Diablo® III

Keybinding's aren't saving properly

When I logout of my account, the keybindings do not save properly. They only saved partially at some point, causing the same key to be bound to two different commands (Map, and Move). One must have reverted while the other one saved. Most of the time they do not save at all. I found a similar problem reported on the EU Diablo 3 forums. Please fix this.
Reply Quote
-deleted
Edited by Cobbs#1334 on 5/24/2012 4:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I've been playing with this issue as well. Key Bindings not saving and having to redo them every time I want to play Diablo 3. But, I found a solution!

The solution I have found is whenever you set a (one) key binding, click 'Apply'. Repeat for each key binding you do.

Hope this helps ^_^
Reply Quote
Here is one possible solution to people with high quality keyboards. You could work around this problem by simply binding the specific keys to act as a totally different key in the software that comes with your keyboard. Of course, that leads to possible problems typing in chat if its a key you would need for typing ofc.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Or for those that do not have a "high quality" keyboard, like Restoned, you can just simply click 'Apply' for each key bind you perform.
Reply Quote
That doesn't work, as I just tested it.

I have rebound my "show all loot on ground" key from ALT to V, hit apply, then accept, then logged all the way out. Log back in and it is back to being ALT. Nor will reassigning keyboard keys on a fancy keyboard (or using something like AutoHotKey), because if you ever have to type to a teammate/friend all those keys you rebound are going to be incorrect and you will tvpe thongs loke thps.

Your keyboard shortcuts are being saved on a server somewhere. The issue is that it is completely opaque as to when it actually gets saved. At some point my keys got saved (since at some point I bound "show monster health bars" to V, and THAT is what V is bound to now when I log in), but it hasn't been saved in a couple of days.

My guess? They have to limit the number of save requests every time someone hits the Apply button from their keybinding menu so their servers don't die. Just a guess.

What they should do is save your keys locally like they do your prefs. I play on three different machines (all with different keyboards and mice) so my controls are a teeny bit different from machine to machine. It would be super convenient to just make you assign keystrokes on a per machine/per battle.net login. Yeah, I would have to have set up my keys three different times now... but as it is, I've had to reassign at least one keybinding every single time I've logged in since launch. Dozens? A hundred? More?
Reply Quote
The most important bindings can be changed, but some keys don't like to be unassigned. Numpad7-0 will trigger the bug if you try to assign them to something other than the emotes. Also, the "i" key doesn't like to be assigned in some places. Please put this in the known bugs at least. It's pretty well known...
Reply Quote
Still not a known issue, bump
Reply Quote
BUMP until I see a blue reply in one of these keybinding error threads.

At first, various keys were reverting for me upon client restart. Through trial and error, I found that the 'R' key was the culprit for me. Whenever I tried to change it, it and any other keys I re-bound that session would revert. I've now gotten the other keys to stick that I wanted to change. But this needs to be FIXED, as I would really like to use A-W-D-R for my skills in place of 1-2-3-4, without having to manually set 'R' every $*&%ing time I start Diablo III.
Reply Quote
Still no fix and not even an acknowledgement. None of the user-suggested "fixes" work, like hitting Apply over and over, running the game as admin (I already do) or resetting all to default and trying again.
Reply Quote
My wife has the same issue but i do not. Kinda wierd. She is on an XP machine and Im on Vista Home Professional.

She remaps move to the up arrow, clicks apply and every time she logs in its reset.

I looked for a config file on her computer because we had this same issue with some settings not saving in WOW but it appears the config is stored server side (or i havent found it yet :) )
Reply Quote
Was having this issue too, well still am but managed to change some of them at least. So tried resetting everything back to default.

Avoided changing R and the emotes that were assigned to NumPad (Set the emotes that are defaulted to numpad in key 2.)

Managed to change to keys that I wanted for the action bar skills and potion key. The emotes that were defaulted without set keys I was freely able to set to whatever key I wanted. Exited the game. Signed back on, and they were actually saved! :D
Edited by Lillianae#1849 on 5/31/2012 9:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Still an issue, I still have to rebind over and over again.
Reply Quote
Was having this issue too, well still am but managed to change some of them at least. So tried resetting everything back to default.

Avoided changing R and the emotes that were assigned to NumPad (Set the emotes that are defaulted to numpad in key 2.)

Managed to change to keys that I wanted for the action bar skills and potion key. The emotes that were defaulted without set keys I was freely able to set to whatever key I wanted. Exited the game. Signed back on, and they were actually saved! :D

Yep, the 'R' key is the one I want to change that I still can't, and I want that to be one of my Action keys, so this BITES.
Reply Quote
Same issue. VERY ANNOYING.
Reply Quote
Same here. Frustration.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I have this problem with the Pgup and PgDn keys, as well as the tilde (aka 'grave' in-game). This can only be fixed server side, since keybinds are not saved locally.

It is stupid that something so simple is not fixed yet.
Reply Quote
^

friendlist from P => X and mute sound/music wont be saved...
Reply Quote
Same issue, hoping to see a resolution...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]