Diablo® III

Sentry - Chain of Torment range too small

So it seems to me the max range of the chain is about 25 yards, as much as i tried to make use of it, as its a very interesting skill, that range was just way too small for common DH gameplay. If I'm to use it I pretty much have to expect taking melee hits and i see this viable only in the more unorthodox builds, maybe melee or DH with Shadow Power (Gloom). I really hope they increase the range to like 35 or 40 yards at least. Anyone else have tried the ability?
Reply Quote
I think turrets are whack to begin with. 20% damage is pretty bad.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
05/18/2012 09:54 AMPosted by Viision

Hmm... Cast once for 20% more damage (+8% if using homing rockets)... I'm not seeing how this is a bad thing. It's a fairly significant DPS increase as long as you keep it in range of mobs.
Reply Quote
I am trying to use the chain, but I agree, it is always breaking when I get a comfortable distance.

I like the turret overall, as it basically just adds to your dps, and can provide that last hit when you are running for your life or using ss.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
05/18/2012 11:31 AMPosted by Alastairz

Hmm... Cast once for 20% more damage (+8% if using homing rockets)... I'm not seeing how this is a bad thing. It's a fairly significant DPS increase as long as you keep it in range of mobs.

It made Belial insanely easy. I just had my Companion (Bat) out, a Sentry, then I just let them pick away at the boss while I avoided his AOE's. I shot him when it was safe..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]