Diablo® III

LOL, other dev's trolling Blizzard.

At least Blizzard devs didn't release a patch that deletes users boot.ini file.
Reply Quote
I like EVE and Diablo 3

*smokes cigarette while the firing squad lines up*
Reply Quote
hahah all the blizzard fanboys hating on eve because of this reminds me of 12 year old girls defending justin beiber
Reply Quote
05/16/2012 09:24 AMPosted by slumpy
Eve Online is an amazingly deep and fun game. But hey, who are we kidding here. We're on the Diablo 3 msg board. It's not like deep and complexe gameplay means something to most of you!

It also has the steepest learning curve ever, which makes getting into it difficult.

-----

And really guys? Nobody plays Eve? Is that why they're one of the oldest MMO's out there? Why they are one of the only MMO's still running on a subscription base? I don't even play Eve but I'm smart enough to recognize a good, popular game when i see one.

You know who else runs a subscription based MMO? Blizzard. Oh, what, it's the largest sub based MMO? Woah, mind = blown.
Reply Quote
I don't always play Diablo 3.

But when I do, I get error 37.
Reply Quote
05/16/2012 09:53 AMPosted by Burzghash
forum that doesn't appreciate the glorious intricacies of 'Excel Spreadsheet - The Game', I don't get it!

Yeah, this "Mouse 1 button click "simulator is way better!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This is pretty funny. Not an eve fan myself but find it stupid that everyone is jumping on them for putting this on their login screen.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
05/16/2012 09:24 AMPosted by slumpy
Eve Online is an amazingly deep and fun game. But hey, who are we kidding here. We're on the Diablo 3 msg board. It's not like deep and complexe gameplay means something to most of you!

It also has the steepest learning curve ever, which makes getting into it difficult.

-----

And really guys? Nobody plays Eve? Is that why they're one of the oldest MMO's out there? Why they are one of the only MMO's still running on a subscription base? I don't even play Eve but I'm smart enough to recognize a good, popular game when i see one.

Except it is not played on a subscription based... Fail...
Reply Quote
For the haters and just misinformed...EVE is a great game and has TONS of players. It has more players in a single world than WoW. WoW was broken up. So to EVE's credit, it's true MMO. That said, I understand the space genre is not for everyone AND it does really take a long time to play. It's a pretty hardcore game and you can lose a lot too in combat and have to redo things and recover a good chunk of lost time. It's not for everyone. It is, as someone mentioned, like a job. I played for several years (years ago) and quit. I gave my character which I could have sold for about $1500 USD to a relative and he still plays it. It's a very active game and I don't think it's fair to dis it. However, while I think what they did was humorous it's also not fair for them to dis Diablo. As annoyed at Blizzard as I am for all this (because these server problems could have been avoided with proper planning and some more money) I don't think either camp should be harassing the other. I enjoy both of these games and they are both well done when they both work properly. Don't forget EVE also had lag issues for a while.
Reply Quote
forum that doesn't appreciate the glorious intricacies of 'Excel Spreadsheet - The Game', I don't get it!

Apparently it is if Eve is desperate enough to try to get D3 players having login problems to play their game.

Also, if the "mouse 1 button click" doesn't appeal to you, why are you even on the Diablo 3 forums? Oh, cuz you bought the game too? that's right.

Unless I totally read this wrong and you're actually saying D3 is better than Eve. :P
Edited by Psiwolf#1583 on 5/16/2012 10:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
l0l, EVE hate is always so misinformed and easily debunked.

"EVE lo0l0l90lol spreadsheets in space noobzors"

This is a clear sign that you've never played the game and are parroting a misconception.

"EVE is still alive? lololol"

Yep. With half a million people it's also easily in the top 5 most populous mmo's.

05/16/2012 09:24 AMPosted by Axon
Funny, but when you only have 3007 people playing your game, I'd imagine it's easier to keep the servers up.

Do you not see the 27,644 players by the login box...I know reading must be difficult for you.
Reply Quote
I left WoW for EVE years ago and I haven't looked back. People who say it is nothing but spreadsheets have never played it. It is very deep and complex and manufacturing things (buying the parts, blueprints, building them) or running a corporation requires a lot of organization and this is why people have spreadsheets. If you are just playing to blow stuff up, like I do, then you will never see a spreadsheet.

Also people saying that it is like a job don't know what they're talking about. The "lvling" is all passive so you don't even have to play to level up, and if you are clever, you can find ways of making in-game money without playing as well. Because of this, you spend your time in the game actually doing things you consider fun instead of leveling or making money.

Not that I don't like grinding... I mean I play Diablo...
Reply Quote
Eve Online is an amazingly deep and fun game.

Amazingly deep, yes. Fun? That one's debatable. Maybe if you're an accountant.

EVE is not fun for us accountants either if that says anything about it. Well, maybe those in auditing like it, they'd find anything entertaining.
Edited by Oxymoron#1645 on 5/16/2012 10:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/16/2012 10:00 AMPosted by Psiwolf

Apparently it is if Eve is desperate enough to try to get D3 players having login problems to play their game.

Also, if the "mouse 1 button click" doesn't appeal to you, why are you even on the Diablo 3 forums? Oh, cuz you bought the game too? that's right.

Unless I totally read this wrong and you're actually saying D3 is better than Eve. :P

I like both games. Actually, CCP simply has a sense of human and they always have clever loggin messages.
Reply Quote
Eve is a sharp well made game but I do not have the free time it requires. And yes, some people actually do have jobs in Eve. In the 0 zones groups of people actually take shifts to guard mining and special areas and corp holdings. People are on batphones and on call and all of it. It is fun but If I have a spare 8 hours + a day I am going to make some real money and go to Jamaica every so often. Can't go to an all-inclusive resort on space bucks. *cheers*
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]