Diablo® III

How To Use Equipped Weapons

How do you use equipped hand weapons for the Witch Doctor? I equipped bows, swords and ceremonial knives but all my character ever does is shoot its poison darts or snakes. Is there a special command?
Reply Quote
05/17/2012 03:24 PMPosted by battlemage
How do you use equipped hand weapons for the Witch Doctor? I equipped bows, swords and ceremonial knives but all my character ever does is shoot its poison darts or snakes. Is there a special command?

Yes, it is "attack". I don't exactly remember how to equip it...maybe remove the skills? I'm not 100% and can't check now.

Keep in mind that "attack" will just attack for 100% weapon damage as opposed to whatever effects and bonuses the skills give, so you'll be gimping yourself.
Reply Quote
I agree, it seems limiting to be forced to use the same skills over and over when there are so many fun weapons I could be experimenting with.

Maybe they're not as strong as skills, but that's for me to decide.

As of now, I'm carrying around a very cool magic axe that I can equip put not use.

Frustrating.
Edited by wildsky#1361 on 5/17/2012 3:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So you have to remove your skills and lose their bonus? That is so bad compared with the melee classes who pretty much wield everything with skills.

I assume it is just using the default left click on your mouse when you are saying "attack"?
Reply Quote
I agree, it seems limiting to be forced to use the same skills over and over when there are so many fun weapons I could be experimenting with.

Maybe they're not as strong as skills, but that's for me to decide.

As of now, I'm carrying around a very cool magic axe that I can equip put not use.

Frustrating.

That's just it though, your skills use the skill AND your weapons abilities.. They aren't as strong because your weapons only use your weapons abilities.. The only thing using a weapon directly offers is the animation.

If you want to remove them though, just turn on elective mode in the gameplay options.
Reply Quote
So when you use ur skills, it automatically includes the weapon you have, its just without the animation of the weapon equipped?
Reply Quote
05/17/2012 04:01 PMPosted by battlemage
So when you use ur skills, it automatically includes the weapon you have, its just without the animation of the weapon equipped?

Yeah, it may not make much sense for darts to use your two handed axe, but somehow in the world of Diablo that is the case.. In fact all of your equipment affects all of your skills... So if your dogs die to easily put on a shield and add vitality and regeneration.. Go figure.
Reply Quote
LOL, thanks Wuji. I agree.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]