Diablo® III

lag and framerate problem with new computer

I just bought a brand new Gateway DX4860 desktop. The computer pretty much only has diablo 3 installed other than the antivirus. I think that the computer should be able to play Diablo 3 at high quality without much lag issues but even when I have every setting on the lowest option, the game and animations don't run smoothly, especially when a lot is happing on screen at once. It's definitely playable, but I would really love to play the game at more optimal settings. When I first installed the game it gave me the message telling me that I should update my video card driver, but when I check my driver is up to date. My specs are: Intel Core I5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHZ, 8GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit, Intel HD Graphics Family video card. I'm also on a wired broadband connection so I doubt its the connectivity thats the issue.
Thanks
Reply Quote
Your video car is your problem. First it doesn't support shadowing. secondly it doesn't support anti aliasing. Buy a PCIe card. You cant run new games without it. Other than that, the lag is because their servers are horrible....nothing you can do about that until they decide to fix it when they want to release an expansion.
Reply Quote
rage: thanks, could you recommend a good cheap one?

and darkhorse: i did look at the specs and im pretty sure my rig covers them all
Reply Quote
I meet all requirements for the game to run smoothly but still lag to the point it's nearly unplayable. My internet is very fast too but my latency ranges from ~400-1500 mps. I've literally have had maybe 5 minutes of smooth gameplay (below 200 mps) since Diablo 3's release so I know the game can run properly. Blizzard- fix your servers! For the amount of profit made from Diablo 3, I think Blizzard can spare to invest some of that into adding more servers at the least.
Reply Quote
I just bought a brand new Gateway DX4860 desktop. The computer pretty much only has diablo 3 installed other than the antivirus. I think that the computer should be able to play Diablo 3 at high quality without much lag issues but even when I have every setting on the lowest option, the game and animations don't run smoothly, especially when a lot is happing on screen at once. It's definitely playable, but I would really love to play the game at more optimal settings. When I first installed the game it gave me the message telling me that I should update my video card driver, but when I check my driver is up to date. My specs are: Intel Core I5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHZ, 8GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit, Intel HD Graphics Family video card. I'm also on a wired broadband connection so I doubt its the connectivity thats the issue.
Thanks

Intel graphics cards are notorious for not being able to run any decent modern-era computer game. Your card is NOT supported for D3, which means you will run into lag issues.

Hopefully you're within your return period to be able to exchange for a more capable computer. Aim for something with NVidia or ATI.
Reply Quote
it is your videocard that intel HD grahics well not run diablo 3 good you have to put it on low settings and lower your resoultion and turn off AA
Reply Quote
rage: thanks, could you recommend a good cheap one?

and darkhorse: i did look at the specs and im pretty sure my rig covers them all

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133356

That will do it for ya
Edited by Belgarius#1628 on 5/22/2012 11:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Depends if you want to max the settings or not. I'm running a 550ti with mostly max'd settings and it plays fairly well, but I have had to use the workarounds posted here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en-us/forum/topic/5149619611
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]