Diablo® III

Why are sources on the AH so expensive?

Just curious as to why they are so BLOODY PHENOMENALLY EXPENSIVE!

I bought my last two sources, one level 44 the other level 55 for under 100,000 total. I go search for a source to upgrade to now(level 58), and all I see are prices in hundreds of thousands if not millions. And some of their stats are downright junk!

I'm not QQ-ing or at least that's not my intention. And I'm also not here to brag about how I scored a record deal on sources since I sold my old source(lvl 44) for a mere 75k(as opposed to maybe joining the overpriced bandwagon and pricing it competitively at a 150k maybe).

I'm just curious why they command such a high price.
Reply Quote
A couple reasons...
  • Some people are just uninformed and do not know how to price stuff outside their own class
  • Changing the price of a gear auction takes a minimum of 2 days, once it's listed it isn't coming back down until then (thanks Blizzard)
Reply Quote
Being uninformed is one thing, and I guess it doesn't help when all the prices are astronomical if you use those to research prices and base your own stuff on.

But still!

I mean it's not like they're fantastic weapons on their own. Say a level 50 dagger that does 400 DPS out of the box. You'd think people would have more decency.
Reply Quote
Because kids don't know how economics works.
Reply Quote
get a 2H. way cheaper and better dps.

I found a 190dps 1.23 attack spped 80int 80 vit 2H sword for 20k. nabbed it and was good for like 6 levels.

no kids DO know. that's why they're charging 100k. dont' buy into it. camp like ebay.
Reply Quote
Most of those outrages prices are just wishes. The kids don't know how to price things. They think they can list something at 10 bajillion gold and someone will be dumb enough to buy it.

Go ahead, sort it by Buyout price. The first three pages of items are laugh out loud stupidity.
Reply Quote
I've never spent over 25k for anything.

You just have to filter your buyout price for like 50k or something.. they're plenty of bargains out there. I never sell an item for over 30k as it just won't sell. Also I don't want to wait 2 days for the auction to finish so Buy it now, FTW.
Reply Quote
Okay..this may be a stupid question but i tried sorting by price, stats over in the listings (by clicking it at the top) but doesn't seem to work. I'm probably doing it wrongly.

Can someone help me on that?
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 02:46 PMPosted by DumbRedneck

I know this, and I have one 2h permanently in my stash for the times I switch to a Disintegrate build or the like. But I want high attack speed. And my current weapon has 1.60 aps. Even a good 2h sword can only go up to 1.25 or 1.27 was the max I saw. And it actually makes a big difference.

05/21/2012 07:22 PMPosted by Beargod
Go ahead, sort it by Buyout price. The first three pages of items are laugh out loud stupidity.

I know this too. However for sources that doesn't seem to work. If you set the price at 50,000. You end up with level 23 or worse level 19 stuff. Deals can be had no doubt, I have gotten some really good deals off the AH but for sources, it just seems rarer.

And occasionally the first page can yield a deal. They just go ridiculously fast. I've become the guy who just buys nowadays. Especially if it's a 25k item on the first page.
Reply Quote

I found a 190dps 1.23 attack spped 80int 80 vit 2H sword for 20k. nabbed it and was good for like 6 levels.

no kids DO know. that's why they're charging 100k. dont' buy into it. camp like ebay.

What he said. Forget 1h+offhands, those things are ridiculously overpriced and in certain respects inferior to 2h anyways.
Reply Quote
Wait till your 60. Demon hunters have every champ blue/yellow pack on farm in every act of inferno. Thus they receive the best items ever and the first 200 weapons when you search per say right now are over 3 mill each.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]