Diablo® III

[Major Bug] Diablo 3 is programmed to cheat.

(Locked)

90 Pandaren Warrior
Yes that right, it was made to cheat the player so they will never beat it. How do i know this? Simple, i saw it in action. Three different times in three different places the game killed me by blowing up my character. And no it wasn't an attack, each time i was at full health and each time was in a map emptied of enemies, yet each time i died from nothing. So i uninstalled it, i would of taken it back for a refund right now if it was free from the AP. Honestly blizzard, i thought you all were better then to cheat the player.

And if you don't like i brought this to light or think i'm trying to troll this. think again, i enjoyed d3 till it started to randomly insta-kill me out of the blue for no reason.

And yes a game programmed to cheat counts as a bug as no game should ever cheat the player.
No these are abilities put in to stop slow/bad players from reaching the higher gear/difficulties. My advice: get better. :)
85 Tauren Paladin
It's called stats. You didn't have enough of them. You probably died from any number of things. Fireballs, traps, explosions, a stealth enemy (those exist, starting in Act II).

If you went too far ahead with dirt gear/improperly allocated stats, you will die a horrible death to these things.
You should take a screen shot then maybe someone could tell you what killed you.
I've actually noticed this myself... One time an enemy hit me, knocked me up onto a chest, and a few seconds later, I died and it just said "has been slain." It's like my character couldn't get back down to the ground, so it just went and killed me. It did not indicate that I had died to any enemy and my health just went from almost full to nothing. Was at full health, enemy hit me and knocked me back, I was almost full on health, then I mysteriously died.

There were a few other times as well, but a lot of them were extremely weird, particularly the ones where a weak enemy hit me once when I was at full health and I instantly died. The hardest enemies in the area couldn't one hit kill me. One of these stands out more than others... It was the time when one of the weakest enemies in Act 3 killed my Wizard in one hit when he was at full health, right after I turned on Diamond Armor.

I personally have to agree with the OP that these random instant deaths exist.
Edited by Torazo#1738 on 5/17/2012 2:06 PM PDT
90 Pandaren Warrior
clearly you all didn't read the main post. nothing killed me, my character just randomly blows ups, no traps, no enemies, no spells, the character just goes boom.
Pics or it didn't happen
05/17/2012 02:11 PMPosted by Summersnow
clearly you all didn't read the main post. nothing killed me, my character just randomly blows ups, no traps, no enemies, no spells, the character just goes boom.

Then you're missing something, or your system is lagging.
100 Night Elf Druid
Clearly this actually happened and you're not lying/over exaggerating/trolling at all. Good contribution to the forum. It almost hurt me to thumbs it down this was such quality.
If the game was programmed to cheat, then I think at least the HC players would have noticed by now. nice troll attempt.
View profile
05/17/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Nerevarine

Then you're missing something, or your system is lagging.

Yup

05/17/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Fudgesicle
Clearly this actually happened and you're not lying/over exaggerating/trolling at all. Good contribution to the forum. It almost hurt me to thumbs it down this was such quality.

No kidding... Pathetic.
05/17/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Fudgesicle

+10
Actually I saw something like that happening. I was in a group and we had just cleared a room, no enemys in sight and we talk about the loot we just got.

Then the witchdoctor goes "ooooommmmmgggg" or something like that in chat and I was just thinking the item he had liked wasn't THAT good.

A few seconds later i notice that his healthbar is empty. After looking around i saw him lieing close to me on the floor, dead. And I am playing hardcore, mind you.

There were no enemys around, this was normal difficulty, and he was a freaking witchdoctor with all pets and stuff. In all the time we played he never got even close to half hp.

So i do believe that there may be a bug that instantkills you but it didn't happen to me yet.
90 Pandaren Warrior
nice try trolling fudesicle and lunarcorrupt.
and i don't care if you believe it or not cause either of you work for blizzard in any shape or form, the game is not right and it needed to be reported for the major bug it has.
and i don't care if you believe it or not cause either of you work for blizzard in any shape or form, the game is not right and it needed to be reported for the major bug it has.

Well if you're genuinely concerned about the issue, there's a tech support forum, and there are CS tickets you can make.

Of course, they're also going to ask you for details beyond "I was somewhere and then I got blown up."
Can't be much of an issue because this is the first I have heard about it. You must be missing something.
Level 57, haven't been randomly explode gibbed yet. My theory is that they threw this in just to piss you off personally. I don't think they like you.
Just because it hasn't happened to a lot of people doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

There could be a lot of reasons why it happens to some people but not others. Certain methods of playing the game could cause it to happen, therefore making it almost impossible for it to happen to a good majority of the player base.

Why don't you report it then? Go to the bug report forum and provide a screenshot of it happening along with a detailed explanation of what you were doing when it happened.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]