Diablo® III

my issue with 3007

i'm not sure if this helps but i've been experiencing error 3007 myself. i'm on a router network at home, and one thing i realized when i disable other clients attached to the network, i did not encounter 3007 anymore. i'm no techy, but it could be something to do with conflicting I.P.'s.
Reply Quote
can you explain what u mean by disable clients?
Reply Quote
80 Human Warrior
This is in regards for a constant error of code 3007.

I've read over and over on various forum threads of Error 3007 Lost Connection. And to be quite frank from every Blizzard response, it is nothing more then the exact same thing over and over. Either a 'Self-Troubleshooting Guide' is recommended OR, we get told it's a user error of some sort. So for you BLIZZARD, allow me to shed some light on this very fast growing problem.

Error 3007 is a 'LOST CONNECTION' Error that shows for a rapidly large growing number of players with constant posts and new threads being made over and over. So, here is my first question. IF this Error 3007 is a user error and trouble shooting is the simple fix, why does the number of received errors grow? How can it be user related when so many suffer it?

World of WarCraft and StarCraft2 Players have not complained about loosing connection, it's just the loss with this game. Everyone has been saying the same thing. I will rephrase for better understanding. "ALL GAMES THAT REQUIRE ONLINE ACCESS TO PLAY WORK PERFECTLY FINE EXCEPT FOR DIABLO 3"

I play World of WarCraft and Diablo II BattleNet all the time and nothing is wrong with either. Never do I get disconnected. I run Steam from Valve and all my online games work just fine. The fact I am here making this post shows I am online.

Here are some factors BLIZZARD to show that this constant growing error is NOT user related and is NOT a simple 'troubleshooting fix'.

Factor #1: High Volume of players from all over the world play this game. We are not all in the same house, on the same router, or on the same provider.

Factor #2: ISP is varied from player to player. Some run Comcast, Charter, Frontier, DSL, Cable, or FiOS. Meaning that everyone single player aside from one's in the same house have their own set up regardless of provider.

Factor #3: Router and Modems. Some players are connected directly from the computer to the modem, others go through 1 or 2 routers. Some have D-Link, Linksys, Netgear, Belkin,Dynex, or some other brand for a router. Whether the router is wireless or not should NOT matter if the player has a direct LAN connection to the router. Being wired or wireless depends on how they connect to the internet NOT what router they use. [I cottaced Blizzard Support via phone and they asked me the router and I told them a wireless but I had a wired connection and we were going through steps to help get a better wireless connection. Complete incompetence.]

Factor #4: IP Addresses. Everyone has one if you are connected to the internet, everyone's is different no matter what. So if this is still a user related error for our 'Loosing Connection' how do we change this? Well simple answer you can't. So safe to say that everyone with an internet connection has an IP address, so, a 'User Realted Error for this lost connection can be started here in knowing...We as the players in this mass group are not responible for the lost connection.

Factor #5: how the game was obtained. Some have downloaded it from buying it from from the website, other got it with the annual pass of WoW, others got a standard edition of the game, others got the Collectors Edition of the game. So Loss of Connection Errors being ruled from this is ridiculous.

NOTES:
Complete power cycling can help, yes. Ensuring your router's firmware is up to date, yes. Making sure ports are set aside for D3, yes. These are all three some factors that MAY increase the stability of your connection, but as with most, it does not.

I do not want to have to go out and buy some really really expensive router and get a bunch more cat7 cables just to play this game. Every other online game works fine, not a single connection error at all.

URGENT!
BLIZZARD: Every other game works fine, WoW, SC2, Diablo 2. The connection for the servers work fine, no disconnection at all!

As some have said with so many variables with this, ISP, IP Addresses, modem styles, router styles, network cards(whether added on or the on board default), ethernet style cables, the difference in either wireless or wired connection, so many are different for every single person, but ONE thing and only ONE thing is the same. Where we are all receiving this Error 3007, through BLIZZARD on Diablo 3. (Not WoW, not SC2, not D2, Not any other internet required game, JUST Diablo 3)

So please, any blizzard representative who is reading, don't give me a guide for trouble shooting, it doesn't work. I've spent the last day and a half trying to figure this out and there is no answer. I've exhausted every method of my own knowledge, the ones I found here, even called to get additional help and nothing worked. So many other deal with this same exact problem.

Theory:
Server Bug. In the emergency maintenance work some scripting along the way has gotten messed up. At least something has been plagued. Fact is there is something with the Diablo 3 server that fails to keep a connection with the player and closes. At first I could understand some of us having it and it require mere troubleshooting and we as the players couldn't hold the connection with the server, but now it's still continuing. Many people have spent $60-$100 and many haven't been able to make their first character or even see the game yet. This cannot be something as simple as troubleshooting, especially with such a high growing number. Instead of taking time to research troubleshooting ideas to post that have already been exhausted, get a team to investigate the server scripting itself and find where this bug is and why people keep getting disconnected.

