[Mac] Error 3007 Information Gathering

Same here !!!
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Priest
Did you try adding the google public DNS server 8.8.4.4
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 06:04 PMPosted by Tooties
Did you try adding the google public DNS server 8.8.4.4

I can confirm that this DOES work. I added it, was able to log in, then logged out and removed it. I tried to log in again and got the crash.

What are the implications of using this DNS?
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Priest
Im not sure. Here is the google link to it. https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/
Reply Quote
Ha. Improve security? I'm not an IT guy, but I have a hard time trusting google when it comes to security :)

Great find btw! Maybe this info will help Blizz determine what the problem is?
Edited by Darobick#1426 on 5/20/2012 6:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Changing my DNS server did not work. Still hangs at 'Authenticating Credentials' with error 3007.

Also..what are the chances of multiple different DNS servers from multiple ISPs all going bad at the same time?
Edited by Blaze#2774 on 5/20/2012 6:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Guys. I think I found and interim solution. Seems like my default DNS server isnt working. So I went to Network, Advanced, DNS, and added the google Public DNS server 8.8.4.4 to the list. And it worked!!!

I personally don't like to be using google's public DNS because it gets buggy at times. But it works for now.

See if this works for you.

this totally worked for me.

HEY GUYS THIS WORKED!!!!!!
Reply Quote
Guys. I think I found and interim solution. Seems like my default DNS server isnt working. So I went to Network, Advanced, DNS, and added the google Public DNS server 8.8.4.4 to the list. And it worked!!!

I personally don't like to be using google's public DNS because it gets buggy at times. But it works for now.

I can confirm this works as well. Actually, it works freaking great. Before this dumb bug, it took like 20-30 seconds just to log in. It took forever to authorize. Now...after I added the google public DNS server 8.8.4.4 to this list, it works freaking fast. I log in instantly almost.

GREAT temp fix. I say temp, because this is something not everyone may understand how to do, and its something that shouldn't have to be done. >.<

THANKS though, GREAT fix!!
Reply Quote

worked for me :)
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Thanks guys for the feedback. This does look like something to do with Macs on DSL, as all reports were DSL, with one exception of satellite. We're looking into the matter, as it does seem weird that switching DNS servers can help with this. I actually just finished compiling this data into a nice little spreadsheet to send to our team for follow-up. I will try to post back when I hear more, but we will work with the appropriate parties.

This is small step for me, but big step for humanity. Or something like that...
Reply Quote
Machkhan,
I play with a cable modem and get "removed from the game" error consistanly at 2 minutes of game play. It not olny DLS connections.

Thanks for all your hard work I know you have been working with almost no sleep for about three days. I have faith you and the MAC team will figure this problem out.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
1. What day did this error 3007/crash first start?
2 Days ago
2. Where are you connecting from? (home, school, work, college, military, etc)
Home
3. Who is your Internet Service Provider (ISP)?
Rogers cable internet
4. What city/state are you located in?
Toronto ontario canada
5. What type of connection are you on? (Cable, DSL, satellite, cellular, etc)
Cable
6. How are you connected to the internet? (wifi, ethernet to modem, ethernet to router, etc)
Str to the rogers modem with eth cable
7. Do you have any security applications or programs?
Nope

Additional info:
I have reformatted the mac new updates
New diablo download and install everything

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac11,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 12 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s
Boot ROM Version: IM111.0034.B02
SMC Version (system): 1.54f36
Serial Number (system):
Hardware UUID:

System Software Overview:

System Version: Mac OS X 10.7.4 (11E53)
Kernel Version: Darwin 11.4.0
Boot Volume: Untitled
Boot Mode: Normal
Computer Name:
User Name:
Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
64-bit Kernel and Extensions: Yes
Time since boot: 9 minutes

ATI Radeon HD 4850:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 4850
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x944a
Revision ID: 0x0000
ROM Revision: 113-B9110C-425
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.383
Displays:
iMac:
Resolution: 2560 x 1440
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Connection Type: DisplayPort
SMB2030:
Resolution: 1600 x 900 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Display Serial Number: HVMBB01948
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
Television: Yes
Edited by Temp#1361 on 5/20/2012 9:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Machkhan,
I play with a cable modem and get "removed from the game" error consistanly at 2 minutes of game play. It not olny DLS connections.

Thanks for all your hard work I know you have been working with almost no sleep for about three days. I have faith you and the MAC team will figure this problem out.

This sounds like a different issue, as these reports are for users who cannot get into the game at all (when attempting to login they get this error).

If this is happening during gameplay, then creating a new thread will get you the best assistance.
Edited by Machkhan on 5/20/2012 7:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 06:28 PMPosted by Machkhan
Thanks guys for the feedback. This does look like something to do with Macs on DSL, as all reports were DSL, with one exception of satellite. We're looking into the matter, as it does seem weird that switching DNS servers can help with this. I actually just finished compiling this data into a nice little spreadsheet to send to our team for follow-up. I will try to post back when I hear more, but we will work with the appropriate parties.

TY Sir!
Reply Quote
Changed my DNS as well and it worked. I was able to log in way faster than before too.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Cool. Yes, our teams are investigating this issue, and soon, you should not need to switch your DNS to log into the game. Thanks for that temp workaround :) I'll post back updates when I can.
Edited by Machkhan on 5/20/2012 7:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Machkhan is on top of this !@#$! Thanks for the quick responses and all of your hard work.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
yea i've been experiencing this same problem logging in error 3007 using a mac with DSL connection, i changed the DNS to 8.8.4.4 in network advanced settings as mentioned above and connected!
Reply Quote
could someone explain the fix in a little bit more detail to see if it will fix mine also. The one with the Dns server change please. having trouble finding it Ty.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

IT WORKS YAY!!
It is also way faster connection. Before it would take 20-30 seconds before connecting, now it's like 2-3 seconds :)
Thank you very much man for the heads up!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]