In order to investigate and resolve this error 3007 then crash that Mac users have been experiencing, we'll need to collect some information.
**Possible Workarounds: Try some of the solutions mentioned here, as some users have reported these are successful.**
Can y'all answer/provide the following information:
1. What day did this error 3007/crash first start?
2. Where are you connecting from? (home, school, work, college, military, etc)
3. Who is your Internet Service Provider (ISP)?
4. What city/state are you located in?
5. What type of connection are you on? (Cable, DSL, satellite, cellular, etc)
6. How are you connected to the internet? (wifi, ethernet to modem, ethernet to router, etc)
7. Do you have any security applications or programs?
Next, run a trace:
1. Open Terminal (/Applications/Utilities).
2. Type in the following:
traceroute us.actual.battle.net > ~/Desktop/tracert.txt3. Open the file and copy/paste your results.
Then paste your D3Debug.txt file on pastebin.com
**Note: Make sure you remove your Battle.net email address from the debug file. This may appear several times in the log. **
Finally, paste your system information.
Obtaining System Information
1. Hold the 'Option' Key and choose System Profiler/Information from the Apple Menu.
2. Copy the information from the following sections:
- Hardware (remove the Serial Number line)
- Software (remove the Computer Name and User Name lines)
Make sure you have tried some of the troubleshooting steps from our Diablo III Connection Troubleshooting article.