Diablo® III

Hell Difficulty Wizards, please advise.

Why the hell are you in act three than and I keep dying in act one this is so retarded. Although I did just find out how to put different skills on the skill bar maybe that will fix things.

What does your damage sit at with magic blade? Mines at about 6k, could that be why disintegrate works as a single target for me?

Edit last, nm scratch that my logic is erronius since its as a percentage of weapon damage
Edited by Vipic#1593 on 5/19/2012 4:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/19/2012 04:25 AMPosted by Vipic
Why the hell are you in act three than and I keep dying in act one this is so retarded. Although I did just find out how to put different skills on the skill bar maybe that will fix things.

Act 1 : Blizzard (Snowbound) + Hydra of choice will handle everything, + diamond skin will handle everything. You have 3 free skills. I only died twice in act 1 (to the same champion pack) till I decided to skip it.
Reply Quote
Ok im trying blizzard now, I havnt used it yet, its the random bosses that are walking around they kick my !@#. Ive also been awake all night beating nightmare and so I may just be drunk and tired which could be part of it.

I also never use hydras so im trying those along with force armor this will be a completly new build.

EDIT: By the way, this is the greatest game ever, I am so glad im a homeless bum who doees not work or go to school so I can play all the time. I have not eaten or slept properly in days.
Edited by Vipic#1593 on 5/19/2012 4:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Whoever said ray of frost sucks, on a single target, it easily outdamages every other spell. Hits twice as hard as incinerate.
Reply Quote
05/19/2012 04:39 AMPosted by MonkeyMayhem
Whoever said ray of frost sucks, on a single target, it easily outdamages every other spell. Hits twice as hard as incinerate.

Thanks, you're overwhelming comprehension of numbers is astounding.

Ray of frost is a waste of a skill slot. You have to channel it, and it never hits more than 1 target. Ray of frost sucks.
Reply Quote
I only force armor for belial, diablo, and that blinkstriking !@#$%^- in act 4(plus the charging angels). Otherwise, there are either too many adds/multihit abilities, or the boss is slow/easily dodged.

While it can be useful for certain elites with a specific build, generally clearing deaths don't matter too much, checkpoints are generous if there's a particularly vicious pack.

If you build a very specialized 0 vit, lifeleech + life regen glass cannon Force Armor, you can have great success vs a lot of things, but you are basically totally locked into your build, and anything with fast + rapid hits will eat you alive.
Reply Quote
the problem with any of the rays is that they actual channeling damage does not crit. so if you're basing your build around critcal chance, arcane orb is 100% the way to go. nothing feels better than critting 120k with dynamo.

not to mention it's almost impossible to kite with the rays. so you'd have so huge trouble solo in act 4 hell.
Edited by sequeL#1809 on 5/19/2012 4:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ok im trying blizzard now, I havnt used it yet, its the random bosses that are walking around they kick my !@#. Ive also been awake all night beating nightmare and so I may just be drunk and tired which could be part of it.

I also never use hydras so im trying those along with force armor this will be a completly new build.

EDIT: By the way, this is the greatest game ever, I am so glad im a homeless bum who doees not work or go to school so I can play all the time. I have not eaten or slept properly in days.

per my experience with blizzard, EVERYTHING can be kited in act 1, (although, it may take a long long time). heheh.
Reply Quote
This game has been out for only a few daysso I have to ask, when you guys post this stuff, is it actual certified tested yes ived killed diablo on hell with this build and it works or is this just all theory you came up with before the game came out crunching the numbers. Specifically im referring to monkeys build, have you actually tried that or are you just guessing based on theory? I mean common its been three days and youve already tried a no vit build with vit low enough to cause everything to hit you for over 35%? Does it work?

Edit: I realize there is no kill all solution but I just want to know how much of this has actually been done?

Edit #2: I really like Blizzard now (Not the Company the spell) its good for those little spiders

Edit #3: Im using templar merc would you all recomend the other two I have not tried them yet?