As of 3:17pm EST, for the first 30 pages of 152 for threads, 86 threads have been made for these to errors.

A total of 1563 posts as of right now have been made on this growing issue. Meaning with people posting multiple, there is at least no less then 1000 different people who've suffered this.

HERE IS THE KICKER!
The 1563 Posts are all posts made by people like us, the gamers.

This isn't even the total amount, just the first 30 thread pages.

86 threads, 1563 Posts, BLIZZARD RESPONSES: 7

This post was made by someone else...

[Everyone! Blizzard has found the cure for error 3007!
It is our routers!
They are not allowing diablo servers to have a constant connection please do this and you will be a happy camper
3) Forwarding ports 1119 and 6881-6999 on the router to your computer's current IP address. This site shows how to forward ports on a variety of routers]

Alright, let's break this down.

WoW, and SC2 gamers don't have to do this. I play WoW and don't have to do this. Nor with any other internet needed game have I had to forward the ports in the history of me owning a computer and playing games. I have met and played with several hundred gamers all over the world and have come to have them as some of my best friends and NONE of them have ever had to forward ports before.

Next we look at the fact that there is no reason we should need to forward any ports. We should be able to just launch the game, log in and play. No messing with firewall settings and router ports. Nothing against people who have no clue what they are doing, and when you put someone who has never encountered it before in the driver seat, it can lead to potential disaster and really mess up your day.

My computer system surpasses both minimum and recommended requirements to play Diablo III, as well as many others here. We are not going to go out after spending $60-$100 to be able to play a game that SHOULD have been ready to go.

This CURE is a temp fix for some NOT all. Every router, every computer, every player has a different set up. Have you personally tried this yourself? Probably not. This error continues to grow for people and many don't even have routers! Some are on university connections where in order for something like that to be fixed that have to submit paperwork for it to be looked at first. THEN it goes into consideration and doesn't always get done.

As a note to this, I have done the port forwarding, firewall changes and everything. Nothing changed. I was still kicked with this error. Some people have added with changing chat to General Chat. Well this is all well and good, but i am getting kicked either during the credential authorization or right as I enter the character selection menu. Don't even have a chance to load my chat zone.

The fact people can increase their stability to help with this issue is great., if they know what to do. However most don't know what they are doing and the issue is they can really screw up their system doing this. however here is one issue I have with this. We shouldn't have to do this. I've been gaming for many years and I have NEVER had to route around anything. I've never had to adjust anything that require internet access. Some people are with a modem and router, some people have two routers, some have no router just a modem, some are on wired or wireless university internet.

Quite a large amount of people can't adjust the routers completely. Especially on a university internet. So this idea of adjusting firewall and and router is not going to work for everyone, just a handful.

The next issue I've seen is joining 'General Chat' and it ends this. I automatically am set to general chat. My range is from the credentials to character selection. That is the furthest I get before I get disconnected. Sometimes so instant if right after I connect to battlenet server. Right after it connects it gives me Error:3007. So this chat change helps some but not all.

There is no magical fix cure that one person can do for all. With everyone having different set-ups of internet, computer systems, ISP, etc., What may work for some won't work for all. This error and several like it is growing quickly. A lot of people loosing gear, quests, items, etc. The biggest error now is simple disconnection on a wide spread basis right at the start or a max of roughly 5 minutes maybe. Several are fine, most aren't.

This issue is a bug of some sort. Corrupt data, missing script files, I don't know. But with how widespread this issue is, it can't be user related. We shouldn't have to adjust anything. Everything else works for everyone, why only D3 and no real response from BLIZZARD. Tech guys, we know you are passing info on, we know the issue is being looked into, but some more updates, information, just letting use know we aren't being ignored and the actual errors are being looked into, not just being advised to try these methods of troubleshooting. It's to wide spread to be that 'simple' of a fix. Especially when many have done EVERYTHING suggested and still suffer the same problem with no change, like myself.
Reply Quote
@Merrikvoluro
/sign

same problems here in europe :(
http://eu.battle.net/d3/de/forum/topic/4078167827?page=1

I tried with different routers like Cisco, Zyxel and Linksys
2 Computers
2 Internet Operators

i also tried with the "workaround" that blizzard have on the support page...
the different workarounds in the post's - nothing helped...

imho is not a problem on my equipment...

