Diablo® III

Keybinding's aren't saving properly

To add another instance of this, the "Page Up Chat" and "Page Down Chat" bindings don't persist between restarts of the game.

(So it's not just PgUp and PgDn, it's these specific bindings too.)

For repro purposes for a blue: I have "Page Up Chat" and "Page Down Chat" bound to [ and ] respectively.

edit: well that doesn't format well. haha. sorry, first time using the forums.
Edited by adderall#1275 on 6/10/2012 11:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
"Ticket US27110636 - Aiduesti - Customer Service Representative

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us about your issue with your keybindings. I researched this issue for you, even as far as recreating the issue you are having myself. I did find out that is currently a known issue and we are working on getting it fixed. Until we do get this issue resloved you can only have 27 keybindings active, any more and they will not save. It will work for the game session you are on, but after you close the game you would lose the extra bindings.

If you still need assistance, feel free to hit the "Not resolved" button below or If you'd prefer to speak to someone over the phone, our Representatives are available 7 days a week from 7AM to 8PM Pacific Time at 1-800-592-5499.

Regards,

Mallorie D.
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support
"
Reply Quote
Does anyone else think that this is a sign of Blizzard going downhill in terms of quality? They knew there was massive anticipation for this game, but they obviously weren't ready since they had so much downtime the first week. Plus, they are completely incapable of fixing a simple keybinding issue within the first 2-3 weeks of release? Seriously? Blizzard seems to be coasting on their reputation. D3 is definitely the last game of theirs that I buy.
Reply Quote
Same issue. I am a lefty and I need to reasign keybinds for almost every game I have ever played since 1992 ... with the exception of 1 other game, I am unable to save my keyboard config. Why in the name of all that is good there isn't a local config file for those settings is beyond me and I personally consider it unacceptable. Especially since, as I have mentioned before, I have been changing the layout to what could be possibly thousands of games within my lifetime.
Reply Quote
Same here,
I guess I open up a support ticket.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]