Edit #4: What do you all think about items with fear and other things on them I have about a 2% chance to fear right now and its really handy when it kicks in. If you could get it up that could be great in a build I think?
Edited by Vipic#1593 on 5/19/2012 4:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
Staying Alive:

Energy armor with the force armor rune = your best friend. Forget about vitality and resists, just use that.

Exactly that, i see sooo many people telling them to get as much vitality as possible, News Flash We're not the Diablo 2 Sorc here.
Reply Quote
Staying Alive:

Energy armor with the force armor rune = your best friend. Forget about vitality and resists, just use that.

Exactly that, i see sooo many people telling them to get as much vitality as possible, News Flash We're not the Diablo 2 Sorc here.

Problem with 0 vit is that even though it's reduced to 35% (since) not everything hits for 35%, you are more likely to die.
Reply Quote
05/19/2012 04:39 AMPosted by MonkeyMayhem

Arcane Orb would like to have a word with you.

Channeling spells in hell SUCK.
Reply Quote
Hi,

Level 60 wizard here soloed all the way in 3 days.

This is the build I used http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bcQXOR!aXf!bYYaba

First of all I suggest you get better weapon and gear. I had 5-6K dps in hell

Go for int+vit obviously lol

Wat i do is I open with Hydra and and spam orb while my Templar tanks. If the mobs come to you then teleport away and let the mirror images take the dmg while moving around and hitting with orb (or shock pulse). Once they die use diamond skin, tank it and spam Orb. In the last 1-2 seconds run away. Just cycle through teleport and diamond skin. What i did was finding narrow places to fight which made it easier but does depend on what champions/rare you are killing.

You can replace hydra for mirror image but i found hydra do alot of dps while you are kiting. mirror image does give you extra survivability but you are obviously going to die so might aswell do most dps while you revive otherwise they will regain health and basicaly be at full.
BTW if you are going to use mirror image cycle through teleport diamond skin then you will basically be invinsible. Just make sure you don't use mirror image when you are surrounded.
Also teleport and mirror image is a good way to escape the red trap thing

I don't recommend frost nova as they stay frozen for a very short time.

Wave of force can be good but i'd prefer hydra or mirror image. hydra for dps or mirror image gives you more time to run than wave of force.

I don't like Disintegrate as u can't kite and attack at the same time. orb is better and u use less arcane power.

I find energy armor very good and with Galvanizing Ward passive it gives you the extra life regen. If there are no health globes you can basically run away and get regenerate your life pretty fast. Energy armor increased my armor to like 3K and had 53% dmg reduction.

Don't get physical resistance coz you are gonna get hit hard anyway.

Hmmmm wat else. Oh try to down the mob wif lowest hp. They come in packs and its difficult to kill them if they are all alive. So everytime you die just go for the one wif lowest hp. When theres like 2 left its easy. Since orb can't penetrate use shock pulse to attack if they are immune and have their shield up and attack the rare mob.
Reply Quote
@Kimboy Ok thank god you tell me to go for vit cause I have alot of vit and here everyone is telling me not to get vit because I want to have force armor. Im at 6k damage now but im still having troubles when the server is back up could you come give me a lesson or show me the ropes of hell?

Edit: Im in act 1 so it will be easy to do, just help with how to kite and stuff maybe I have a lagged computer but it shouldn't be a problem

Edit 2: Im at 6k damage with the force blade

Edit 3: Maybe not kimboy as he might not look at this again but anyone who wouldnt mind giving me a hand showing me the ropes of how to play a wizard in hell just send me a message in game.
Edited by Vipic#1593 on 5/19/2012 5:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Just about to start dabbling in Act II Hell and thus far I've run a cold blood build with a lot of focus on snare and CC, but it's really not working anymore.

Nightmare yes, Hell is more about just wtfpwn dps fast before you get triple attributed to death.

MM, Arcane Blast, Energy Armour, Magic Weapon. Last slot for Blizz.
You'll be glad to know the only painful parts of act 2 involve zoltan kuule (ancient waterways / etc) that entire arc.
Reply Quote
@Vipic I would love to show you but I can't get into D3 at the moment coz i get the bloody error 3007 for some reason :( Been playing fine until lvl 60 and then BAM get kicked and can't get in lol.

