Diablo® III

DIABLO 3 HACKED: IT'S TIME TO OWN UP BLIZZARD

(Locked)

05/22/2012 07:54 AMPosted by Nahelia
You are insinuating that Sony tried to hide the fact they had been hacked. You are completely wrong. They were 100% up front about being hacked (as is required by law). They are not required to tell you more until they have the facts (which took a few weeks).

Actually, Sony knew what was going on from day 1 and chose not to disclose that information. Huge difference. This is why it was a big deal.

Regardless, totally different scenario.

Sources (not like the sources in the OP)?

There would have been legal repercussions if that were the case.
In the first place, there was never a 100% promise that security wouldn't be compromised. Blizzard isn't run by Super AIs...they are run by human beings like us. You all know the cliche saying of "Nothings PERFECT!"
i got off work @ 9:00 central time last night.. played thru with 3 friends who joined me, to finish act 4 on normal finally.. right after i beat the game i logged..

logged back on this morning, everythings gone, my gear, my stash, my gold.

they left me with 2 rings, a belt, 2 swords in my stash i cant use and 2 jems... i cant even start a new game because i have no weapons and no gold to buy

this is really !@#$ty at this point
86 Blood Elf Mage
I don't know if I believe Blizzard on this matter or not. In Public Affairs, you deny a problem until someone can prove otherwise. It could be a glaring hole in security and Blizzard wouldn't openly say, whooops, especially not if they can patcch the hole before it becomes even more of a issue and just play it off, like there wasn't a hole to begin with.

Am I saying this is what happened? No, not at all, but it is a possibility. I think the strong point about all of this though is, there goes your single player game. Not only do we want you to be online to play single player, deal with a server that is up and down and really laggy, but we want you to buy/download a authenticator because your single player game might not be secure otherwise...............The whole purpose of making this game online only is for security. Bah forget about it, every is living on their damnable cloud and is so much better than everyone else.
no they are not banned ,i swear ,those 2 who hacked me ,are login in and out every 2 min while i am typing here. i see it all in my chat ingame cause they are still in my friendes list. and i have total 4 friends only ,2 are added by myself ,and these 2 are unknown ,thats how easy to find out who hacked me
Ban Review
View profile

Man, it is you who are truly ignorant of how it works.

It's like this:
function login(String username, String password) {
bool res = account->validateCredentials(username, password);

if (account->hasAuthenticator()) {
if (account->isAuthenticatorAlwaysRequired()) {
if (!account->validateAuthenticationCode(account->promptAuthenticationCode()))
res = false;
} else if (!account->isValidatedLoginLocation()) {
res = false;
}
}

return res;
}

*sigh*

You know nothing if you think it is that simple.

clearly he does!! he checks the box allow authenticator use every log in noob! :L
05/22/2012 07:52 AMPosted by DragonFlyy
this so reminds me of PSN hacked last year, plz blizzard ,think about it ,Sony did the same thing which u are doing right now and what they get in the end ? stop hiding the truth

You are insinuating that Sony tried to hide the fact they had been hacked. You are completely wrong. They were 100% up front about being hacked (as is required by law). They are not required to tell you more until they have the facts (which took a few weeks).

Blizzard is not tell us they are hacked, because they were not hacked. If they had been hacked, they would have told us (because the law states they have to).

Deal with the fact that you have poor security. Running more than one anti-spyware program is a good indication. If you knew much about how anti-spyware programs worked you would know that running more than one causes a loophole in your system. All you need is one anti-spyware program and one virus protection software. A firewall doesn't hurt either.

Yes they do have to tell us after the have 100% identified this information and then they have a time period in which to do so. This just happened within 72 hours so...
Lol so many people claiming they were hacked, I doubt everyone who was "hacked" is even telling the truth about being safe, probably went on some phishing site or something. A bunch of people who are new to the world of losing all there items. Use common sense, a secure password, and an Authenticator if you want to be really safe.

