Diablo® III

Mojo vs Shield

What's better? I'm level 34 and I have a 255 armor +30 int shield, then a mojo that gives 6-8 dmg and +62 int... how significant is "6-8" dmg? That sounds so insignificant to me, but is it scaled? Why would I use that instead of a shield with massive armor bonus? Thoughts!
Reply Quote
6-8 damage is pretty massive.
Reply Quote
Some stats only appears on Mojo like the WD skill specific bonus stats and mana regeneration. Other than that, it depends on your build, for example a summoner WD will benefit more from shield than a Dire Bat spammer WD.
Reply Quote
Six to eight is a lot. Watch your dps when you switch between the shield and the mojo. It's all about optimizing dps and survivability.
Reply Quote
Well, I recommend using a 2H weapon up until Hell. After that, you need a 900 DPS 2H weapon or a 700 DPS 1H weapon with a Mojo or Shield (which is better is a matter of debate right now).
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Swapping between offhand/shield, the dps number should be accurate. At level 34, 6-8 more damage is a ton. It also scales with the soul harvest buff very well. Generally I agree with Suzut on the 2H leveling, but with that offhand it may not work out that way, check for a rare 2H cheap on the ah.

Direct answer to op: yes, 6-8 damage is scaled off your int, as well as soul harvest. For nightmare you shouldn't have real survival issues; stack damage high and kill everything before its dangerous.
Reply Quote
it's easier at lower levels to find 2h's that out perform the 1h+ mojo in damage by a large margin, although the 1h + mojo can still be competitive if you aren't a cheapskate and pickup the highest damage + int 1h and highest +damage + int mojo you can find.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]