But you can feel lucky to have a blue posting to you, here in europe it's 1! post with a simple:
"we're checking this issue, pls be patient" (3 days ago...)

it's a shame
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
i cant even log in without it saying 3007 so what do i do ??
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I would really like to know what is going on last maintenance the problem has gotten even worse. First two days yea there we bad but at least I could play day before last maintenance most the day I was getting dc every 3-5 min then cleared up just before maintenance. Today I can't play the game at all with out a DC ever 3-5min. Longest I stay in a game is 10 TOPs. I have done eight things I can think of off the top of my head to fix this. Never mind that all the other games I play are fine no dc's. So one wonders just what are they doing that makes Diablo 3 so picky on wither or not players get disconnected.

As a max level char in diablo 3 the magic fine buff becomes pretty pointless if you can't even stay in the game long enough to 5 stack it and kill a boss.
Reply Quote
I am having a lots of problem with error 3007, from time to time i always disonnected from the server since I bought Diablo 3 from local distributor in Manila, Philippines. Can you do something to resolve this problem. As of now I want to play but I can not connect in all the server region. It's very very discouraging. Instead of enjoying the game it makes me stress due to resetting due to disconnection. Hoping the problem can resolve ASAP!
Reply Quote
I personally helped to put the computer into the DMZ :)
Reply Quote
There's another thread for people with D-Link Dir-615 routers having this issue.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5150107465?page=1#17

Basically...
"try setting UDP and TCP Endpoint Filtering to Endpoint Independent. Those two settings can be found under Advanced > Firewall Settings"

This worked for me. Been having these issues since launch.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I'm still having the 3007 error issue, if theres any updates, please let me know, thank you.
Reply Quote
MerrikVoluro basically summed up everything to be said about this issue. I was trying to play the game on my dad's computer just to get a start until I get my new computer(just ordered yesterday), as my personal computer sucks and cannot even run diablo 3, let alone Quake 3, (it ran SC2 at 1~10fps, it has integrated graphics). While trying to play on my dad's computer I would get Error 3007 as I'm trying to log into battle.net. I type in my username/PW, click connect, "Connecting to battle.net" Game crashes with an error 3007 message. I tried port forwarding which didn't work. I tried everything that was mentioned in other posts. Like Merrik said, I had NO problems with any other Battle.net game. I hope it will at least run on my new computer, if it doesn't well this sucks and I just payed $60 for nothing.
Reply Quote
i cant even get logged in and it puts the code 3007 up
Reply Quote
*Repost*

Yay I got it going!

I'v been having error 3007 for days now.

Followed some instructions from this thread.

Port Trigger in router setup
--------------------------------
On my router it is under: Advanced > Virtual Server > Port Triggering
Setup new triggers
Custom application "Diablo III.exe".
TCP/UDP 1119 to 1119 (Trigger and Open)
TCP/UDP 6881 to 6999 (Trigger and Open)
Reset router

Then BOOSH!! I have been playing for over 3 hours now with no error 3007
I even left and made a coffee and came back... Still connected : D

I also have both downloader options turned off in the launcher menu (not sure if this is required)

So yeah, if you say you have tried everything.. make sure you have tried this one !
Reply Quote
General chat no longer seems to be working.. getting worse too.
Reply Quote
My 2 cents.

I, too, am sufferer of Error 3007. It plagues me like a venereal disease. Port forwarding is not the problem. All of that is taken care of. Firewalls in general aren't. I'm a gaming nerd, and I play several other games online as well with no problems averaging around a 60ms-120ms ping. This game likes to slug around 300ms. That's a travesty, Bliz. On top of that, the glorious Error 3007 kicks me out of games every 15 minutes, approximately. It seems to me that your precious game has been rendered retarded in some cases due to your decisions as to how D3 handles networks and connections. Five days after getting the game and I still can't play it. I'm not going to say i won't buy another Blizzard game again, because I will. I'm not quitting D3. I'm just waiting patiently for you to fix it. Just keep in mind that this has certainly tarnished my view of your company, of which I have been a devout fan since WC2.
Reply Quote
I use ZoneAlarm for a firewall and have all Diablo, Blizzard and Battlenet Services with full access in my trusted zone. Should this ensure that the suggest ports by blizzard are open or should I still have to enable those ports on my "disabled" windows firewall?
Reply Quote
Not port forwarding!! (to static IP)

Port Triggering !

It's different... and it made mine work
Reply Quote
I am also using Dynalink rta1025w and getting DC'd.

Can you please post the step-by-step process you did to make the port forwarding work.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
lol, soo funny, when this problem REALLY cant be troubleshoot...
GG Blizz Take your time like always...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]