Diablo® III

How to use vision quest, with video.

85 Orc Shaman
I've seen a lot of people talking about vision quest and posting builds that use poison dart + dire bats and 4 cooldowns as part of a vision quest build. Personally, I think they are going about it all wrong. The ideal way to run vision quest is to stick to one attack. You want something that hits hard and is viable for single targets and AOE. Having 5 cooldowns makes it easier to keep vision quest up, gives you more cc/utility, and makes it more likely that you'll have a CC/escape/heal when you actually need it. With only 4 CD's you have a lot less flexibility in how you use your CD's. You're forced to hit them on cooldown, which is both boring and less effective.

The Build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#fjkdUT!UZV!YbbZZZ

A lot of people stick with dire bats, but i go with explosive beast. It's more precise, and although it has less range than DB it's explosion is better when you get surrounded. Mass Confuse could be swapped for Zombie Dogs if you prefer more pets rather than the confuse.

Video Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbj_l3vQq8I
Edited by Zoltar#1735 on 5/19/2012 1:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't agree with only having 1 attack skill, I found that even with Vision Quest you can still combine 2 attacks. The best example is Haunt because it goes well with any other attack skill.

I ve just updated my dracula build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#ecUdQT!ZVU!ZZZZbZ
Edited by Munin#1320 on 5/19/2012 5:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
I'm not a fan of Mass Confusion and Creepers, but I definitely like the idea behind this build. Hex + Horrify have made both solo play and group play go much smoother for me. Hedge Magic gives you incentive to cast Hex on CD (some of the other runes are great, too), while Horrify prevents groups of elites from littering the room with bad stuff. I've messed with Toad of Hugeness, too, but I too many mobs immune to its CC.

Keeping Spirit Walk available for the escape or Soul Harvest available for either the Int boost or the heal are extremely helpful for survival. With Honored Guest, you really don't have to keep Spirit Walk ON CD for most play, but with 5 CD options you have much more room to choose which spells you need to spam and which you need to save.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I'm not a fan of Mass Confusion and Creepers, but I definitely like the idea behind this build. Hex + Horrify have made both solo play and group play go much smoother for me. Hedge Magic gives you incentive to cast Hex on CD (some of the other runes are great, too), while Horrify prevents groups of elites from littering the room with bad stuff. I've messed with Toad of Hugeness, too, but I too many mobs immune to its CC.

Keeping Spirit Walk available for the escape or Soul Harvest available for either the Int boost or the heal are extremely helpful for survival. With Honored Guest, you really don't have to keep Spirit Walk ON CD for most play, but with 5 CD options you have much more room to choose which spells you need to spam and which you need to save.

Yea, playign around in hell a bit, I think I will be ditching mass confusion for horrify and taking the snare on zombie wall.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Yea, horrify is definitely proving to be superior in Hell. Could substitute Hex with heal for boss fights.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]