Diablo® III

DIABLO 3 HACKED: IT'S TIME TO OWN UP BLIZZARD

(Locked)

people with authenticators said they got hacked as well

nope stop lying noob

wow rude

i'm also not lying, just saying that they said they got hacked
Edited by HOTBLOOD#1443 on 5/22/2012 7:24 AM PDT
yes, blizzard GM maybe said that only ones got hack are without authenicator , just like how Sony acted when PSN was hacked and everyone lost their creadit card info . but how did it end ?be wise ,think wise
Game wasn't hacked OP.

Learn to properly secure your computer, use common sense, and if either one (or both) of them fails, get an authenticator.

^^ Totally clueless user. There are a million more lurking around the forums too.
Ban Review
View profile

nope stop lying noob

wow rude

No reports have been show by blizzard someone being hacked with an authenticator
05/22/2012 12:21 AMPosted by Bashiok
We've been taking the situation extremely seriously from the start, and have done everything possible to verify how and in what circumstances these compromises are occurring. Despite the claims and theories being made, we have yet to find any situations in which a person's account was not compromised through traditional means of someone else logging into their account through the use of their password. While the authenticator isn't a 100% guarantee of account security, we have yet to investigate a compromise report in which an authenticator was attached beforehand.

so it seems that, everyone whose claiming that they were "hacked" wasn't using Authenticator, I guess.
100 Human Paladin
Scare tactics anyone...... Any game, bank, OS or any other popular type of media, Is going to be targeted. What you, yourself need to do besides ranting and going on is take steps to protect yourself, scan your system for malware and viruses. Then make sure your system is updated and get a authenticator.

Lol canned response but... hey lol

Um. Show me one case please. Bashiok has responded to several of these, and they were lying. Several instances where he asked for a battletag and it turned out they did not have an authenticator or purchased/downloaded one after they were hacked.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149619846?page=32#636

totally ignored these 3 guys
and you ignored this in that very post

Posted by Bashiok
Despite the claims and theories being made, we have yet to find any situations in which a person's account was not compromised through traditional means of someone else logging into their account through the use of their password. While the authenticator isn't a 100% guarantee of account security, we have yet to investigate a compromise report in which an authenticator was attached beforehand.

wow rude

No reports have been show by blizzard someone being hacked with an authenticator

it's posters saying it in the forum, i never cited any info from blizzard
I have seen tutorials online that basically allows you to use the Battle.net new account process to update an existing account with new information, thus circumventing both authenticator and new password process.

If Blizzard deletes this post I atleast know its real and that they are maybe doing something...

This silence is a real problem because I for instance is quickly loosing the will to play since I dont even know if the account will be compromised again and at some point Ill just not even resume playing...
Edited by Eneq#1132 on 5/22/2012 7:31 AM PDT
100 Undead Mage
While I think it's a horrible thing to happen to anyone, I couldn't help but feel some amusment that one of the claimant's was doing Hell difficulty while I was still on Act 3 normal.
Pro internet tips:
1) Require authenticator input everytime you login.
2) Don't click a link from a friend unless that friend specifically told you it's safe (voice confirmation or clearly evidenced chat)
3) Verify through email headers that emails are coming from where they say they are coming.
4) Don't simply check the status bar when hovering a link to see it's true destination. Check the source code (status bar can be spoofed too with Javascript). If you can't verify it's location, don't click it.
5) Don't login to websites that look like battle.net if you didn't explicitly type battle.net into the address bar.
6) Don't click on the too-good-to-be-true advertisements and websites. (shouldn't even have to say this)
7) Stop being so damn ignorant of the Internet.
8) Using a separate user account on your computer to do your nefarious Internet surfing will not protect your main user account.
9) Don't use the administrator account for general use. Setup a standard account, and simply input your system administrator password when prompted, after verifying what you are being asked to input it for (it tells you).
10) Don't use simple passwords. Use at least 13 characters (beyond the limit of precompiled Rainbow tables) and vary the characters. Don't use words; alternate case and insert symbols sporadically.
11) Don't use the same password on public forums that you can't trust.

I haven't used an anti-malware at home in about 10 years, and haven't had a single shred of malware outside of a few tracking cookies, which aren't really even a big deal. Granted, I'm a professional IT administrator and C++ game developer with a lot of web security experience, so I know what to look for. Those of you getting hacked, it's simply your own fault. Own up to it, and start using common sense when surfing the Internet.
Edited by cRush#1776 on 5/22/2012 7:33 AM PDT
05/22/2012 07:16 AMPosted by Solstice
Wow ok, i feel sorry for those who got hacked. We all FEEL for you, but seriously !@#$ already and let Blizzard do something about it. We don't need tons of "I HAVE BEEN HACKED" threads to get the point out to the blizzard masses.

sure we do and you would do the same if it were you. Blizzard gives us a way to express our thoughts and we will use it, to do otherwise is just stupid.
100 Gnome Warrior
05/22/2012 07:25 AMPosted by paopao
yes, blizzard GM maybe said that only ones got hack are without authenicator , just like how Sony acted when PSN was hacked and everyone lost their creadit card info . but how did it end ?be wise ,think wise

Difference being, Blizzard has a history of dealing with online stuff, and their !@#$ has never been hacked. Sony's PSN was a new creation at the time and Sony was new at dealing with massive amounts of online data. Blizzard's been working with this %^-* for 8 years now.

They've made a definitive statement, and they're standing by it. Bashiok would not have been allowed to make that statement if Blizzard didn't believe it could be defended.

Blizzard has a history of doing things right, and fixing whatever security gaps exist, even when those gaps are the player's fault.

And the authenticator is an as-yet absolute bastion against all of these complaints. I will believe otherwise when there's actual evidence otherwise. For all the bluster I've seen, I have yet to see anyone post proof that they had an authenticator before they were hacked. All I've seen so far is DUDE TOTALLY TRUST ME I TOTALLY HAD AN AUTHENTICATOR I'M NOT LYING BECAUSE I'M PISSED OFF AND WANT TO MAKE BLIZZARD LOOK BAD AND GET FREE STUFF DUDE TRUST ME I HAD AN AUTHENTICATOR.
i dunno if u all know of PSN hacked last year , turned out everyone lost creadit card info and all personal info ,including social insurance No. ,living adress , phone No, creadit card No. and Sony hide the truth for about a month till major newspapper reportors found it out . this massive account hacking just reminds me of it
There is also a possibility, people just turn out to be downright stupid or (god knows what they were thinking before)..opening up fake blizzard emails and deciding to give their acct info away. Best of all, they won't admit it and still had the balls to rant in the forums putting the blame on the developers.
i just hope u are right
100 Draenei Shaman
05/22/2012 07:08 AMPosted by cRush
Check the box that requires you to input the authenticator code everytime you login.

*Sigh*

Please educate yourself. That does NOT make your account anymore secure then if it did not ask every time

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5150108712
u mistook one thing ,Sony PSN isn;t new at all ,its been out there for many years also , just think how long PS3 was out there
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]