Diablo® III

thoughts on impale?

85 Troll Rogue
the impact impale is a very reliable stun.

the bleed one is really good dps too.

250% weapon damage and it's quick, dense and doens't leave you immobile DPS that you can throw out on the fly in between run micros for single target dps.

that way you don't have to stand still and use withering fire(?)

mobility is key, imo. it's like playing space invaders.
Reply Quote
stack crit chance and get the +crit one.

Use it with a 2h crossbow and archery passive.

You're welcome.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I'm using Jonny's setup for the most part.

1-SmokeScreen
2-Prep
3-I use rain of vengeace[beast] for knockback
4-Familiar[bat]

L-Evasive Fire[Covering Fire]
R-Impale[Overpen]

Sharpshooter
Vengeance
Archery

2-hand weapon with +crit damage, +crit damage gem

I would never use this build below Hell mode but it serves me well in Inferno. You can change stuff around on there as far as runes go but I feel the Overpen on Impale far outweighs the benefits of +100% crit damage rune. While yes it does a solid 15-30k more damage per hit, I only hit one target and I'd rather see 4 75k crits or 4 25k hits than HOPE I crit for 100k.

Some people go Hungering Arrow[Spray of Teeth] and Impale[GW] but I find it slightly weak on elite packs.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
would either of you two explain how dual wielding is different than 2h.

i have theories, but i'd actually like to know the real difference.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Couple different ways but take it like this. The "target dummy" dps of 1-H is better than 2-H but the burst DPS of a 2-H is way higher (take a look at archery and sharpshooter). In higher difficulties your damage is generally limited by the amount of time you can spend shooting a target. In single player this is reduced even further to the point where you're pretty much only dps'ing while smokescreen is up. So it becomes about burst+hide+kite; rinse and repeat.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]