Diablo® III

Secret to ending your blues.

This is a short post to help some of those folk having difficulty with NM+ content or saying that they are having difficulty killing things and the like.

After some reading of the forums I find that a lot of people have very low DPS, and I think the problem is weapon attributed.

Hop on the AH, set the level req. to around where you are at, and find a 2h with a DPS that is much higher than your current weapon.

Reason being is that the brunt of your damage is based off your weapon, I myself found that going from a 1h+mojo to a 2h with a gem slot for a red gem(to further increase weapon damage) gave me a 600% damage increase.

I can now happily 2-3 shot most mobs with fire bats in hell.

Enjoy!
Reply Quote
The main stat to increase your damage as WD is Intellligence, so i think a +intel gem will give your weapon more damage output that a red gem that is upping your weapons damage!?
Reply Quote
Nah Zappa, the best way to upgrade weapon DPS with a weapon gem is a ruby, bar none. Intel is a nice but actual weapon damage makes an enormous difference. I have a 650+ dps 2H right now and I just can't find a 1H/offhand combo that is worth giving up thousands of DPS for.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
05/21/2012 01:38 AMPosted by Zappa
The main stat to increase your damage as WD is Intellligence, so i think a +intel gem will give your weapon more damage output that a red gem that is upping your weapons damage!?

Incorrect.
Reply Quote
Intelligence modifies your weapon damage. Any increase translates to HUGE gains in overall damage. (I should take it upon myself to create a table or something, but in essence, if you have high base damage, get more int, else, get more base damage. As people level up, INT becomes more important, but early on, a Keen Ring of Wounding virtually doubles your damage output.)
Edited by Suzut#1931 on 5/21/2012 1:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]