Diablo® III

Explain to me Diablo 3's Story.

85 Undead Priest
I'm not able to play Diablo III, and probably won't for some time, but I'm pretty desperate to know about the events that take place in Diablo III. If there is a way for someone to link me everything that happens in chonological order, or explain to me through a P.M., I'd appreciate it. I can't find any useful links that have been posted about what happened in Diablo III, probably because 99 percent of people haven't played, or beaten the game yet. Like I said though, I don't plan on playing it for a while, so I'd just like to know what happened in the game from start to finish.
Reply Quote
You're really not missing anything noteworthy. It's not written very well. Just wait and play for yourself, whenever you get the chance.
Reply Quote
91 Worgen Druid
Watch the Black Soulstone trailer. You can easily figure out the entire storyline of D3 from that alone.
Reply Quote
People are overreacting. To get the D3 story I feel you have to really try. Most people just go through the game and do the quest. But to truly understand the story you have to listen to the talk of the towns people. Explore for random events, and most importantly talk to key characters about all their topics. They really reveal parts of the story that you will find interesting.
As many have done if you blow through the story it's really not that exciting it's about everything else.
Reply Quote
If I understand it correctly... [SPOILERS]

Tyrael takes 20 years to sober up after destroying the Worldstone in D2X. Then he comes to Sanctuary as the fallen star (and as a human ala James Remar's Raiden) to tell folks about the evil Belial taking over Caldeum in disguise these last 20 years.

Adria the witch from D1 gets you to trap Belial in the Black Soulstone which (?) already contains the souls of the 5 Great Evils defeated in D2.

Azmodan, the last Great Evil then invades Sanctuary through the weakness at Mount Arreat where the Worldstone used to be in order to get the Black Soulstone and rule with the power of the other 6 evils who are now in it.

After you kill Azmodan, Diablo possesses Leah (from inside the stone, with Adria's help) using the 7 evils' powers to become the 'Prime Evil' himself. Maybe this was his plan all the way back from the Dark Exile but it's set up really really poorly.

Diablo then goes to Heaven and kicks everyone's !@# until you go there and kill him.

The End. Did I miss anything?
Edited by Ichorid#1982 on 5/17/2012 5:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
well said.
One funny thing is how Tyrael becomes human is totally unrelated to the story itself.
Reply Quote
87 Goblin Warlock
If I understand it correctly... [SPOILERS]

Tyrael takes 20 years to sober up after destroying the Worldstone in D2X. Then he comes to Sanctuary as the fallen star (and as a human ala James Remar's Raiden) to tell folks about the evil Belial taking over Caldeum in disguise these last 20 years.

Adria the witch from D1 gets you to trap Belial in the Black Soulstone which (?) already contains the souls of the 5 Great Evils defeated in D2.

Azmodan, the last Great Evil then invades Sanctuary through the weakness at Mount Arreat where the Worldstone used to be in order to get the Black Soulstone and rule with the power of the other 6 evils who are now in it.

After you kill Azmodan, Diablo possesses Leah (from inside the stone, with Adria's help) using the 7 evils' powers to become the 'Prime Evil' himself. Maybe this was his plan all the way back from the Dark Exile but it's set up really really poorly.

Diablo then goes to Heaven and kicks everyone's !@# until you go there and kill him.

The End. Did I miss anything?

[SPOILERS]
Important thing to bare in mind through the story is that leah was the daughter of the dark wanderer + adria. So in essence she has a part of diablo in her from the get go, so that is who azmodan is addressing in the black soul stone cinematic. Hmmm what else, they pretty much give it away that adria is gonna betray you someway when you first get the black soul stone and the evil mage guy is surprized to find it has other souls in it.

As for the ending, blah blah blah good guys win with a painfully obvious x-pac opening when the soulstone falls back down to sanctuary and adria still unaccounted for.

Wish the ending had SOME closure to it. Finding out what happens to leah's soul since imperius destroyed her body.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]