Diablo® III

Is it only me who hates Tyrael as Mortal?

Don't get me wrong I really do appreciate his sacrifice, It was something really big and I absolutely loved the line

"You can't Judge ME! I am Justice itself!"

But come on! If you will look on it on longer perspective this change really don't give any favour to both human kind and angels. As human Tyrael will one day die, and who else will take a look on Sactuary and people who lives there. As Archangel he would become patron, and still aid them the best he can, as he always did.
He was also pretty strong and quick in action, as human he has to face many disadvantages (I love the fact he notices it, and can appreciate it).

But I must admit - and it's my very personal view- that I simply liked him more as Archangel, and let's face it - he is the most awesome Angel ever. It's a shame to think he is ending like that. He should become Archangel again.

But before you'll all jump on me that it's impossible and he made a choice - well I disagree. If Evil can reborn- then angels can.

So here I prepared "unexpected plot twists" to backup my daydream of Tyrael's coming back to be Archangel of Justice.

1)- In Expansion he gets killed, but he reborns again as Archangel - because he is not nephalem, he is not human- he is still an angel without wings. ( and I admit it's kinda farfetched, but whatever)

2)- Ureh. This wonderful city was presented in first cinematic and it appears on concept art and wallpaper. (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/media/wallpapers/?keywords=&view#/wallpaper005)

To those who read the book "Kingdom of Darkness" know that this city played a huge role when it comes to conflict between Heavens and Hells, and also the kingdom had in possesion two extremely powerful sources of power - stron enough to bring people back from death. (So I guess it would help Leah). I think it could be somehow played around it, so we could get Tyrael back.

Why I am so sad about the change? Because I really do admire Tyrael as Archangel, he is still awesome as human being, but I think his place is still Among Angels to have a look over people. As angelic being he would be much more powerful and useful.

And I really don't like that Bizzard teased us all with all those artworks and materias with Tyrael just for us to see him in one cinematic, to see why he is now human. That's not fair!

He should be still Archangel and he should be patron of human!

[please don't scold or flame me, :( I simply miss mysterious Archangel he was ]

EDIT:

Why he should stay Justice, and Wisdom is not such a good idea:

Wisdom seems to require limited role. Tyrael being The embodiment of Justice felt right to intervene with people. Because being judge requires both wisdom and action. So I really hope for him, to get back on earth and notice, that people need much more justice rather than wisdom, since we as people still have both good and evil inside, and even if demons are gone, there is still a threat within ourselves.

Tyrael was giving a hope to many people, his presence was lifting for heroes, becuase they knew that as long as he is, there will be justice. That cries of innocent are listened, and he did all he could to protect them.
Edited by Luksus#2869 on 5/28/2012 11:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
my answer is NO leave Tyrael alone, the way he is right now is just fine and he doesn't need to be changed and he may be a mortal but he is still an angel.
Reply Quote
mortal tyreal is terrible. bad decision (among many, lol).
Reply Quote
@FallenOne, well it's ok. I only voiced my opinion and I wanted to know if there are more people like me- which simply liked Tyrael more as Archangel. I do respect if others don't agree with me.
Reply Quote
While I dont have a problem with blizzard developing Tyrael, I do too wish he could have remained an Archangel. He was always so badass and mysterious. If not At the very least, we could of had more Tyrael Arcangel of justice screen time where we actually get to see him fight, before he takes the fall.
Edited by Kakarrot#1420 on 5/27/2012 6:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

But I must admit - and it's my very personal view- that I simply liked him more as Archangel, and let's face it - he is the most awesome Angel ever. It's a shame to think he is ending like that. He should become Archangel again.

Why I am so sad about the change? Because I really do admire Tyrael as Archangel, he is still awesome as human being, but I think his place is still Among Angels to have a look over people. As angelic being he would be much more powerful and useful.

And I really don't like that Bizzard teased us all with all those artworks and materias with Tyrael just for us to see him in one cinematic, to see why he is now human. That's not fair!

He should be still Archangel and he should be patron of human!

I know how you feel :\ I greatly preferred floaty, faceless, tentacle-winged Tyrael. He is still rather awesome as a mortal, I just think he'd be much cooler as an archangel.

Maybe in an expansion... *sighs*
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
05/27/2012 06:56 PMPosted by Kakarrot
While I dont have a problem with blizzard developing Tyrael, I do too wish he could have remained an Archangel. He was always so badass and mysterious. If not At the very least, we could of had more Tyrael Arcangel of justice screen time where we actually get to see him fight, before he takes the fall.

I think this was something we needed, to affirm Tyrael as the same one who destroyed the worldstone and fought diablo to a standstill.

Act 3/4 cinematic should've started with Adria's betrayal, wherein we could see Tyrael as a mortal fight, even if he jobs to the witch.
Reply Quote
I'm not even really sure why he needed to become mortal. What exactly did he do that was of any importance? He didn't help fight, he didn't really have a warning to give...what was his purpose? The only thing I can come up with is that he told the player character that Belial was in Caldeum, which the player character would probably become aware of soon anyway.

And even if he had had something important to do to help the humans why couldn't he remain an angel to do it? I thought the whole inaction rule for the angels was just to hold up the neutrality deal between heaven and hell. Since Belial and Azmodan were openly invading Sanctuary, neutrality was out the door so the angels' laws enforcing it should have been as well.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
05/27/2012 07:58 PMPosted by Chrono
I'm not even really sure why he needed to become mortal. What exactly did he do that was of any importance? He didn't help fight, he didn't really have a warning to give...what was his purpose? The only thing I can come up with is that he told the player character that Belial was in Caldeum, which the player character would probably become aware of soon anyway.

