Diablo® III

Allow Incoming Firewall Connection

I've already accepted the firewall connection for D3, yet during gameplay at times the dialogue box will still pop up in the background. I just realized that after playing the game and running totally fine, when this box appears, my game begins to run at half speed. Even after accepting the box it does nothing for improving the framerate.

Is there any way to make sure it stays connected to allowing the connection, thus not affecting my gameplay?
Edited by AEcitykiller#1818 on 5/20/2012 12:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The message says:

Do you want the application "Diablo III.app" to accept incoming network connections?

Clicking Deny may limit the application's behavior. This setting can be changed in the firewall pane of Security preferences.
Reply Quote
Bump.
Reply Quote
Bumping this again in hopes that someone is having the same issues. It's really troubling, the game is unplayable.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Thanks for the report. I'll have this investigated.

For the moment, can you try removing Diablo III from your firewall settings and then manually add Diablo III back?

This is small step for me, but big step for humanity. Or something like that...
Reply Quote
I already have, it did nothing. I've also reinstalled the game 3 times, still nothing. Thanks for responding!
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Thanks for the follow-up.

One other thing. Can you create a new admin user and see if the same issue persists?

Reply Quote
Do you have a how to link for that? I can search around if not.

Edit: Nvm, found it, trying it out now.
Edited by AEcitykiller#1818 on 5/20/2012 3:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Nope, creating a new admin user did nothing for it, the box still popped up.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Thanks. This may be an issue where the code did not sign properly. Can you type this in terminal? Let me know what it says. This only works if Diablo III is installed in /Applications.

codesign -vv /Applications/Diablo\ III/Diablo\ III.app

Reply Quote
It responds with the following:

/Applications/Diablo III/Diablo III.app: valid on disk
/Applications/Diablo III/Diablo III.app: does not satisfy its designated Requirement
Reply Quote
Bump.
Reply Quote
I have the exact same problem, and tried all the above. Here is hoping the issue is resolved ASAP.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Happening to me also.
Reply Quote
Happening to me also.
Terminal gives me exactly the same response as AEcitykiller gets:
/Applications/Diablo III/Diablo III.app: does not satisfy its designated Requirement
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
This means that the code did not sign correctly. This may be due to an improper install. It should state the following.

/Applications/Diablo III/Diablo III.app: satisfies its Designated Requirement

You may need to uninstall and reinstall to see if this resolves the issue.
Reply Quote
Uninstall and reinstall is of course 'hard' when its the digital edition/starter edition we're talking about.
Is there any other way to sign the software correctly via the terminal or a .plst editing?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I blogged about this sometime last year with another offending app. There is a way to self-sign the software, which will get you past this issue. But this isn't recommended because you are telling your system to trust an app that isn't exactly as Blizzard expects. It is best to uninstall and reinstall.

In case it is of any interest, here's a link:

http://silvanolte.com/blog/2011/01/18/do-you-want-the-application-to-accept-incoming-network-connections/
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Reinstalling did not fix the problem.

Edited by piemaster#1417 on 6/6/2012 4:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
That is so strange.

What process did you use to reinstall?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]