Diablo® III

hows my gear and build looking?

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
on my lvl 20 DH with about 91 dex and 110 vit with 85ish dps.

current build is changing alot but atm its something like:

Entangling shot-chain gang
Rapid fire-web shot
Evasive fire
Vault-action shot
Caltrops-torturous ground
twin chakrams.

i feel like i have too many offensive abilities and could drop evasive fire, but i love its damage and entangling shot lacks in damage. as you can see im trying to slow enemies as much as possible, usually open with an entangling shot, put down a caltrop and rapid fire or chakram away. mabye i could use another rune for rapid fire since i already have entangling shot and caltrops for slows.

hows my gear and stats going? i havent uses SS much because i find i can do just fine without it since in still on early normal mode.

any suggestions to help me out and make me play better?
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
level ur dh to 60 then think ur build and gear
Reply Quote
You won't need SS until much, much later. I didn't touch it until something like NM Act 4, where my gear just wasn't good enough to survive more than 2-3 hits.

I'm not a fan of Entangling Shot, Rapid Fire, or Evasive Fire, but you should use what works for you, as our playstyles are likely very different. I found that I could kite sufficiently with Vault + Caltrops, and devote the rest of my bar to killing power, used (and still use) Hungering Arrow for a hatred generator, and I liked the ministun of Impale with the Impact rune.

This doesn't mean you should change anything if you're succeeding. However, if you want to fit more damage, I would experiment with replacing Entangling Shot or Evasive Fire with Hungering Arrow. This doesn't mean you have to keep it - again, experiment with your skills. I've yet to find a "one size kills all" build that works from Normal through Hell on every boss.
Reply Quote
switch out entangling shot to piercing arrow with caltrops and vault you shouldnt have a problem normal and nightmare
Reply Quote
Im level 14 and I have 160dps...
My barb which is lvl 21 has 480dps...

Learn to gear properly.
Reply Quote
m level 14 and I have 160dps...

Learn to gear properly.

i got a few upgrades and im now at 130 dps, i havent bought any gear, just grabbing what i find and im getting as much dexterity as possible.

any advice would be appreciated
Reply Quote
Im level 14 and I have 160dps...

Learn to gear properly.

Man if you're worrying about buying stuff off the auction house or doing anything other than just throwing on gear that seems right before you're out of Normal, much less Act I of Normal, I truly believe you're wasting your time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]