Diablo® III

[Mac] Error 3007 Information Gathering

Do you haft do set this up on the router or just on your computer. please someone help if you can.
Reply Quote
Collins,

This is done on your computer. To change your DNS server, first Open up your system Preferences (you can get here by clicking on the Apple in the upper left hand corner of your screen). Once there, choose 'Network'. Once you're inside of Network, Click on 'Advanced' in the bottom right-hand corner of the window.

Next, click on the tab labelled 'DNS' towards the top of the window that drops down. In the white area labeled DNS servers, you should see some numbers greyed out. To add a new DNS server, click on the '+' at the bottom of the white area. Then, type in the numbers for google DNS: 8.8.4.4 (or) 8.8.8.8

Next, click 'Ok' and then click on 'Apply' then close out your window and you should be good to go. I don't believe that you need to restart your computer.

This fix didn't work for me unfortunately, but I hope that it works for you!

Also, once they eventually fix the issue, to change it back all you need to do is go back to the DNS settings through the steps above, but instead of adding a new DNS server, highlight the current one that shows in black and click on the minus sign ' - 'at the bottom of the window. Then Click Ok. Then Click apply. This should set you back to your ISP's original DNS server settings.
Edited by Blaze#2774 on 5/20/2012 7:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thank you im going to try it now appreciate it.
Reply Quote
I hope im wrong but is this for mac only.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I have added the DNS 8.8.4.4 and it now works....

To do this go to system preference, then network, then advanced, then DNS tab.
Write down the current DNS.
Add the DNS 8.8.4.4 If the old DNS gets erase, add it back.

It now connects a lot faster too
Reply Quote
Collins, this is the way to do it on a Mac. There is a way to do it I'm Windows but I don't know how off hand. I'm sure you could google it for windows.
Reply Quote
Alright thanks one step closer i will figure it out appreciate the help.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Update

After changing the DNS i got about a hour of game play now same problem 3007
Reply Quote
Suggested solutions have done nothing for me
Reply Quote
I have added the DNS 8.8.4.4 and it now works....

To do this go to system preference, then network, then advanced, then DNS tab.
Write down the current DNS.
Add the DNS 8.8.4.4 If the old DNS gets erase, add it back.

It now connects a lot faster too

Worked for me. Much faster than before as well.

What do I do if I didn't write down the old DNS?
Reply Quote
OMG it worked but I logged in, my friends list is empty, my characters are ALL GONE :(
Reply Quote
Well i added it but no luck still error 3007.
Reply Quote
DNS change worked for me as well
Reply Quote
did anyone else lose their in game data? :(
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
05/20/2012 05:15 PMPosted by Blaze
It might be worth noting that a lot of PC users seem to be having the issue as well. So this doesn't seem like an issue that's isolated to just Mac computers. I don't know if they've collected any information in the other forums that might be helpful, but may be worth a look?

From my research last night the PC guys were having issues staying connected. Seems 3007 means its timing out communicating to the servers. Their connection to it was just mysteriously disappearing. It was either the login server or game server they were losing to connection to.

Same error just slightly different set of circumstances. The differences are enough so that the diagnostics steps are different.

05/20/2012 05:59 PMPosted by TheAudioMan
What's worse is that I can actually understand having technical issues, but keeping people in the dark about what's going on is not acceptable.

That's partially my fault. I knew the zombie sheep didn't work 2 days of the week I just forget about it. TBH I could of gotten the ball rolling on this a lot sooner :( Sorry about that :(
Edited by bluspacecow#1174 on 5/20/2012 9:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
*shakes fist at iPod* swallowed my post !
Edited by bluspacecow#1174 on 5/20/2012 9:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Tried all the suggested solutions, still getting booted after 3-5 mins of gameplay...
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
Ha. Improve security? I'm not an IT guy, but I have a hard time trusting google when it comes to security :)

Great find btw! Maybe this info will help Blizz determine what the problem is?

I tried to post something about this while lying in bed but my iPod decided to freak out and post a partially completed post and not let me edit it.

The reason why I suspect this works is it helps give your traffic a different route to the login servers. DNS servers do have some hand in deciding the route your traffic to somewhere else.

Changing to Google's DNS changes it to what's effectively a free public DNS server that's able to leverage the power of a larger , faster , globally distributed network dedicated to DNS resolution. Your ISP DNS may not offer all the services that GoogleDNS can. Open DNS should work as well

05/20/2012 06:07 PMPosted by Darobick
What are the implications of using this DNS?

Well it's just IP address/domain name/route resolution here. They don't install any software and don't really do any detailed tracking that you might be concerned about.

Slightly faster internet as resolves are going quicker. Improved security as things like malware that connect to particular IP addresses can't as the IP/Domain is mapped to null. Simple DNS based web filtering.

Here's Googles page on security : https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/security . Take a look around that site if you're interested.

The only danger I can think of is this : Your ISP DNS may be resolving certain servers closer to your general area to put it simply. Your ISP will often host cache servers for popular content like Google , Youtube , Facebook , etc etc (and to a limited extent P2P as well but those are super expensive).

Using a free open DNS servers _may_ mean not being able to connect to those servers or being mapped to a server based very far away from your actual physical location. For example I'm in NZ so when I look up a youtube page and start downloading it's meant to download from a youtube cache server based in Auckland. WIth Open DNS this could mean it's going to hop over the ocean and download that content from a server in LA.
Edited by bluspacecow#1174 on 5/20/2012 9:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
05/20/2012 06:13 PMPosted by Blaze
Changing my DNS server did not work. Still hangs at 'Authenticating Credentials' with error 3007.

:|

I can haz d3debug.txt ?

Try flushing your DNS cache :

Open Applications ->Utilities -> terminal

Type out the following lines with a return at the end of each line.

sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder
sudo killall mDNSResponder
sudo dscacheutil -flushcache
Edited by bluspacecow#1174 on 5/20/2012 10:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]