To be honest I don't c the difference when i used force armor. It seems good and sounds good but you are gonna get hit really bad anyway so might aswell use something else.

In hell I think its mostly about kiting and finding a spot where you can do most of your dmg. Either in packs or singluarly you need to find a point in the map where you can do lots of dmg. Of course you can just go backwards and kite but as you get close to the checkpoint it could get bad (or good, but that depends lol).
Reply Quote
I used http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#aiXmjO!UXY!ZbZaab for most of Hell. When I hit 55 I swapped out Glass Cannon for Arcane Dynamo, and then when I hit 59 I swapped out Volatility for Intensify on Disintegrate. It should also be noted that I don't solo. I play with an RL Monk friend of mine and his job is basically to keep me alive and out of harm's way to shoot giant lasers at dudes. I'll be putting in Improved Archon rune when I hit 60 (the builder has the value on the rune at 25%, it says 100% in game, not sure which is right) to see how that goes. So far there's only been two combinations of things that give us problems:

Champ packs with Molten/Fast or Fire Chains/Fast
Invulnerable Minions in really bad terrain. Once we found bottle necks (or open areas depending on mob type) they got easier.

A couple of pointers for this build in particular:
As soon as you get your 5 stacked Flashes of Insight, tap Diamond Skin (runed for Prism, reduces AP cost of Disintegrate to 18/cycle from 25/cycle) and blast some dudes. This works for the whole channel, which should give you a decent idea of why I chose the 'worst rune' for Energy Armor. Alternatively, if you are fast enough, you can Archon and hit your Disintegration Beam on Archon and get the Flash of Insight benefit on that. With my pretty modest gear set I've got the Archon beam hitting for about 26-40k about 3 times a second. Of special note, the Archon beam goes through Waller walls and is very good for dealing with Shielded and Invulnerable Minion packs.
Getting in close-ish to guys with the Split on Magic Missile is really quite decent dps. Generally speaking, throwing out enough of those to weaken the front end of the pack and then finish that part up and getting into the back with Disintegrate was enough for me to take on some packs solo when we split up.

Certain modifier combinations are still absolute no-gos on some mob types. If you ever encounter Fire Chains or Molten on Soul Rippers, do not be ashamed of dying once and remaking the game. Fiddle around a bit in Nightmare act II to get used to the exact mechanics of Freezing, Arcane Enchanted and Mortar and you'll have a lot easier of a time in Hell.
Reply Quote
So i am a newly entered wizard currently in the drowned temple i run around with 4k damage and about 13k hp

my current build is http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#cRXYSO!bXf!abYZZb

and the only packs that leave me dead are packs where is one mob with invulnerable minions it does require some kiting around until you see an opening and run in start nuking the vulnerable one and then freeze when they get close.

This build however allows me to burst through many scenarios while if they have shield then i have ice nova just as the shield is about to pop up and after that diamond skin with extended duration while i of course keep my distance as much as possible. So far only one death and that was because it was the first invulnerable pack i encountered.

NOTE: this build has no signature spell, it relies on heavy burst, kiting and sitting idle by while you recharge arcane power, it is rather ineffective against bosses with millions of hp which doesn't much, though that is only a time sink and not a death.

Level 52 btw and i think the wizard is the skill requiring class in diablo 3 and it is drastic from some places to others.

EDIT: Also vampiric monsters are difficult if they are fast moving (spiders and jumpers and phasewarpers comes to mind)
Edited by Kementara#2813 on 5/19/2012 6:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
great tips after learning up and trying stuff out i have a 38 wiz now spec'd

left click : electrocute (it really is the best spell in the game for hitting barrels, logs, etc. but i also have prodigy passive so it helps me gain AP)

right click : arcane orb...great great great aoe dmg and no cooldown

1 : diamond skin
2 : energy armor
3 : disintigrate
4 : magic weapon

also glass cannon and astral presence as passives!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]