Diablo® III

AFK in HardCore

90 Blood Elf Mage
Most people afk in town, and most people doesn't know that in Diablo 3 the monsters actually can follow you into town and attack afk characters.

Maybe in normal mode it would be something nice to laugh able it,

but in hardcore watch your screen turn red after you just come back it is really a tear drop moment and rage kicking your screen!

PLEASE DON'T AFK IN TOWN, learn my lesson.
Reply Quote
Holy... $%*
Reply Quote
1) I didn't know this was possible.

2) Where and how did you manage this? I think A1 is the only area where it *might* be possible if you kite mobs back to town, since I don't think monsters can pass through loading screens; can they? o_O
Edited by Pzypro#1837 on 5/20/2012 9:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
In act 1 they can, act 2 they can in the "main" city but not the hidden camp, act 3 they cant but there will be monsters spawning inside the city once during a mission so.

You are never really safe :D only in hidden camp.
Reply Quote
In act 1 they can, act 2 they can in the "main" city but not the hidden camp, act 3 they cant but there will be monsters spawning inside the city once during a mission so.

You are never really safe :D only in hidden camp.

Yeah but monsters won't randomly spawn if you just afk. I think so at least. You'll have to either kite them there or go afk after they already spawned and noticed you.
Reply Quote
Go inside one of the houses!
Edited by Preyar#1757 on 5/20/2012 10:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Act 3 you have the beginning quest where you defend the wallsa nd they are on the first floor outside of the bastion. So technicy u can drag them in on infernal
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 10:15 AMPosted by Preyar
Go inside one of the houses!
Reply Quote
Yeah sad story. But have you ever thought about how town afkers make everything more difficult for everybody? Yesterday I was doing Act2 nm with a group of 4 with one guy beeing afk in town for quite a while. We still kept playing and at some point the dh in our group got killed by a vortex boss. After finishing the boss I left the game. I didn't want myself to die because some selfish bastard was tabbed out surfing on fb instead of helping the group. Such behavior makes me mad cuz it makes things far more difficult for everyone and blocks 1 party spot for someone who actaully wants to play. So please if you go afk for more than just a moment then don't be a seflsh #!#% and just leave the game.
Reply Quote
Benni

Yeah sad story. But have you ever thought about how town afkers make everything more difficult for everybody? Yesterday I was doing Act2 nm with a group of 4 with one guy beeing afk in town for quite a while. We still kept playing and at some point the dh in our group got killed by a vortex boss. After finishing the boss I left the game. I didn't want myself to die because some selfish bastard was tabbed out surfing on fb instead of helping the group. Such behavior makes me mad cuz it makes things far more difficult for everyone and blocks 1 party spot for someone who actaully wants to play. So please if you go afk for more than just a moment then don't be a seflsh #!#% and just leave the game.

Isn't there a vote to kick option?
Reply Quote
Slight Spoilers:

In Act 3, after you finish defending the walls of the keep and have to go to the lower halls, 3 demon grunts spawn in the city, and a tenacious griefer could probably kite them to an AFK player and kill them.

In Act 1, you're fair game at all times in town.

In Act 2, you're totally safe in the Hidden Camp part of town, but can be killed in the main part of town.

In Act 4, you're totally safe in town.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]