® III

Anyone stack vitality? (like 40k hp)

Anyone stack vitality? (like 40k hp)

Everygame I play the demon hunter is always the one who dies the most on a fight (example: inferno butcher).

Does any of you has more than 20k hp?
Reply Quote
Does't matter. you still get 1-shot unless you sacrifice almost ALL your damage for armour and hp.

Your best bet is to SS every time you canst dodge an attack (Butcher's aoe) since you can dodge his charge, hook, and the floor on fire. It's not hard to figure out his routine if you keep dying and pay attention.
Reply Quote
i have about 30K for solo runs because i don't trust my hands to move fast enough to hit ss in time
(butcher)
Reply Quote
I was running 36k hp and was able to take one of his aoe's in a solo game. With 2 or more players it becomes a one shot.

In act 2 inferno regular mobs will one shot you, champs and elites with just completely destroy you if they have either fast, teleport, vortex, wall, mortars, illusion, invulnerable minions, or damage reflection..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I was running 36k hp and was able to take one of his aoe's in a solo game. With 2 or more players it becomes a one shot.

In act 2 inferno regular mobs will one shot you, champs and elites with just completely destroy you if they have either fast, teleport, vortex, wall, mortars, illusion, invulnerable minions, or damage reflection..

you basically named every ability in the game. mortar is easy just keep moving. invulnerable i give up on. dmg reflection...i farm with battle scars. teleport is annoying depending who has it. fast is same as teleport and vortex. wall is just obnoxious and makes it take longer, same with illusion.

almost everything is killable, i dont necessarily have problems with the abilities it depends on the monster that gets the ability.

hate. broodling. hatchlings.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I don't stack it, but when I buy gear I try to get gear with both Dex and Vit. I have 42k HP.
Reply Quote
Haven't progressed that far into act 2 yet. Currently solo farming act 1 and sitting at about 35k hp with MF gear and 40k with progression gear. I still find that my damage is pretty good and I thoroughly enjoy being able to take a few hits from mobs. The game play is more aligned with how it was in the previous difficulties -- just way harder with less room for error.

I have noticed that demon hunters coming out of Hell seem to be presented with a choice, either stack health and defenses to deal with the insane dmg inferno mobs do or try to circumvent it by pushing their damage to insane levels. Personally having gone with the former I can't say that I have any regrets.
Reply Quote
Does't matter. you still get 1-shot unless you sacrifice almost ALL your damage for armour and hp.

Your best bet is to SS every time you canst dodge an attack (Butcher's aoe) since you can dodge his charge, hook, and the floor on fire. It's not hard to figure out his routine if you keep dying and pay attention.

No, you don't. It takes about ~35-40k k to routinely survive the butcher's AoE depending on how many players are in the game. In solo runs you can get by with closer to 30k and still not get one-shot.

In fact, Act 1 Inferno is very forgiving when you have over 30k HP. It's not until Act 2 that it becomes a common occurrence to get 1-shot.
Edited by Zurrain#1503 on 5/27/2012 1:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I had 36k HP at one point and still get 1 shot with his AoE chain attack. Now im pure dex (1703 dex) and all resist (450 physical resist), with only 23k HP. His AoE chain only does 11k dmg. Get physical resist for butcher, guys. And all resist for act 2 and above.

I dont know the math formula behind resist, armor, and damage taken. But now i dont die in Hell of Agony 1, 2, 3, butcher. In act 2, I still get 1-2 shot sometimes by rare/champ mob. white mob does 7-15k dmg.
Edited by EOne#1672 on 5/27/2012 1:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I did all vit gear. All of my gear had decent armor, some type of resist, and over 100 vit on them. ~65k hp and 11k damage.

Act 3, one shotted by some off screen attack while I was trying to kite.
gg
Reply Quote
Stack Vitality/Armour/Resistance. Seriously get that armour and resistance up!!! Both stats reduce ALL damage types.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
<------ 7k, but my damage is SICK!

but in all seriousness I carry around a vitality set for instances I need it, reflect damage for example
Reply Quote
82k dps (after sharpshooter)
33k hp, can tank 1 hit most of the time (150 all res).
Edited by Fortiori#1307 on 5/27/2012 2:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I managed to survive getting hit by Butcher's Cone Chain multiple times on Inferno with 3.4k Armor and 21k HP (Probly lucky though), I also bring my enchantress to Butcher so the exdtra 15% helped I guess.
Reply Quote
I've been playing with a few setups. In my highest DPS setup I hit 85k DPS with Sharpshooter up (35k otherwise).

However I find myself typically using a more defensive setup with 75k DPS, 350 resist all, 2,750 armor and 30k hps. Set up like that I can take hits from most things in Act 2 without getting one-shotted. That's worth it IMO. I'm decent at kiting but I still make mistakes now and then (especially when getting lazy in farm mode) and it's nice to have a cushion that allows me to live and fight on rather than having to run all the way back from the last checkpoint.

That said, I still get 1-shotted by way too much stuff in Act 3. :-(
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

No, you don't. It takes about ~35-40k k to routinely survive the butcher's AoE depending on how many players are in the game. In solo runs you can get by with closer to 30k and still not get one-shot.

In fact, Act 1 Inferno is very forgiving when you have over 30k HP. It's not until Act 2 that it becomes a common occurrence to get 1-shot.

agreed, only 300 resist w/ 30k hp here, still 30k dps w/o sharpshooter and butcher spears do less then 1/3 my health.
Reply Quote
With 64k HP and 5002 Armor and 62.03% Damage Reduction. I rock a shield also with 21% block rate, I can attest that the DH tank idea is a complete fail. i also do 20k DPS (No SS) which is more than enough in A1 and 2. Trust me though, do not waste your time stacking Vit like I did. Stack Dex Dex Dex and move on.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]