Diablo® III

Expansion Story Ideas

Playing around with some expansion story ideas… (and sorry, I am not a Diablo universe lore expert, nor a good writer :) )

-----------------------------------------------------
It starts with you coming upon a small town and a tavern, “The Lost Maiden”, in the middle of the road. (likely somewhere in Westmarch). After help fending off oncoming monster attack, and doing some fetching quest and destroy lair quest (where you will find a strange obsidian stone) for the weakly old tavern keeper, he reveals himself of his true form, Tyrael! He wanted to test you to see if you still got the skill, and the compassion, to do a quest for him. He wants you to search for 5 armor pieces of Rezkon, which later you learn are the disremember parts of a fall angel. So you travel to five distant land/dungeon, each with their own local NPCs, quest event, monster type, and end boss.

Once gather all 5 armor pieces (they can also be equipped as set armor too), Tyrael tells you of his final plan, resurrecting Leah! With those 5 pieces, he can recreate a new body/vessel for her, but now need to reclaim her soul, which he believe are not lost, but still trapped within the Black Soul Stone. However, during its fall, the Black Soulstone’s current whereabouts is lost to the angles, and seem would take years of search to find it. But than it turns out that the obsidian stone you found earlier is a fragment of the Black Soulstone! There, you travel inside the Blacksoul stone, battling each of the Great and Prime evils in their “prison cell”, before finishing Diablo and freeing Leah’s soul. With angelic magic, Tyrael was able to bind her soul to the newly created body, giving Leah a new life! (as well as the tavern to take care of).

Bonus: Also included is a secret level call “False Reality”, a map set in the “alternative reality”. The map/dungeon will build closely resemble Blizzard’s office, now flooded with monster. There are also certain NPC’s that you can talk to too.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
I don't really follow this at all. Lorewise, this would be pretty weird and messy. Shattering the soulstone would result in all the souls within it being destroyed. Leah was consumed by Diablo and dead is dead, and the only exception to this rule is the Lords of Hell, and the undead which are mindless. Tyreal wouldn't be running a Tavern as he has taken up the mantle of Wisdom, making him the "goto guy" for all future rulings for the Angris Council. It's much more plausible that if anyone finds the Black Soulstone, it will be Adria.

In the Diablo universe, you have to come one big fact in mind: Misery and sacrifice are the names of the game. There are no happy endings in these games.

Characters you love will die. The story will make you actually hate the villians for the cruel things they do. The bad guys are genuinly wicked evil and have no pity or remorse. Hell, Belial consumed a child just to take his identity.

For every victory, there is the bittersweet fact that the demons made you suffer for it.
Reply Quote
... But Chen, the jewelcrafter, told you that is a probability that Leah is still "alive" (her soul) becuase of her potential power. Chen claim to know something about mystical facts about The Sanctuary and more in the ACT IV... But all that he could say in the game is couple of riddles about that topic.

And yes, in spite of your statement about "Leah is destroyed for good" (your character), well, he don´t show a grim attitude and claim to know about some exception to the rule.

Well, another sugestion is to kill the idea about kill only archeotypical characters or "just the evil demons/humans". I meant all character in the saga who is killed by you is evil and period (the exception to the rule is a necromancer boss in Diablo 2 who was desperate to protect Arreat from demons... and yes, he made a deal with the Burning Hells)... Am ok with the Prime evils, but for humans characters is important to have some "grey" personalities (that is the main reason Lyndon is the most likeable character... the rest NPC´s are so extreme... too bad... too good) ... Well, i telling that becuase that saga is meant to be more adult, and wow have that grey situation in the ingame... i hope Diablo could do the same thing.

Another good idea is to kill human soldiers in the land of the Templar if the King is already corrupted/possessed by a lesser demon (not demons like Caledum in order to not repeat the same thing)... and be forced to battle some soldiers beacause an order from the king. You could kill some friendly NPC soldiers who were introduced in the game in self defense... That would be sad story to see, but interesting.

In Heaven, again, could be nice to redeem yourself with some trials... who knows?

(a disguise/skin in the town could be fine for the gameplay mechanics/lore).
Edited by Joremias#1674 on 6/22/2012 2:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Well it looks like Adria is the only one left to kill. I'm thinking she had some sort of master plan in mind. Like set Diablo up for a fall or something and she's really hiding all the power she's acquired to herself. Maybe she set diablo up to be killed by you (the nephalem) to buy herself time to prepare for something to make herself the ultimate prime evil. I dunno
Reply Quote
06/22/2012 05:07 PMPosted by Exodia
Well it looks like Adria is the only one left to kill. I'm thinking she had some sort of master plan in mind. Like set Diablo up for a fall or something and she's really hiding all the power she's acquired to herself. Maybe she set diablo up to be killed by you (the nephalem) to buy herself time to prepare for something to make herself the ultimate prime evil. I dunno

It may be possible, but wouldb't Diablo take control of her if she tried to do that? But something tells me you're on the right track. People like Adria don't spend an hour to come up with an evil plan. It usually takes days, months, even years...and in my opinion, Adria had PLENTY of time to come up with this.

