Diablo® III

The hacker found (with screenshot)

I got hacked like an hour ago. I sent my ticket already, and changed my password, everything.

Then i noticed in my account, i noticed someone i dont know or never added in my friend list, so i got suspicious about that guy and checked out his game. and here below are the screenshots with actual hacking happening to a lv 52 witch doctor. The name of the hacker is shown in the screenshot.

Please blizzard staff, im sure this is more than enough evidence for you to help us recover all our hacked items back so we can continue to enjoy playing Diablo 3. Please do it fast, he's continuing to hack others as we speak.

*i never played public games. and all those in my friends list are my irl friends. (except the hacker himself)

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/4703/screenshot004uw.jpg
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8861/screenshot003by.jpg
http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/5243/screenshot002ng.jpg
http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/6038/screenshot001vx.jpg
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1302/screenshot000wl.jpg

in screenshots are me,
Benzonia#1442 (according to his profile, played over 18hours with alot of chars but max level 2 and killed only diablo in normal mode, but no other bosses)
Bennywoods#1235
Edited by Funchum#1841 on 5/21/2012 3:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This whole hacking rampage thing actually makes me scared to play the game. Good job, Blizzard.
Reply Quote
I think people were hacked a while ago and hackers were just waiting for Diablo's release before they set "Order 66" into motion.
Reply Quote
87 Undead Warlock
05/21/2012 06:28 AMPosted by Scourge
I think people were hacked a while ago and hackers were just waiting for Diablo's release before they set "Order 66" into motion.

I lawled at the Star Wars reference.

That is actually possible you know. Once you acquire a password for example, you dont have to necessarily use it immediately (albeit I have read, they often do).
Reply Quote
Benzonia == lv 1 Barbarian == CKEA char name (found screenshot of actual hacking)

that me, the female wizard, naked after getting hacked of gears, gold and everything in bank1.
Reply Quote
please do. You being here wont help and i know you know that.
Reply Quote
what a disgrace
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 06:30 AMPosted by Garamsythe

I lawled at the Star Wars reference.

That is actually possible you know. Once you acquire a password for example, you dont have to necessarily use it immediately (albeit I have read, they often do).

Exactly.

These days, they create an exploit, test it out quietly and then spread it to as many PCs as possible... THEN, they lie low for a couple weeks and try to quietly steal as much information as possible to make it easier to hack in the future. They don't do anything obvious that would set off an alarm. They check for their target's typical "logged on" time so they know when it's safe to steal stuff without getting caught right away (like early in the morning or something)

THEN, when a big game like Diablo 3 is released, they focus on people who play a lot and who rush to pile up the best high-end loot and gear and gold. Once they pile up on stuff, the hackers wait for them to log-off and then they go into their accounts while they are sleeping or not active or whatever and strip their accounts of all the loot and gold.

By time the victim finds out, it's too late and all the "Stuff" is gone and filtered off to farmer accounts and 3rd party sites for sale.

All Blizzard can do is reset the password and restore the account. I'm sure they try to track down the gold and items via a papertrail, but it can get diluted so quickly with tons of accounts to spread the stuff out to.

I had my WoW account hacked when I only had 4 days left on my sub a few months ago. [I am SUPER CRAZY with A/V and Anti-Malware programs too - so how they got my p-word I have NO idea]

I had stopped playing out of boredom - so they KNEW I was not an active player anymore and they KNEW I had a couple days left on my paid time so they could go in and strip me. They did a paid transfer to another server and stripped my main characters. I even got an e-mail confirmation with the HACKERS last four digits of THEIR credit card (or someone's stolen credit card) - but I caught it and Blizzard restored my account.

You can't just say it's just lazyness of the victim anymore - most people who play online games these days are pretty security-aware. Now I see people with Authenticators are getting hacked too - that's not good at all.
Reply Quote
I don't see how this is evidence of a hacking.
Reply Quote
like i said, i dont play on public games. And i noticed ppl on the RECENT PLAYERS list. These people i don't know of. So i joined in the quick join on their game and see the actual hacking happening on another character.

I was playing act 1 inferno the time i was hacked. I got a pop up error message saying someone else is trying to login my account. I tried to fight, by logging in again. Then i hurriedly tried to change password and all. By the time im done, i checked back my account and saw my wizard with no gears in the login screen. The hacking has been done. I filed my ticket and waited for blizz reply.

While waiting i noticed a quick join game of someone i dont know. I know for sure it was the hacker's game as it was very obvious already. When i got in, i saw another high level character dropping lotsa stuff and getting stripped naked as well, while another low level character keeps looting the dropped items. Its all in the screenshot.
Reply Quote
**** update: The hacker Benzonia (CKEA Barbarian lv1) made another barbarian lv1 char named lvdke. How i know? Mouse over him in my RECENT PLAYER LIST. He's probably making another mule for hacked items.
Reply Quote
View profile
like i said, i dont play on public games. And i noticed ppl on the RECENT PLAYERS list. These people i don't know of. So i joined in the quick join on their game and see the actual hacking happening on another character.

I was playing act 1 inferno the time i was hacked. I got a pop up error message saying someone else is trying to login my account. I tried to fight, by logging in again. Then i hurriedly tried to change password and all. By the time im done, i checked back my account and saw my wizard with no gears in the login screen. The hacking has been done. I filed my ticket and waited for blizz reply.

While waiting i noticed a quick join game of someone i dont know. I know for sure it was the hacker's game as it was very obvious already. When i got in, i saw another high level character dropping lotsa stuff and getting stripped naked as well, while another low level character keeps looting the dropped items. Its all in the screenshot.

That sucks. I would suspect that at some point you leaked enough information for them to obtain your password through phishing or by some other means. It's possible that they just ran a tool spamming your account with password attempts, I think blizzard has a limit before it reports it and blocks the attempts. Buy yourself an authenticator now to provide additional account security.
Reply Quote
31 Worgen Druid
"actual hacking happening"

I swear. The moron population misuses "hacking" and "hackers" more than they do "pst".
Reply Quote
I doubt that my info got leaked. And i dont go play in public places like internet station etc.
Thats why im surprised that while i was playing, someone tried to login my account. Also, this has been happening to alot of people, not just me. I'm posting the screenshot as i happen to witness another hacking happening and am hoping it could help shed light to others who are affected, and help hasten blizz's action towards this matter.
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 07:16 AMPosted by Tyrone
**** update: The hacker Benzonia (CKEA Barbarian lv1) made another barbarian lv1 char named lvdke. How i know? Mouse over him in my RECENT PLAYER LIST. He's probably making another mule for hacked items.
How can you mule with shared stash

Not stash, more chars = more spaces in inventory.. Stash is probably full already as he has hacked alot of other people as well.
Reply Quote
How can you mule with shared stash

i simply cant understand how that works either. until i discovered something called an inventory. simply having 30 empty inventory slots. and based on my recent findings each character has this inventory. and each account has 10 characters. that is 300 slots fitting 150-300 items, now that is outrageous.
Edited by Sorel#6648 on 5/21/2012 7:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
This isn't really the correct place to post this. It's interesting and all, but no one who can actually help you will read it here. You should submit a ticket at https://us.battle.net/support/en/ticket/submit

That having been said, do you have an authenticator attached to your account? If not, you should definitely get one.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]