Diablo® III

DIABLO 3 HACKED: IT'S TIME TO OWN UP BLIZZARD

(Locked)

I for one enjoy the game, but did I pay $60 so that hackers can steal my gold and items by using exploits in the game that are Blizzard's fault? Absolutely not. The problem is so widespread that non-gaming news sites are picking up the story:

Forbes:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/05/21/breaking-blizzard-diablo-iii-player-accounts-hacked-items-and-gold-stolen/

International Business Times:
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/343461/20120521/diablo-3-release-date-2012-beta-auction.htm

Examiner:
http://www.examiner.com/article/accounts-on-diablo-3-hacked

Now, all we get is a single paragraph blue post? It is time for Blizzard to own up to what's going on. Let us know if this is widespread phishing/keylogging or hackers taking advantage of exploits in the network code. If Blizz doesn't know, they need to take the servers down until they can figure it out, before more people lose their accounts.
Edited by Frobozz#1468 on 5/21/2012 3:58 PM PDT
I was hacked yesterday :( all items gone and no response from their tech group it has been more than 24 hrs no reply yet...
Well, lets all look at the FACTS. I myself was hacked, but im not going to go on a rant about how its 100% not my fault OMGZ BLIZARD TEH SUX!!

Fat 1, everybody that has been hacked has had it happen since blizard took the servers offline on sunday, with only a 5 minuite warning, suggesting that there was an issue they needed to correct fast.

Fact 2, with the hundreds of people effected, im sorry but the keylogger of phishing scam excuses people have been using, just dont have any logic to them, as the hackers seem to leave the same 'new friend' in our friends list. This would mean the hackers are generaly the same people....meaning that everyone that is effected would have to have near enough the exact same internet usage in order to accidentaly download the software containing the keylogger or phishing software....that just dosent make sense.

Fact 3, Not only is is us 'regulay, casual' gamers that are effected, but PC gamer journalist Tom Hatfield and Eurogamers Chris Donlan were also hacked. They play games online for a living, do you realy expect their online security to be bad. More than likely they have authenticators and numerous security programmes to prevent things like this happening....because if they get hacked, their job is effected.

Fact 4, This has all happened when the RMAH is scheduled to go up

Fact 5, Of the hundreds that are effected, quite a large percentage are saying they also have authenticators on their account. Yes this dosent make it 100% hack proof, but its suposed to make it hard for those trying, yet alot of people are still effected. Yes iv seen the posts saying 'but if theyre using your own ip address then they dont need a new authentication'...and while this is true, im willing to bet some of those had it set for authentication for every game session.

this is starting to become news on more and more gaming sites, if it was just a case of random hacks, then it would just be a side note piece of news, not worth realy mentioning. To those people that say 'well if BLIZZARD were hacked, it would be in newspapers'....no it wouldnt. Sony was in papers because of the scale of the attack, and they got literaly millions of credit card numbers. this attack has been soley on Diablo 3, no other games are effected, and since the RMAH wasn't operational, no money was linked or involved. Therefore it dosent constitute national news.

Thats just my view. im trying to remain impartial, to let others make up their own mids from the facts, not conjecture.
you guys wernt hacked you were phished now !@#$
Game wasn't hacked OP.

Learn to properly secure your computer, use common sense, and if either one (or both) of them fails, get an authenticator.
Check the box that requires you to input the authenticator code everytime you login.
I like how people read that Forbes article as if Forbes has any F'ing clue about hackers,phising or what is actually going on.
90 Gnome Warrior
We've been taking the situation extremely seriously from the start, and have done everything possible to verify how and in what circumstances these compromises are occurring. Despite the claims and theories being made, we have yet to find any situations in which a person's account was not compromised through traditional means of someone else logging into their account through the use of their password. While the authenticator isn't a 100% guarantee of account security, we have yet to investigate a compromise report in which an authenticator was attached beforehand.

If your account has been hacked, please view the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149619846?page=1"]previous post[/url] for information on contacting our support department.

Meaning, no account with an authenticator has yet been hacked, essentially. You can !@#$% and moan all you want- but until you provide evidence that definitively proves otherwise (meaning, screenshots of an account page that has an authenticator attached, a record of reporting the hacking AFTER the date the authenticator was attached, and screenshots showing the hack's damage, or similar levels of proof) I'm going to believe blizzard and say you're full of ^-*!.

People will ALWAYS say they OF COURSE had the authenticator, and they will be lying. Because they have an incentive to make themselves look good, so they can get Blizzard to fix the mistakes that they themselves made by choosing to forego account security.
Edited by Elendil#1779 on 5/22/2012 7:10 AM PDT
05/22/2012 07:06 AMPosted by AerialUchiha
Fact 2, with the hundreds of people effected, im sorry but the keylogger of phishing scam excuses people have been using, just dont have any logic to them, as the hackers seem to leave the same 'new friend' in our friends list. This would mean the hackers are generaly the same people....meaning that everyone that is effected would have to have near enough the exact same internet usage in order to accidentaly download the software containing the keylogger or phishing software....that just dosent make sense.

Um. Show me one case please. Bashiok has responded to several of these, and they were lying. Several instances where he asked for a battletag and it turned out they did not have an authenticator or purchased/downloaded one after they were hacked.
Edited by koticgood#1415 on 5/22/2012 7:10 AM PDT
ya , if u can read chinese ,the chinese sites are also flooded with such info too . its not us ,its the server . server is hacked ,and eventually it will come to all of u guys .now keep calling us dumb !@#
people who hacked us ,they didn;t even log in to game, they didn;t even need our account name ,nor password. thats what i know of this story
myself played online games for 12 years, hundreds of games online ,never got hacked not even once till this one , i also run 3 spywares all the time on my comp ,never used my gaming comp for anyother purpose. i tell u all again ,its not us ,its the server
No one with an authenticator has been hacked, so players are making stuff up.

Blue post,

http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-tracker/topic/224290-battlenet-account-security-diablo-iii/#1
this so reminds me of PSN hacked last year, plz blizzard ,think about it ,Sony did the same thing which u are doing right now and what they get in the end ? stop hiding the truth
myself played online games for 12 years, hundreds of games online ,never got hacked not even once till this one , i also run 3 spywares all the time on my comp ,never used my gaming comp for anyother purpose. i tell u all again ,its not us ,its the server

You realize spywares can conflict with each other, causing them not to work correctly, right?

What malware scanner are you using?

What virus scanner are you using?
I have just over 2 million gold and haven't been hacked. Maybe you should keep your account information more secure.
Get an authenticator, totally worth it.
Wow ok, i feel sorry for those who got hacked. We all FEEL for you, but seriously !@#$ already and let Blizzard do something about it. We don't need tons of "I HAVE BEEN HACKED" threads to get the point out to the blizzard masses.
seriously ,i am so tired of hearing this ,i never played wow before ,i have no idea what is an authenticator until i found myself hacked here . if an authenticator is so important , why not sell me it with the game ? why tell me now ? and u call this our own fault ?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]