Diablo® III

[Major Bug] Diablo 3 is programmed to cheat.

(Locked)

05/17/2012 01:18 PMPosted by Summersnow
And no it wasn't an attack, each time i was at full health and each time was in a map emptied of enemies, yet each time i died from nothing.

I unironically wish this really happened.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
MAJOR BUG, A DOT OR SOMETHING OFF SCREEN KILLED ME

I HATE BLIZZARD

GIVE ME MY 60 DOLLARS BACK SO I CAN PROMPTLY REFUND IT TO MY GRANDMA
Yes that right, it was made to cheat the player so they will never beat it. How do i know this? Simple, i saw it in action. Three different times in three different places the game killed me by blowing up my character. And no it wasn't an attack, each time i was at full health and each time was in a map emptied of enemies, yet each time i died from nothing. So i uninstalled it, i would of taken it back for a refund right now if it was free from the AP. Honestly blizzard, i thought you all were better then to cheat the player.

And if you don't like i brought this to light or think i'm trying to troll this. think again, i enjoyed d3 till it started to randomly insta-kill me out of the blue for no reason.

And yes a game programmed to cheat counts as a bug as no game should ever cheat the player.

Your post is bad, and you should feel bad.
I honestly don't know why people are Trolling the OP just because it hasn't happened to them or they haven't seen it happen.

And we honestly don't know why you're trying to defend a blatant troll. You seem reasonable enough.

Well... I've actually died like the OP explained, but I cannot believe that Blizzard put it in there on purpose, like the OP suggests.

This has happened to me at least 5 times. I started taking notes about them when I realized that it wasn't just my imagination. Since I started taking notes, I only encountered it three times.

They might all be associated with knock back effects, but that wouldn't explain #1. It could explain #2 and #3 though.

1) I've been knocked back onto a chest, couldn't move, and I went from full health to no health instantly.

2) I was trying to get further away from enemies by running along the edge of a platform, got hit by a knockback effect, I died on the spot.

3) This is the one that made me realize something was wrong. I was following my friend, whom was using a Barbarian, we encountered those burrowing green things... I turned on Diamond Armor to start drilling everything with Disintegration Ray due to the reduced Arcane Cost while Diamond Armor was active, and one of them hit me once, my Diamond Armor shattered and I died instantly. I was at full health, Diamond Armor still had a few seconds left on it, and I was only hit once.

I honestly don't know why I died there. I just kept going wondering why it happened... I never came to a conclusion on what happened. I am only in this thread to get ideas as to why it happened, which is why I am against people Trolling the OP.
Edited by Torazo#1738 on 5/17/2012 3:15 PM PDT
Party on, Wayne, and party on, Garth!
PS: this is an awful conclusion to reach about a video game about magic superdemons and purse-lipped heroines.
Noones fault but your own you cant make it out of normal. lul
05/17/2012 03:06 PMPosted by Anaraus
Well... I've actually died like the OP explained, but I cannot believe that Blizzard put it in there on purpose, like the OP suggests.

If this is true you need to send in a ticket immediately. It might not harm SC players much besides giving a bit of inconvenience, but if it's true people may also lose HC characters, that would not be good.
I'll explain what it is:

Some molten enemies' corpses explode a few seconds after death (3-5), which works much like the fatties who explode and unveil 3 slobbery snakethings. So the random deaths some experience is actually corpses exploding and 1shotting players who don't learn from their mistakes.

Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice, shame on you. Fool me thrice, OP?
This actually happened to me once. I had just ported into town from a checkpoint and I was standing on the portal in town in Act IV. All of the sudden my HP just starts to drop and before I can do anything I'm dead. It was NM mode, but I'm a barb with 20k hp. Nothing can one shot me(at least in NM), especially nothing that would follow me thru a portal. I had the same message in chat, that I had just died, nothing killed me. I didn't think much of it at the time and just kept on playing.
Huh.

Ok, OP no love on your conspiracy theory. Blizz NNEDS you to advance some, not quit playing due to unexplained deaths, so they can farm your wallet. Nope...
I will accept that you and Anaraus experienced this,
Weird things have been happening to me here and there (no spontaneous cumbustions though).

I was in an intense battle that had me hovering near death a couple of times. Twice during the battle my health filled to almost full unexplicably.

I would suggest that packets get corrupted during transfer to/from server now and then. This would explain some position errors that I've experienced. Bug report it.
Edited by Sunhammer#1253 on 5/19/2012 12:58 PM PDT
ive had the insta kill by weak monsters thing but not the insta kill when theres no enemies around, but anythings possible with games that have not long been launched, these days anyway.
85 Undead Warrior
05/17/2012 02:49 PMPosted by Anaraus
I honestly don't know why people are Trolling the OP just because it hasn't happened to them or they haven't seen it happen.

I think it's more of the fact that the OP --instead of creating a ticket, posting on the Support/Bug forums-- posted a rant thread that basically said "This game cheats, so i uninstalled, and now I'm crying about it for good measure!"

There are appropriate steps he could have taken rather than, claiming the game cheats and he uninstalled due to the massive rage that followed.

With no further evidence, or screenshots, locations, latency information, etc... nothing logical can be determined with the very lackluster evidence provided.

Makes it very easy, and rather amusing to troll instead of providing intelligent feedback.
OP, you realize that there are quite a few enemies that release an explosive after death, and then after a few seconds from release it goes off, and those can in fact one shot you. Methinks you are either A)Trolling B)Suck at this game and coming up with an excuse C)Suck at paying attention D)Have horrible lag issues E)Trying to join the crowd in making this game look bad F)Any combination of the above.
Yes that right, it was made to cheat the player so they will never beat it. How do i know this? Simple, i saw it in action. Three different times in three different places the game killed me by blowing up my character. And no it wasn't an attack, each time i was at full health and each time was in a map emptied of enemies, yet each time i died from nothing. So i uninstalled it, i would of taken it back for a refund right now if it was free from the AP. Honestly blizzard, i thought you all were better then to cheat the player.

And if you don't like i brought this to light or think i'm trying to troll this. think again, i enjoyed d3 till it started to randomly insta-kill me out of the blue for no reason.

And yes a game programmed to cheat counts as a bug as no game should ever cheat the player.

Cool. Goodbye. Since you don't play this game anymore there's no need for you to be on these forums. See you in pandas.
stop acting like this is a hack and slash game and look out for trip wires
its not a bug and it's not cheating it's just horrible horrible lag. i know it sucks but it will get better.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]