Diablo® III

LOL, other dev's trolling Blizzard.

05/16/2012 09:14 AMPosted by Olarium
Its also code for - Our game sucks so bad that our fans would rather be attempting to login to diablo then play eve.

Wins the thread.
Reply Quote
Eve isn't a game, it's a job. I know people joke around and say that about WoW, but when it comes to Eve it's not a joke.
Reply Quote
Coming from a game that couldn't handle server load when the veterans (and newbies) decided to attack major trading hubs with roughly a thousand ships, taking down servers for almost two days.

Call back when you guys can get a million players. Oh wait... you can't.
Reply Quote
05/16/2012 09:24 AMPosted by Axon
Funny, but when you only have 3007 people playing your game, I'd imagine it's easier to keep the servers

Yes yes, 29K players on 1 server.

Same thing

Idiot, you are not!
Reply Quote
EVE is killer. Internet space ships pew pew. Unless you suck at it. In which case your days of EVE are station-spinning.

If only SWTOR did something similar. trolololol
Reply Quote
eve is pretty good, but I like google docs spreadsheet better.
Reply Quote
Eve is more for 18+ for sure, that's why people like to play. No Kids like wow and it takes more thought than wow,
Reply Quote
05/16/2012 09:26 AMPosted by Switch72nd
Eve isn't a game, it's a job. I know people joke around and say that about WoW, but when it comes to Eve it's not a joke.

Wait you don't like logging on to a "game" to file your taxes.
Reply Quote
Coming from a game that couldn't handle server load when the veterans (and newbies) decided to attack major trading hubs with roughly a thousand ships, taking down servers for almost two days.

Call back when you guys can get a million players. Oh wait... you can't.

With all due respect... if you had 1000 players attacking a major WoW city on a server that handles your ENTIRE player-base (as EVE does), you might have some problems too. And more graphical stuffs is happening in EVE, especially after the large amounts of over-hauling they have done in the last 2 years.

Or maybe half a million players trying to log into Diablo 3 at once and blowing up the battle.net servers. The hypocrisy of your statement is palpable.
Reply Quote
Eve is a damn legit game.
Reply Quote
EVE is alright, better then most out there..
Reply Quote
05/16/2012 09:18 AMPosted by Deadpoetic
Eve Online is an amazingly deep and fun game.

Amazingly deep, yes. Fun? That one's debatable. Maybe if you're an accountant.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
05/16/2012 09:14 AMPosted by Olarium
Its also code for - Our game sucks so bad that our fans would rather be attempting to login to diablo then play eve.

Nah, EvE is a heck of a game. It's just not for your average 14 year old Wrath-baby that's been coddled by Blizzard for the past 4 years.
Reply Quote
Nah, EvE is a heck of a game. It's just not for your average 14 year old Wrath-baby that's been coddled by Blizzard for the past 4 years.

HAHA thank you.
Reply Quote
05/16/2012 09:27 AMPosted by Deadpoetic
Funny, but when you only have 3007 people playing your game, I'd imagine it's easier to keep the servers

Same thing

Idiot, you are not!

Oh for christ's sake, it was a joke. I'm aware that Eve is a popular and well regarded game, but it's still a niche MMO.
Reply Quote
Well, blizzard did open the door with their trolling of Bioware on April 1.
Reply Quote
84 Blood Elf Paladin
05/16/2012 09:24 AMPosted by slumpy
Eve Online is an amazingly deep and fun game. But hey, who are we kidding here. We're on the Diablo 3 msg board. It's not like deep and complexe gameplay means something to most of you!

It also has the steepest learning curve ever, which makes getting into it difficult.

-----

And really guys? Nobody plays Eve? Is that why they're one of the oldest MMO's out there? Why they are one of the only MMO's still running on a subscription base? I don't even play Eve but I'm smart enough to recognize a good, popular game when i see one.

Well, that's not very sound logic. Asheron's call (out way before Eve) is still running with a monthly sub, but I would hardly say it's "popular". Eve is the same. It has some hard core players, how many actually pay the sub vs ISK who knows but your logic needs to be tuned...
Reply Quote
05/16/2012 09:47 AMPosted by Axon

Same thing

Idiot, you are not!

Oh for christ's sake, it was a joke. I'm aware that Eve is a popular and well regarded game, but it's still a niche MMO.

Every MMO is a niche MMO
The larger ones like WOW are just a niche for kids and people that cant afford a decent computer.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]