Diablo® III

What happened to Adria? (Spoilers)

So she betrays you end of Act III and you have to go fight Leah who's host to Diablo (Although that plot point seemed to be coming from miles away).

So we kill Diablo. Leah is forever dead in a sort of oh, ok. Sucks to be you moment.

After we beat Diablo what happened to Adria? I don't recall fighting her and my DH swore all kinds of nasty vengeance over her betrayal.

Possible expansion acts?
Edited by Drogmir#1647 on 5/18/2012 11:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
also, the black soulstone fell from Heaven but you didn't get to see it shatter or stuff, so it's mighty possible adria will be searching for it in a comming expansion or something
Reply Quote
It is possible that Leah is not forever lost. In one conversation
between the player and Shen, he mentioned that Leah's soul is
somewhat special and might still be alive. But I guess this will
only come clear in the future expansion. Damn Adria!!
Reply Quote
What about throwing Diablo off heaven and the Black soulstone falling most likely back into Adria hands. Plus you have Imperius threatening you, but he is weak and so much more. so i can see imperius using the Black soulstone to get more powerful to fight you etc.
Reply Quote
Imperious using the black soulstone to command his army to increase his power.....EVIL....And AWESOME. :D
Reply Quote
Don't forget that Tyreal took the Aspect of Wisdoms place...and the books that you read in the game said that Wisdom was in pandamonium realm figuring out what is the meaning behind life and death but that was speculation. So where is the Aspect of Wisdom since Tyreal took his spot? Also, who is now the Aspect of Justice since Tyreal is no longer that title?

So you can add those points to the black soulstone falling but not breaking or shattering. Also adria not being seen since her betrayal....Lot of stuff to consider
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 10:37 AMPosted by Deva
also, the black soulstone fell from Heaven but you didn't get to see it shatter or stuff, so it's mighty possible adria will be searching for it in a comming expansion or something

I bet it fell on the Tristram cathedral. That town has the worst luck.

;)
Reply Quote
06/03/2012 07:34 PMPosted by Tanith

;)

lol
Reply Quote
The soulstone fell back to Earth? (Or Sanctuary or whatever its called) I gave up on the story after about Act 2 when I had already beaten the Butcher (again) and Leoric (again) and heard the scene music from D2A2 (again). I love the game and the series, but I played D1 in place of a good number of homework and study time through high school and found D3 more of a remake than a sequel.

I never liked Adria anyway. In a game with a walking speed as slow as D1, why put your hut that freaking far away? Seriously!

Might have to watch the cut scenes again.
Reply Quote
Why would they just throw diablo's body and black soulstone off the sky... Weren't they all "Take le soulstone to le hellforge and le destroy it"...

Great reason for making expansions...
Reply Quote

;)

awesome
Reply Quote
05/18/2012 11:25 PMPosted by DeViLMaN666
Tyrael said something about her like we might see her again but yeah prolly in expansion perhaps i wanna beat the !@#$ ouf of her for betraying me since 1997 !!!!!!

You and me both. And to think I bought a staff of nova from her!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
That btitch must be having sex with another powerful demon out there and preparing to give birth to another bizzare beautiful children
Reply Quote
It's possible the reason the Black Soulstone was so easily dismissed is because after Diablo's death, there would be no reason to keep it since the soulstone's purpose was to contain and house the Seven Prime Evil's within it. Since Adria used the stone to infuse these spirits within Diablo's daughter, it makes sense to me why they wouldn't need the stone anymore. However one could argue that once Diablo was defeated, the spirits of the prime evil's returned into the soul stone.

Personally, I hope the expansion features Imperius seeking revenge on the Nephalem for defeating Diablo rather than he do it himself. I have a feeling he and Adria are going to make some sort of deal and Imperius will be the next major boss.
Reply Quote
Adria equips a portal gun and GTFO's.
Reply Quote
Kind of disappointed about Adria's betrayal, she helped us fight Diablo in D1, how can she do that to us now?
Anyway, do you guys think the voice of D3 Adria is much younger than D1 Adria?
I personally hope D3 Adria is a fake or possessed by some evil(e.g. 1 of the 5 sins left).

