Diablo® III

What are these loot issues people talk about?

I'm getting some pretty amazing loot, and through upgrading my gear I am progressing just fine. Seems to be working just fine to me.
Reply Quote
You're too young to have played Diablo 2 then.
Reply Quote
You're right, I forgot how much I missed endless boss farming. How could I be so forgetful?
Reply Quote
It seems rare items only drop on boss fights on the first time you kill them. Every boss in normal dropped at least 3 rare items. Once i got to nightmare and hell difficulty the only items that dropped from bosses were crappy magic items. So is there a problem or is this normal? Because either way it kinda sucks...I found more rares from monsters on normal.
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 02:39 PMPosted by Lyosha
It seems rare items only drop on boss fights on the first time you kill them. Every boss in normal dropped at least 3 rare items. Once i got to nightmare and hell difficulty the only items that dropped from bosses were crappy magic items. So is there a problem or is this normal? Because either way it kinda sucks...I found more rares from monsters on normal.

You just explained the exact design of the loot system. Your first kill on a boss nets you guaranteed rares, this way you have a chance of getting some cool stuff the first time you complete the bosses. After this the bosses return to their normal loot tables. The reason you find more gear from rare mob packs rather than bosses is because the game dev's wanted to reward exploration and playing the entire game as opposed to rewarding people who repeatedly played the same 1% of the game and farmed bosses. Some people do not understand the new loot system and do not like it and that's fine, if they want to farm bosses, they can go play WoW. Personally I like the new loot system and think that they did a great job.
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 02:39 PMPosted by Lyosha

Thats by design. But thats not what people are complaining about.

People like set items / Unique items (Legendary in D3)

It was fun to complete a set, they had decent stats and you could still do well with them. Same with Uniques.

There were many awesome items.

Diablo 3, not so much. If you get a very lucky drop and got a legendary, you'll notice that the stats pretty much are no good and it's not useful.

Sets or Unique mean nothing, it's only about what stats an item has.
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 02:48 PMPosted by SucksTwoSuck
Some people do not understand the new loot system and do not like it and that's fine, if they want to farm bosses, they can go play WoW.

Of course they understand it, the game is just boring and not challenging.
Reply Quote
Flavorless.
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 02:57 PMPosted by Lotte
Some people do not understand the new loot system and do not like it and that's fine, if they want to farm bosses, they can go play WoW.

Of course they understand it, the game is just boring and not challenging.

The game requiring you to actually play the entire game makes it "not fun"? Okay.
Reply Quote
I thought the new loot system was designed to reward playthrough by giving you a MF buff for doing so when you defeat Elites and whatnot (which can be right challenging) so that you could get good drops off the boss also. I have not experienced this. I just played through the last couple bits of Act 2 NM and Zoltun Kulle and Belial both dropped nary a gem or yellow. I did get a couple on the playthroughs though.

I can't really say the loot sucks though it's just random and I often get something that doesn't do it for the toon I'm playing but I find it might be useful for one of the others I'm playing, which is why I'm only just now in A3 NM because I'm not married to one toon (and I have a job and stuff.)
Reply Quote
Let me answer the OP's question: take a look at all the legendary items: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/
The legendary is not desirable, worse than rare, not worth farming, that's what people are complaining about.
Reply Quote
I thought the new loot system was designed to reward playthrough by giving you a MF buff for doing so when you defeat Elites and whatnot (which can be right challenging) so that you could get good drops off the boss also. I have not experienced this. I just played through the last couple bits of Act 2 NM and Zoltun Kulle and Belial both dropped nary a gem or yellow. I did get a couple on the playthroughs though.

I can't really say the loot sucks though it's just random and I often get something that doesn't do it for the toon I'm playing but I find it might be useful for one of the others I'm playing, which is why I'm only just now in A3 NM because I'm not married to one toon (and I have a job and stuff.)

The Nephalem Valor bonus only comes into play when you are level 60. Then you will be able to stack a buff to your Magic and Gold Find for not respeccing.
Reply Quote
Let me answer the OP's question: take a look at all the legendary items: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/
The legendary is not desirable, worse than rare, not worth farming, that's what people are complaining about.

That is perfectly in line with what a Diablo game is like. Some of the best items from Diablo 2 were rare items, uniques were not the best in ever case. People seem to be slightly misinformed in my opinion about how the loot works in Diablo.
Reply Quote
Exactly out of 3 friends and most of general chat nobody has found a single Set item or Unique.....we used to find 5-10 of each on normal back in the day...theyve Gimped the loot to promote thier AH plain and simple..we thought we bought diablo but we really bought WowAblo...Give us back our Drops!
Reply Quote

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/won-khim-lau
If it drops with 500 DPS base it can go up to 1000+ with the random properties and it already adds 100 of a primary stat with MF.

THAT is the point of legendary items. You people complaining are ignorant to the point of hilarity. The best items in the game are going to be rares UNTIL you're geared enough to farm efficiently with MF in the hopes of getting a good roll on sets/legendaries. Just because you can enter Inferno doesn't mean you can have amazing items drop within the first couple days. Each act of inferno is it's own difficulty, which is why each increasing act drops a higher item tier.

Bunch of spoiled brats incapable of critical thinking. People weren't running around wearing all of the best uniques 5 days after D2 was released. Like I said in another thread; stop being babies and use Metapod's only ability to harden the !@#$ up.

Agreed
Edited by SucksTwoSuck#1548 on 5/21/2012 4:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
http://i45.tinypic.com/2dvo689.jpg

vs

http://i41.tinypic.com/eis4za.jpg
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]