Diablo® III

Is it only me who hates Tyrael as Mortal?

but since Tyrael has rejoined the order if he does die as a mortal his soul with be reborn imortal as wisdom itself.
Reply Quote
05/28/2012 08:28 AMPosted by Tyrael
but since Tyrael has rejoined the order if he does die as a mortal his soul with be reborn imortal as wisdom itself.

That makes no sense, Tyrael was always Archangel of Justice, And I'd like to Remind that Being Judge also requires knowledge, but also some action. I simply cannot buy, I just can't maybe it's me being die-hard fan of him, but honestly - who thought it really makes sense? Becuase it doesn't. People do Need aspect of Justice much more than wisdom, and hell it shouldn't work the same way Aspects in Warcraft works (Reminder : I want to be aspect, I have qualifications, so bring it on!). Please don't make out of it another WoW.

Bring back mysterious Tyrael we all know so well :(
Reply Quote
Agree, but disagree.

Like that tyrael is mortal (not human, just mortal), dont like that he is now "wisdom" (? lol) I understand that he gave up his wings in protest. As Justice, its only fair that if one side breaks the rules then the rule is thus broken for all sides. Kinda like the card game Hearts...once someone plays a spade its game on for everyone. Never mind that the Angels are supposed to be above that....which is why it was justice instead of Valor or Hope that intervened on behalf of Humanity.
Reply Quote
05/28/2012 10:21 AMPosted by Izzuan
Like that tyrael is mortal (not human, just mortal), dont like that he is now "wisdom" (? lol)

No I don't like it. Wisdom seems to require limited role. Tyrael being The embodiment of Justice felt right to intervene with people. Because being judge requires both wisdom and action. So I really hope for him, to get back on earth and notice, that people need much more justice rather than wisdom, since we as people still have both good and evil inside, and even if demons are gone, there is still a threat within ourselves.

Tyrael was giving a hope to many people, his presence was lifting for heroes, becuase they knew that as long as he is, there will be justice, that cries of innocent are listened, and he did all he could to protect them.

Wisdom itself is not that important. At least this is my point of view, but I'd like to see others opinions, and eventual propositions if they want old Tyrael back.
Edited by Luksus#2869 on 5/28/2012 10:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Oh I agree, dont like tyrael as Wisdom. Prefered him as justice. Wisdom seems to be a very meh position for him. "Justice has been met on this day?" really? What about tommorrow...what about Leah's sacrifice? wheres the Justice in that? Wheres Adria's punishment? Or the remnant's of Belial's cult (surely we couldnt have gotten them ALL...)?

Get back to work Tyrael. Your not done yet.

But I do like him as a mortal. Just not as wisdom.
Reply Quote
That's the point there are still things which are not resolved yet, and there will be many in the future.

What will be the use of Tyrael if he will be gone? And I don't belive his role can be switched that easily, if he is made of essence which is in fact embodiment of Justice not wisdom.

I knew that if Metzen will mess with Diablo there will be some goofy illogical lore twists. He already made of Thrall his over the top pupil - World Shaman anyone?
To me it's exactly same issue.
Reply Quote
@Luksus why don't you believe that Tyrael can't change his role so easily?

I just don't see what the problem is with Tyrael changing his role so easily, he can do what he wants and if he doesn't want to be justice anymore and wants to be something else then more power to him.
Reply Quote
@FallenOne
Then can you imagine Diablo wanting to suddenly be Lord of Hatered or Sin?

You See there were two gods One was good (Anu) second was bad (tethament)

After fight they were split, and both created 7 ulimate aspects, which are opposed, and Tyrael is the embodiment of Justice, that's the way he is. Just like Imprius is Valor, Aureil is Hope. Mephisto is Hatered.

They Just can't switch becuase they like. It's the way the were created.

Just like you can't really change the way you were born. At least this is how I see it.
Reply Quote
@Luksus

yes I can easily see diablo wanting to be Lord of hatred or sin if he didn't want to be the lord of terror anymore.

I still don't buy it that the angels and demons can't switch what they're aspects were when they were created
Reply Quote
I just told you why they can't change it.
It's the lore rule.

Diablo aspects don't work the same way Warcraft aspects work. That all you need is qualifications and desire to become one, no.

There are Prime Evils and Archangels they're embodiment of certain aspects which cannot be changed.

I know it's not me who written the lore, but as a fan who was following it, and who don't like such a big changes, or breaking the lore (becuase that equals bad writing) it's really something which cannot be brought.
Reply Quote
And I still don't see the problem with blizzard deciding to say hey Tyrael is now a mortal and is wisdom instead of justice anyone can change the way they are, it doesn't matter if they were Justice from the beginning or not or the lord of terror from the beginning.

