Diablo® III

List of computer changes prior to trying HC?

Last night I was playing on my SC monk, got into a pack of goatmen and gold mob, was doing fairly well and then my game minimized due to an Itunes auto update (Curse you fiance!) and my monk died. Oh well. But if I was on a HC character it would be frustrating.

Is there any way to force Diablo 3 to always be on top? So even a popup wouldn't minimize it. I know I could turn off the updates of Itunes, but then there is uTorrent, and you turn that off and then there is some other application. It is easier to say 'Application X, always on top' rather than listing every application that is not allowed to pop up.
Reply Quote
It is indeed a problem.

I am using this program to keep that exact thing from occuring:
http://www.labnol.org/software/tutorials/keep-window-always-on-top/5213/

There is no native function in Windows 7 or XP (assuming you are running a Windows Box) to keep a given program on top. Bad design, IMO.
Reply Quote
i think you can try to play d3 without being in full screen. That case, anything that pops up is simply in front of d3, and you just have to switch windows on your taskbar.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
What Araret said; I play D3 (and WoW) in 'maximized window' so that things like this don't trip me up (also, alt+tabbing to get to the second monitor gets old fast). The one caveat is that your system has to be powerful enough to render D3 and all the other OS stuff simultaneously.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]