Diablo® III

How to change difficulty?

85 Orc Rogue
So I just beat Act 4, and there was a pop that asked if I wanted to leave my game. I didn't accept it. So, I'm wondering, how do I change the difficulty? When I go to "change quest" there is the difficulty box but when I click the arrow, "Normal" is all that shows up. I realize I'm missing something, but what?
Reply Quote
Help please!
Reply Quote
Anyone? Hello!
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
I would love the answer to this question because I am in the same boat. I assume you should be able to start the game over with an existing character on a harder difficulty.

"Inferno is the new difficulty level added in Diablo III that is aimed at max-level characters for a challenging end-game content."

Source: http://www.diablowiki.net/Difficulty

It also claims the items are more powerful, as they'd have to be. So how do we change it?
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
I figured it out. When you defeat Diablo and that box pops up asking if you want to return to the main menu, you need to hit ok. A cinematic will play and then it will tell you you beat the game and roll credits. Then you can select Nightmare from the drop down.

If you never hit "ok" then go replay the very last quest and defeat Diablo again.
Edited by dEuCe#1570 on 5/16/2012 7:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks Peed! Just killed Diablo and... wtf, no I don't want to go main menu.... but then there's nothing to do so, you do it manually and whoop you're kinda screwed lol. Going back again to hit ok....
Reply Quote
You can select your dificulty level by switching it when you choose your mission after you've defeated Diablo.It's in the left corner of your quest window(account character).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]