Diablo® III

About Leah in later expansions.... (spoilers)

Having played Blizzard games before I think it's safe to assume that she'll be coming back.
Reply Quote
If you people actually bothered to properly listen to the npcs and read what they say then you would not jump to such silly conclusions:

Of course the Leah story will be expanded upon - don't forget what Covetous Shen says when you ask him about Leah's soul:

WitchDoc: Diablo consumed her. She is gone.
Shen: Do you not think that Leah's soul is stronger than that ?

Now don't forget that Shen is actually a god in disguise, so if someone knows then it will be him.
Reply Quote
If you people actually bothered to properly listen to the npcs and read what they say then you would not jump to such silly conclusions:

Of course the Leah story will be expanded upon

Stop with your bull!@#$ fanfiction. She is dead, with no indication of ever coming back or getting mentioned.
Her death was a sign of lazy and incompetent writing, if the brig her back with no proper buildup in thsi game it will be even worse.

And kiddo, stop getting personal.
Reply Quote
Wouldn't call it fanfiction, that foreshadowing from the NPCs IS there and it's exactly the kind of plotline that Blizzard would go for.
Reply Quote
21 Human Mage
05/17/2012 01:24 PMPosted by Karakuri
But as the Black Soulstone fell down the heaven, there were no traces of Leah to be found... = /

there is this little thing called a soul. Whether or not you believe they exist in real life, they exist in Diablo. We do not know what hpappened to Leah's soul, and if it can be redeemed, though since it really wasn't her fault I would say yes.

Adria on the other hand will die a slow slow slow slow death while watching her demon lords fall, and will be fated to the worst hell of the afterlife for her monstrous betrayal.
Reply Quote
Everything he said is just wishful speculation based on vague bit of dialogue.
So throwing it out as a fact should have a place.
Everything from the cinematic to the main story line indicates she is dead for good, which might change with the upcoming expansion, but as i said, that will be the sign that blizzard writing team dosnt care anymore.
Reply Quote
Well yes it's speculation, but it's fueled from NPC dialogue.. and let's face it the NPCs in this game tend to foreshadow everything that's about to happen.

So I'm not sure it's wise to just shoot down the notion so definitively.
Reply Quote
72 Orc Warlock
Here is what I hope happens in the expansion:

Adria goes after the black soulstone after it fell from heaven at the end.
We follow her tracks and learn of destruction in heaven again.
We find all the angels dead and then we find Adria there.
We kill Adria in a rage and the soulstone is still missing.
We soon find out Imperius took the stone killed/captured all the angels in it so he would be the supreme ruler of heaven and hell trying to destroy the annoying nephalam.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Well dropping her off so far in the game is really neat in my opinion. In this sort of game I kind of like when a character you more or less invested time into developing dies, it makes it more of a bittersweet tragedy which suits D3 more than happily ever after.
Reply Quote
There are a lot of things missing which will probably be addressed in future expansions (or even patches). Not only Leah's destiny but Covetous Shen's evil jewel (forget its real name) finding Adria and a few other loose ends. Part of me is kind of raging that there's not complete and total closure but I'm also excited to see how the story is fleshed out in the future.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warrior
I don't care if it's cheesy, I want Leah to have some !@#$ing closure.

God damnit it pisses me off. Why couldn't Adria be the host. I knew that %^-*! was playing a dirty hand in all this. I almost thought she was Belial at one point, but after the young prince was managing to appear in random places I put that thought to rest.

I'm just pissed. It's gonna hurt me every time to beat Diablo 3, especially since I did it with the Templar. If I did it with the Scoundrel it would've been less of a hit on me. I don't even want to think what the dialogue is gonna be with the Enchantress.

I knew what to expect, even at the start. It didn't take long at all to figure out Leah was Dark Wander's and Adria's daughter, but I was just hoping it wouldn't come to such a cold conclusion. I hate mushy crap, but it's just wrong what happened to Leah. I'd rather have the mushy cliche, than the "too bad, get over it" cliche.

My masochism is strong... but the will of a Templar is stronger!
Reply Quote
She is the daughter of Diablo. Do you think they let her die and disappear in such a cheap way.
Reply Quote

Of course the Leah story will be expanded upon

Stop with your bull!@#$ fanfiction. She is dead, with no indication of ever coming back or getting mentioned.
Her death was a sign of lazy and incompetent writing, if the brig her back with no proper buildup in thsi game it will be even worse.

