Diablo® III

Yet another 'My Monk build'. *No quickening*

So I just started Hell, and am rolling through it like I have the rest of the game so far. If anyone in Inferno feels like trying this, please let me know how it works!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WagViQ!ZdX!Zaacbb

Basically, you alternate each third hit with Crippling Wave, and use FoT for your first two attacks for the mobility and quick damage. You can also sub out WotHF with the FoF rune as well for the dash.

Between Resolve and the Concussions CW rune, you lower the enemies damage by a ton, and Exploding Palm spreading between large packs combined with Sweeping Wind is huge damage.

With both of your main attacks generating spirit, and the only thing you cast when not attacking, and only on large mob groups is exploding palm, against only a few mobs, you are free to spam your mantra as much as you want.

Passives are optional of course, except that I consider Resolve to be essential.
Edited by Voo#1960 on 5/20/2012 4:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Great build. After trying it out I have to say it is hard to combo 2 FoT and then third hit Crippling Wave, due to latency and lack of skills.. :p
One question: between FoT, Crippling Wave, Palm and Sweeping Wind, you have 4 skills that qualify for Combination Strike. The ideal 32% damage increase from that would be huge, don't you think it'd be worth one passive slot?
Reply Quote
Great build. After trying it out I have to say it is hard to combo 2 FoT and then third hit Crippling Wave, due to latency and lack of skills.. :p
One question: between FoT, Crippling Wave, Palm and Sweeping Wind, you have 4 skills that qualify for Combination Strike. The ideal 32% damage increase from that would be huge, don't you think it'd be worth one passive slot?

Your comment about combination strike is very true.

I would recommend "The flesh is weak" for palm instead of essence burn. The additional 12% damage from all sources is great for harder mobs (and has great synergy when partying with glass canon DH's and Wiz's). Essence burn is awesome for aoe'ing groups, as its easy to spread the dot everywhere, but I think you'll find the biggest problems you'll have are with smaller groups of elites. TFiW is much better for those sorts of enemies.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]