I like the big changes that they made especially the one where tyrael is wisdom now, and if blizzard wants to change more of the lore then so be it I'll accept it.
Reply Quote
I think it's safe to say we simply disagree here, and have two different points of view.
It's fine if you think otherwise, but again I created this thread to see if there are more people like me displeased with Tyrael's development.
Reply Quote
Awesome post, for sure ! Kinda love the guessing about Ureh, i'd like to see many stories from the books to become true !
To me, it seems that tyrael is now half angel, half human, and he's able to do both, he's even above Imperius (what an annoying selfish Archangel, what about an epic fight against him with Tyrael by our side ?)

Anyway, Tyrael's background and developpement makes him even cooler now.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Looking at Tyrael is like a confusing math question...

So Immortal + Angel + Justice + Badass = Tyrael ..

then

Tyrael - immortal = Tyrael / badass = Lame Tyrael + Justice

then

Lame Tyrael + Justice + Wisdom + Angel

= Mortal Angelic Tyrael with Wisdom of Justice

Dafuq is going on ?
Reply Quote
To me, it seems that tyrael is now half angel, half human, and he's able to do both, he's even above Imperius (what an annoying selfish Archangel, what about an epic fight against him with Tyrael by our side ?)

Anyway, Tyrael's background and developpement makes him even cooler now.

I don't deny Tyrael's development because as I mentioned before I do appreciate his efforts in long shot. But as a fan I simply think that all his charm was based on his mysteriousness, and with his divine form being gone, he kinda lost it.
Now to me he became Mr. Obvious.

And for me as a fan it's a bit disappointing I was hoping til the very end he will notice, that in the end, he will be needed by people. That his role would be to be their guide later, so he shouldn't be stuck in mortal form- there is much more work to do ahead.

But there we go, we had some cheesy ending. Which was - I think many of us will agree here- disappointing. Death of Cain - specially this early was a very strong blow. But ok, Cain was already old, and I somehow can deal with it in time.

And about Imperius, there might be epic confrontation in which Tyrael could later take his place as a leader. Because he shown so many virtues already.

- He was courageous, he had no fear to speak of the truth, and face Diablo and Ball at the same time.

- He was wise, with acknowledging people's potency and importance. Therefore he aided them alone.

- He was giving hope to them, his presence was lifting for heroes. Because as long as he is there will be justice.

- He was carving the fate with his actions. And he was the only one who actually intervened from Archangels.

- As justice he has it all. Why then reducing his role again? What's the point of giving him only wisdom?
Reply Quote
The writing is bad, and it's circular.

There was no reason for Tyrael to become mortal and stay mortal. None. He could have just flown down and said hey how's it going Deckard Cain? Demons are on their way.

"The council wouldn't let him!" Tyrael rolled Imperius's face while UNARMED. Seriously, the strongest warrior in heaven and Tyrael hands his !@#$ to him without El'Druin.

It was just a horrible decision for Tyrael to make. But whatever, as long as the payoff of him being Tyrael is important, right? Too bad it isn't.

We gain NOTHING from Tyrael recovering his identity. Blizzard had the potential to drag out his identity and make it much less obvious, only to have him regain it (and his power) when we really needed an Archangel. Instead, he discovers his identity and his purpose (to take action against the demons) and spends the next whole Act (II) doing absolutely nothing.

I thought aspects of justice were supposed to be good decision makers.
Reply Quote
05/30/2012 01:36 PMPosted by DignusFolium
There was no reason for Tyrael to become mortal and stay mortal. None. He could have just flown down and said hey how's it going Deckard Cain? Demons are on their way.

I think he did have to become mortal otherwise he would have been seen to continually breach the pact of not getting involved with humanity.

"The council wouldn't let him!" Tyrael rolled Imperius's face while UNARMED. Seriously, the strongest warrior in heaven and Tyrael hands his !@#$ to him without El'Druin.

It was a brief skirmish, I dont know if he could have defeated Imperius in a prolonged battle. Doesnt matter much though since he would have to contend with the other Council Members who also agreed to leave Humanity alone.

Imperius is the commander general of the High Heavens' armies, there's no way Tyrael is going to defeat an angelic army himself. If he calls upon his own troops for support then you'll have civil war that is, if they decided to rally with him who has officially broke High Heavens' laws.

About him staying mortal...I think that was a symbolic gesture to reinforce his faith in humanity. There's still the expansion to elaborate on the results of his decision, so Im not considering his mortal status permanent yet.
Edited by Dioblastoise#1730 on 5/30/2012 2:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/28/2012 06:35 AMPosted by Snollygoster
Tyreal was so cool in D2.

And also more proportionate. Anyone else notice his size in the Act 2 prologue cinematic? Either that or Leah is extremely petite.

Tyreal was cool in D2 and probably the only character worth mentioning besides Cain. It's a shame he's mortal as he was the only angel in the whole of heaven to actually 'like' humans.

But now he's the (archangel) of wisdom on the council (how the heck did that happen? self-appointed?) maybe he can still do some good.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]