And kiddo, stop getting personal.

Speaking of kids, you obviously are one. "Wah, wah, Blizzard ruined my grimdark rpg...they want me to read stuff, but I rather post on the internet to complain".

The story is excellent if you listen to all the small details and npc comments.
Reply Quote
Firstly, for those saying "why can't we save Leah like we saved kerrigan"....have you been paying ANY attention to the development of the REST of Starcraft 2? Heart of the Swarm for instance? It's a bit early in the storyline to assume Kerrigan is "saved"...she was just depowered. Ol' Jim Raynor is still due for some heartbreak.

Secondly, whether or not Leah's soul survived, I think we can all agree her body is toast. Now, if only there was some sort of immortal unkillable mage in the game that knows how to reconstitute a body...and has a penchant for colelcting souls....oh wait. ^_^ (i don't think Zoltun's really dead) And yeah, Adria is still out there.

Just as long as they don't make her or Leah the uber-boss of Whimsyvale.
Reply Quote
60 Tauren Druid
Haven't the entire Leoric's lineage suffered enough already?

Leoric driven mad.... Albrecht killed...

Noble Aidan defeated Diablo but sacrificed himself to contain the evil....

Even in the book of Cain, it is mentioned that Aidan's spirit lingered and resisted Diablo at the final battle in Diablo II. The Heroes in Diablo II wouldn't have won had Aidan not contended with Diablo till the very end.

Aidan fought till the end. Yet we can't save his little girl? The last line of lineage in his family.

Saving Leah would signify redemption, which is the true triumph over Evil.

Leah has a brother called Luke. Diablo 4 confirmed.
Reply Quote
I'd like to see Crystal Arch and Black Abyss destroyed in Diablo 4.

Adria in Burning Hells, summon Leah as a Demon and we fight the both of them at the same time, we kill leah and her soul appears to weaken adria so we kill Adria(a nice goodbye to Leah) and seal Black Abyss. Only to find Imperius was behind all to destroy Sanctuary/Nephalems and on final Act we go kill Imperius/Prime Good before he kills all the lesser Angels. Then tyrael has to destroy Crystal Arch so there won't be any demons and angels reborn anymore. End of the conflict. Only Tyrael remains and it's actually him narrating the whole Diablo saga, traveling the world, posing as wise old man similar to Deckard Cain.
Reply Quote
If we rescue her somehow maybe, with the help of the soulstone and her own power (she is Diablo's daughter), she could control the demonic forces of the hell and after we defeat Imperius, Tyrael could be the new leader of the forces of heaven. With that both could restore the peace between heaven and hell.
Edited by Bfler#2867 on 5/20/2012 9:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
So, the story is poorly written and simplistic, and actually reading what characters say, listening to the story as presented and applying our intelligence and experience to these clues is "wishful thinking"
Nope, it's the writers trying to use the medium to its best advantage, allowing our picture of events to grow organically as we discover more lore, speak to npc's and advance the storyline.

I was actually a little disappointed, I felt the end fight was a little too... soon and not climactic enough.
That said, the story and characters have been satisfying enough, definitely.
Each of the companions has a back story with at least some meat in it (corruption of the templar order, the scoundrels personal history and the enchanters descriptions of her prophet)
Even the crafters get some love; Shen is brilliant, and rescuing him from a barrel made me giggle, for sure.

Would I have wished for more. Yup.
Did it feel a little rushed towards the end. Yup. (this is likely intentional, for pace, but I'd have preferred more teasing)
Does it leave gaping holes. Certainly.
It's called paving the way for expacs, they need to leave enough room for people to have theories.
It's half of the fun of waiting for expansions.
Reply Quote
What I don't like is that they didn't tell us anything at the end. Nothing was really resolved. I had more question at the end of the game then i did at the start, and that by definition is poor story telling. yes I'm sure they will all be answered the in the expansion but i paid for this game not the expansion.

Diablo 2 had an ending it answered all the questions and then presented a new story with the Baal cliff hanger. D2 was a stand alone story at the end the only question we had was Baal. How many questions are left unanswered at the end of D3?

Blizzard left Diablo 3 unfinished just so they could make an expansion on the exact same game and story platform. So is it really an expansion or a continuation? and to clarify their is a difference, an expansion expands on the story so the story doesn't change it just gets bigger. A continuation means the story was never finished.

Now I'll have to buy the expansion just to finish the story that i already paid for. Sorry but that feels like a huge money grab.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]