In Act 1 he helps convince Leah to stay true to Deckard's teachings... and tells you about Caldeum.

In Act 2 he exposites about Zoltun Kulle a bit and gives direction as to where Arreat and Azmodan's army was.

In Act 3 he actually fights with you and his sword is the only thing that can break the hellgate.

Act 4 he has a bit of a story arc, plus exposites about the angels and high heavens. He uses Eld'ruin again too.

05/27/2012 07:58 PMPosted by Chrono
And even if he had had something important to do to help the humans why couldn't he remain an angel to do it? I thought the whole inaction rule for the angels was just to hold up the neutrality deal between heaven and hell. Since Belial and Azmodan were openly invading Sanctuary, neutrality was out the door so the angels' laws enforcing it should have been as well.

Because with Imperius in charge, the likely result of an angelic action on Sanctuary would be to nuke it and all the humans.

Also, I believe the angels haven't been watching Sanctuary so they weren't aware of Belial's actions, nor did Azmodan make a move until well after Belial's death.
Reply Quote
In Act 1 he helps convince Leah to stay true to Deckard's teachings... and tells you about Caldeum.

In Act 2 he exposites about Zoltun Kulle a bit and gives direction as to where Arreat and Azmodan's army was.

In Act 3 he actually fights with you and his sword is the only thing that can break the hellgate.

Act 4 he has a bit of a story arc, plus exposites about the angels and high heavens. He uses Eld'ruin again too.

Not enough to warrant his dramatic tranformation into a human, his subsequent fall from heaven, and the obvious attempt to tug at some heartstrings with his "sad sacrifice" story.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

Not enough to warrant his dramatic tranformation into a human, his subsequent fall from heaven, and the obvious attempt to tug at some heartstrings with his "sad sacrifice" story.

Nor did I say it was, I was just stating what he was.

But, I'd say that him being mortal allowed him to wade into combat against Azmodan, allowing him to break the Hellgate in Arreat. Without that, Azmodan couldn't have been reached and the war would've been lost.
Reply Quote
Tyreal is so much less interesting as a mortal. Same goes for angles and heaven in general.
By showing us so much the mystery and intrigue about the angels is lessened. Sometimes less is more.
Reply Quote
no
Reply Quote
as I said on a different topic:

what the heck is up with Tyrael becoming wisdom all of a sudden, and as a mortal no less. That's the only thing that really makes me groan. It just seems so contrived. He was so rad as an angel; I wish he would go back to looking and being the way he was in Diablo 2. What is he supposed to be doing up there as a human. It's so out of place and I hate it :(

Also, I think it would have been better for him to be an angel again. It would show that there is hope for the angels and humans to coexist. This way the only message I get is pretty much either the angels go, or the humans do. They can't live side-by-side because Tyrael can't be a companion to the heroes unless he becomes mortal like them. The only angel that has serious issues with humans is Imperius (ignoring Malthaeus, who just has issues with everything), so I dunno why Tyrael has to be a mortal. Makes it less special. I get it took Tyrael being a mortal to see why the heroes can keep their hope when the angels lose faith, but I think now that he knows that, he should get turned into an archangel again with that wisdom.
Reply Quote
Tyrael vs diablo in diablo II.

I like Tyrael the angel. Tyrael the mortal. Super boring.
Reply Quote
I would have liked it if, rather than being eaten by Diablo, Leah had killed Diablo off and become the new Lord of Terror while being Mortal. It would have given the story interesting symmetry, and then the expansions could be about fighting off both Heaven and Hell at the same time, since they see Leah and Tyrael as abominations.

As it stands, with just Mortal Tyrael, it serves no real purpose. And I'm sure despite being mortal he'll be alive and kicking in Diablo 4, even though it'll be set far in the future.
Reply Quote
05/27/2012 06:56 PMPosted by Kakarrot

Exactly my feelings. It just pains me a lot that we won't see his mysterious form- which was always fascinating to me. As human he is still cool, but he became more obvious, he absolutely lost that thing that made people be like "Wooow, it's Him! Tyrael the Archangel of Justice".

Even though I do appreciate his efforts and such, I think he deserves much more than this. To me he should be Archangel - because this is who he truly are. He can't just drop the wings and be like human, because there is no evil part in him - so something which made Nephalem.

05/27/2012 11:37 PMPosted by Krokodil
what the heck is up with Tyrael becoming wisdom all of a sudden, and as a mortal no less.

I think someone should have told Metzen that Archangels Aspects don't work the same way as ones in WoW for crying out loud.
Tyrael just can't stand there and say "I'm a wisdom now, lol. Oh and I'm still Mortal btw- cool huh?"

No it's not cool. You're Justice, and Justice should always be there, since you should know better that people even though they always tend to be on Angel sides, they still have some evil within them, and injustice can be done.

I think with Ureh's power it would be possible to Restore Tyrael's power. But he should Want it first- he should realise that he would help much more as Archangel, and he will need this angelic powers to guide new generations of human kind.
And it would be awesome quest to protect him while he enters the ritual, and when he is back to his former glory (lol, Kormac: GLORIOUS!) there would be some powerful burst of energy that would repel bad shapes.

But it's only my imagination. Yet I would like to head your ideas, and more of your thoughts. It's good to know that not only me got disappointed that he is just a mortal now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]