Anyway, let's see whether I get Adria's story right based on what we are told;

After the hero in D1 contained Diablo's soul stone, he lived in Tristram for a brief time. During that time, the hero struggled with Diablo's soul inside his body, eventually Diablo won and took control of his body, he became the dark wanderer.
One night he visited Adria's inn and let Adria knew he was Diablo. Adria succumbed to the terror and mated with him, ended up pregnant.
She left Tristram, then the dark wanderer left Tristram as well. Maybe during that time he met up with Adria and came up with the plan of using black soul stone.
After that, they split up. Dark wanderer went to an inn and met Marius, Adria found some place to deliver.
Evil creatures popped up in Tristram and wreaked havoc, Cain captured, Griswold zombiefied and the rest who stayed in Tristram killed.
D2 hero rescued Cain and killed 5 prime evils.
After Baal's death, Cain went back to Tristan and met Adria, now carrying baby Leah.
Adria may had convinced Cain that she needed to travel the world in order to mark (or capture?) the souls of Andariel, Duriel and Baal, so that she can bind them into soul stones as well. (Don't know whether Cain knew about the black soul stone.)
Adria left Leah into Cain's hands and started gathering Andariel's, Duriel's and Baal's souls as well as drawing Diablo's and Mephisto's souls back and waited for the time the black soul stone surfaces.

There might be something missing or wrong, but this is about what I think Adria has gone through, if anyone disagree or has something more to say, feel free to correct me.
Reply Quote
Maybe the expansion will feature Adria trying to resurrect Tathamet - which her lord Diablo failed to accomplish in D3. She'll probably succeed and the we'll just have to kill Tathamet for the perfect ending to the Diablo franchise...

P.S. Sorry for necroposting.
Reply Quote
Maybe the expansion will feature Adria trying to resurrect Tathamet - which her lord Diablo failed to accomplish in D3. She'll probably succeed and the we'll just have to kill Tathamet for the perfect ending to the Diablo franchise...

I do no beleive that Diablo wants Tathamet to be reborn because it would devour him. The very soul of Diablo is a shard of what it could be.
Unless he realises that the only way to destroy heaven once and for all is to combine all the souls together and lets Tathamet take over.... perhaps.. but it doesnt seem to fit his profile. Unless.... he has become that desperate... then who knows...

But wait! there is more... the Black Soulstone fell from the heaven... with Leah out of the picture as a host for the soulstone.. it might just shatter, remember she had to hold it together for it not to break free... Adria knew that, Tyreal knows it, everyone seems to know it... Yet...

Perhaps thats what Diablo wanted all along.... for Leah to fail... He gave her body a shot, why not? If he could destroy Heaven with it, why not? but it didnt work back to Plan A.... get the Black Soulstone to shatter, releasing all the 7 souls bound within it.

"...And, at the End of Days, Wisdom shall be lost
as Justice falls upon the world of men,
Valor shall turn to Wrath-
and all Hope will be swallowed by Despair.
Death, at last, shall spread its wings over all-
as Fate lies shattered forever."

Now... i dont know about you... but...
1 line happened.

2nd line, obviously happened.

Imperius (ArchAngel of Valor) turned to Wrath when he felt betrayed by Tyreal and the Nephalem (us) for leading Diablo to heaven.
which covers the 3rd line.

4th line, Auriel (ArchAngel of Hope) was "swallowed" (captured) by Rakanoth, Lord of Despair.

and here comes... the doozy....

5th and 6th... Death, at last, shall spread its wings over all- as Fate lies shattered forever.

Now... Diablo... didnt have wings... you know what does....? A dragon.... Tathamet....
And... with two thirds of the prophecy being true....
I sincerely regret to inform Fate... that its not going to go so well for him.... (Or his Scoll of Fate.....)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]