Of course, I could be wrong but its speculation.
Reply Quote
The Wonderous Adventures with Chen DLC $19.99
The War Against Heaven with Kormac DLC $14.99
Finding Eiriena's Sisters DLC $14.99
Adria's Past DLC $9.99

Diablo 3 Expansion $49.99

Gheed's Elite RMAH DLC $14.99 (with a $1.99 monthly fee for bonuses)
Reply Quote
05/28/2012 08:46 AMPosted by ActionJack
and sorry, I am not a Diablo universe lore expert, nor a good writer :)

Neither were the people who wrote the Diablo 3 story, so, it's all good.

For what it's worth, I think your idea is about the same quality as the current D3 story. I mean it would fit right in if it was the plot of expansion.
Reply Quote
i will insist whit Chen and his statemtent about Leah fate... I am wondering about that topic because of his answer "i saw a lot of think of the world"... and his happy attitude about her

I think he is senile, but i don´t think so (there are some hints in order to guess his true identity)

Another topic: In Silver City, the writers didn´t put good lines (diablo character). Yes, there are false ghosts in order to low the moral... but Diablo (himself? well, "he" is a weirdo XP) don´t use some psycological tricks in the final battle. I wanted to see the worst terror of my character: New Tristan in flames, the god Yta corrupted, the unformed land destroyed, tormented barbarian souls as evil shadows of theirselves, the soul of leah colapsing (and yes... see her to be destroyed for good in front of your eyes. Whit that event could erradicate all my hopes about her... XD)

And yes, if Adria is killed soooo fast (exploting, drop dead, falling in pieces,etc)... i would be mad. I meant, i wanted to put her in the middle of the road in agony with some "small" wounds... That would be cruel, but she deserves a slow death XD
Edited by Joremias#1674 on 6/25/2012 7:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1- Black Soul Stone
2- Imperious
3- Malthael
4- Leah
5- Tyrael
6- Adria

One ponit of view.

Yes i know there is more points, but for now this what i need to explain:
Near at the end of the Act IV if i recall, when you have played with Demon Hunter (Female)
Your hero says "I'll save her even if I have to go to hell"... (Something like this)
In fact the game dosen't show what happens to Leah soul...
And if you guys may recall when the Prime Evil was defeated the black soul stone drops from the sky.
In the same act the hero says that he thinks that Leah soul was not fully consumed but Diablo...
That leaves a strong clue about the next ACT (Expansion)
Certainly Imperious will be a villain... in my theory he will hunt down the Black Soul Stone, but with Leah's soul inside our hero will not allow Imperious to destroy the Black Soul Stone with her soul inside... so there is a new ACT.
BUT WAIT!
And Tyrael ? Now mortal what he can do ?
As the Wisdom I think he will go find Malthael.
Who no one know's if he is a good or a bad guy...
But i think Malthael will appear...
And think about it... if to get Leah soul the hero needs to enter in the Black Soul Stone ?
As you guys may recall there is a Cinematic that show a bit the world inside the Black Soul Stone... Imagine if you have to beat all the lords?
And if the hero in the end need's to sacrifice himself to save everything once again?
Just speculation i know... but if you thinks about it all makes sense...
And Adria... Imperious may not know about Adria's treason... and she can use him to reach the black soul stone...

Please guys reply... maybe Blizzard guys like one of our idea's!

Sorry about the English.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Well, you'll find that Cain's bones have been stolen when visiting his grave. Your investigation will lead to a tavern where everyone seems to be safe and in good health, people coming from miles around to stay there. You'll then find that an Amnesiac Leah has used her powers to create a hugely massive tavern like palace of endless rooms and doors that appears simple on the outside, but people in side will have limited free will, so everyone stays safe. While there a customer will die and Leah will bring it back to life showing more power. A siege will be laying on the magic tavern as people try to bring their loved ones in to bring them back from the dead. The mass exhuming of the dead will cause the dead to rise slaughtering the pilgrims right on the doorstep of the tavern. Leah will try to bring all the dead back at once, succeeding, but each person she raises will have a petty, evil and animalistic nature unless they stay near Leah.

