Diablo® III

NVIDIA video card freezing play

90 Pandaren Priest
Hello. I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250, current driver version 296.10. Intermittently I've been having the game freeze for up to 2 seconds, blank the screen for up to 3 seconds, then flip back and it is playable again. Was wondering if you were aware of a patch coming from NVIDIA that may fix this problem? Last update for them was March 13th.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
I too have video freezing ever since this game came out. Bought a new computer all Solid State, but with a new NVIDIA Geoforce GTX 660 Ti. All brand new, Windows7 64 bit, all patched and up to date on all drivers.

SAME Video Freezing, and 50% of the lockups I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to the desktop to close the task. Other times, I might get lucky and the game will unfreeze, about 30-60 seconds later, and I have to catch up with the group.

I have turned all the video settings down, shadows off, followed a few guides, looked at the CPU & Video Card temperature, and still, the same lockups.

I also notice the same anomilies, when doing Seigebreaker run, at the end of the map before seigebreaker, when I path up to the right side, the video flashes white and scrambled garbage every time. Old computer and new computer do the same thing. Only thing that is the same is the brand of the video card.
Reply Quote
had the same thing happen to me but it happened with any game i played.... someone told me that "its because the video card was overheating and to put a fan next to your intake exhaust on your computer"... so i tried it out now its working fine
Reply Quote
My machine is all liquid cooled, brand new, cool as a cucumber when the crash happens.

Before I did scale down the Video settings it was running warm'ish, but now is cool when the crash occurs.

Sloppy programming is beginning to be my guess. I mean, I played warcraft with 20-40 people raids with a ton of magic effects, and never crashed, same machine.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]