Diablo® III

Diablo 3 DPS Meter

85 Troll Shaman
I'd really like to test my dps with some combo's and builds!

Perhaps we could invest in a target dummy, but give it some character, like an eternal demon that we can't figure out how to kill and we can name it randomly after a customer service rep !

(chained up to the blacksmith or somethin' !)

- Tan
Reply Quote
You know you can just hit C and it displays your DPS right?
Reply Quote
I'd really like to test my dps with some combo's and builds!

Perhaps we could invest in a target dummy, but give it some character, like an eternal demon that we can't figure out how to kill and we can name it randomly after a customer service rep !

(chained up to the blacksmith or somethin' !)

- Tan

05/29/2012 05:27 AMPosted by Amazing
You know you can just hit C and it displays your DPS right?

Exactly... what is there to test?
Reply Quote
The DPS displayed there isn't a good indication of actual dps. It only takes into account your left click skill. It's just a benchmark.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Well if I have an ability that says it uses 143% of my damage and I DW (Crippling wave + mangle on a monk for example) I want to be able to see the consistency of my damage and test MH better for OH etc + if it has effects on it IE lifesteal how much % based that does etc...

Currently I just do a live field-test on Act III on the battlefield :P
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Hehehe sounds kinda fun, i love the idea of the eternal demon & it being named after a rep of some kind ROFL
Reply Quote
People can argue back and forth about how they don't want it or how it'll ruin the game blah, blah blah.. But the fact remains its a great tool for testing out different combos with skills/runes.
the hero stats just don't take account for enough info. I know for a fact Monks ally and vortex are not included in the damage count. As well critical damage/ratio is also left out. That's just the damage side of a parser. Lets not forget about the healing side! Monks have an array of healing sources to choose from. maybe I want to see the difference between Manta of healing, vs Mantra of conviction with Reclamation rune skill? Or just testing to see if life on hit Vs Life steal % would be grater for my particular build, Gear/Level. If people don't wish to uses such add-on no one would force them to but that doesn't mean they should take it away from those that would. That's my point of view on it anyways :)
Reply Quote
why is my dps crashing all of a sudden??? when i open my stats it goes down and it goes up what the hell is going on????
Reply Quote
may example right now is 5.7 k but it goes down all of a sudden to like 2.5 k i dont know why:(
Reply Quote
06/12/2012 10:41 PMPosted by TyTan
why is my dps crashing all of a sudden??? when i open my stats it goes down and it goes up what the hell is going on????

Are you a Demon Hunter? It might be because of your passive skill "Sharpshooter"
Edited by rice4sho#1365 on 6/13/2012 2:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]