Meanwhile helping Lyndon to reach to top of the thieves guild so that you can use the combined efforts of an army of thieves to track down the dirgest Jewel. Defeating Shen's true form to get the jewel from him and using the jewel to drain the life from Leah removing some of her power and getting her back to normal. The Black Soulstone and Dirgest Jewel both drain the others power truely destroying the souls of the evils. With the souls of the evils gone, the angelic variation on the evils become further corrupted, sparking off a civil war in the heavens.
Reply Quote
i hope to find more NPC with neutral karma... the only "neutral" is your follower lyndon... But the rest of the main/secondary characters with important lore are bad/good guys... but not neutral so you can kill everything with 0 regrets (in fact, that could be fine if you are up to play with your adolecent kids)... In spite of many game in the last years are trying to set dificult moral decisions so you can have different endings in the games.

I would like to commit some inocent killings in a middle of a missunderstanding in order to make feel me sad (Even with the monk, but not with something enthusiastic like "i love to figth for Yta" if he/she is forced to do that.). I always wanted to see more mature content in the next expansion. I meant, the game has gore but you are "the perfect guy/girl". I think many people are unable to be identified with a "perfect" hero and his/her mindset in the gameplay like "saint" people. I don´t feel them like human beings at all beacuse they don´t do important mistakes like the rest of the mankind (The only exception to the rule is Adria because you didn´t prevent her betrayal)

I am not wondering why that game is "tolerated" in China (see on internet).

One more thing: i would like to see different cinematics for all the classes in the expansion so we can have different endings and another reason to play all the characters (and yes, the demon hunter deserves some videos about his/her past fighting for his/her life)
Edited by Joremias#1674 on 6/29/2012 10:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/29/2012 09:29 AMPosted by Joremias
I would like to commit some inocent killings in a middle of a missunderstanding in order to make feel me sad

What about Zoltan Kulle?
Reply Quote
I really want the story to somehow allow us to fight all seven lords of hell at once in the expansion. it would be nice to see meph baal and andy again.

EDIT: durial was left out purposely lol
Edited by Ash#1115 on 6/29/2012 12:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
first thing first
tell REAL storywriters to write
chris is just a ... i think he a graphic director...
anyway here i ideas, feel free to comment and recorrection, any of those will help me, thanks in advance
(sorry about my bad english)
2 new classes comes around... a strength-based and the other can use demoin powers to fight demons... i called him: demonologist!
just about the 7 evils come together as one again... Tathamet
Inarius, LIlith somehow grants the heroes their Birthright, true Nephalem powers
and there goes D4!
can anyone tell me how the black soulstone contain all of the 7 evils? thank alot
Reply Quote
I really want the story to somehow allow us to fight all seven lords of hell at once in the expansion. it would be nice to see meph baal and andy again.

EDIT: durial was left out purposely lol

I want to catch butterflies and pick flowers with my dear friend baal too ^^
his skills mesmerized me mind...
Reply Quote
1- Black Soul Stone
2- Imperious
3- Malthael
4- Leah
5- Tyrael
6- Adria

One ponit of view.

Yes i know there is more points, but for now this what i need to explain:
Near at the end of the Act IV if i recall, when you have played with Demon Hunter (Female)
Your hero says "I'll save her even if I have to go to hell"... (Something like this)
In fact the game dosen't show what happens to Leah soul...
And if you guys may recall when the Prime Evil was defeated the black soul stone drops from the sky.
In the same act the hero says that he thinks that Leah soul was not fully consumed but Diablo...
That leaves a strong clue about the next ACT (Expansion)
Certainly Imperious will be a villain... in my theory he will hunt down the Black Soul Stone, but with Leah's soul inside our hero will not allow Imperious to destroy the Black Soul Stone with her soul inside... so there is a new ACT.
BUT WAIT!
And Tyrael ? Now mortal what he can do ?
As the Wisdom I think he will go find Malthael.
Who no one know's if he is a good or a bad guy...
But i think Malthael will appear...
And think about it... if to get Leah soul the hero needs to enter in the Black Soul Stone ?
As you guys may recall there is a Cinematic that show a bit the world inside the Black Soul Stone... Imagine if you have to beat all the lords?
And if the hero in the end need's to sacrifice himself to save everything once again?
Just speculation i know... but if you thinks about it all makes sense...
And Adria... Imperious may not know about Adria's treason... and she can use him to reach the black soul stone...

Please guys reply... maybe Blizzard guys like one of our idea's!

Sorry about the English.

good ideas... i think inary and lily(ith) should appear too...
2 new classes...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]