I haven't been hacked since I was like 12, and that was from going on a phishing site.
A) It's called pseudocode. To get a point across. Didn't learn that in your "CS studies"?
B) Yes, it's not a difficult process.
C) The hack probably simply redirects the login server to an emulated login server, where they harvest your credentials.
Cancel the RMAH, problem solved. We dont need that, the gold auction house is fine. How much money in real life you have should never dictate how succesful you'll be in a video game.
A lot of Windows users have PC's infected by malware and don't even know it. Virus scannner companies can not keep up with the every malware variant out there. They can only catch the greedy people that try to take over millions of computers. This is why you should avoid installing bootleg versions of software and using torrents.
05/22/2012 07:52 AMPosted by DragonFlyy
this so reminds me of PSN hacked last year, plz blizzard ,think about it ,Sony did the same thing which u are doing right now and what they get in the end ? stop hiding the truth

Blizzard is not tell us they are hacked, because they were not hacked. If they had been hacked, they would have told us (because the law states they have to).

Deal with the fact that you have poor security. Running more than one anti-spyware program is a good indication. If you knew much about how anti-spyware programs worked you would know that running more than one causes a loophole in your system. All you need is one anti-spyware program and one virus protection software. A firewall doesn't hurt either.

i actually do have antivirus, anti spyware and firewall. I also don't click on youtube links or even those suspicious looking facebook links. But i didn't had an authenticator before the hacking so that was my bad. I'm thinking that the hacker might have used brute force attack to login. Probably Blizzard does not have a login attempts limit but i could be wrong. But I do feel that Blizzard does not have a secure basic security without the authenticator judging by how many people are affected.
TRUE but i think blizzard screwed up form the beginning by making this a battle net game, i miss the old games that didn't open my game to the internet and other threats, because it didnt need the net to work,
100 Draenei Shaman
A) It's called pseudocode. To get a point across. Didn't learn that in your "CS studies"?
C) The hack probably simply redirects the login server to an emulated login server, where they harvest your credentials.

You failed at trying to get a point across, by posting a tiny amount of code. All it did was show you much you do not understand.

Truly you have no idea what you are talking about. Perhaps you should take more then a class or two on the subject.
Lol so many people claiming they were hacked, I doubt everyone who was "hacked" is even telling the truth about being safe, probably went on some phishing site or something. A bunch of people who are new to the world of losing all there items. Use common sense, a secure password, and an Authenticator if you want to be really safe.

I haven't been hacked since I was like 12, and that was from going on a phishing site.

I can say whatever I want and to you I am Joe Shmo, so I am not going to convince you that there is no way this is from a phishing email or site.

I am 100% positive this is not a client side hack.
To all the players with the huge balls and big heads - open your games to the public - go join a bunch of random public games - go make some friends... Your computer is secure - you've got nothing to worry about, do you?????

Do you??

There has never been such a successful phishing attack in the history of gaming. Get real. Get bent.

-LeftStep eats his foot
Edited by LeftStep#1779 on 5/22/2012 8:15 AM PDT

You failed at trying to get a point across, by posting a tiny amount of code. All it did was show you much you do not understand.

Truly you have no idea what you are talking about. Perhaps you should take more then a class or two on the subject.

I'm pretty sure at this point that
A) You couldn't understand my pseudocode, or you wouldn't be making this comment.
B) You really are completely ignorant, and need to stop talking at this point.
Well, lets all look at the FACTS. I myself was hacked, but im not going to go on a rant about how its 100% not my fault OMGZ BLIZARD TEH SUX!!

Fat 1, everybody that has been hacked has had it happen since blizard took the servers offline on sunday, with only a 5 minuite warning, suggesting that there was an issue they needed to correct fast.

Fact 2, with the hundreds of people effected, im sorry but the keylogger of phishing scam excuses people have been using, just dont have any logic to them, as the hackers seem to leave the same 'new friend' in our friends list. This would mean the hackers are generaly the same people....meaning that everyone that is effected would have to have near enough the exact same internet usage in order to accidentaly download the software containing the keylogger or phishing software....that just dosent make sense.

Fact 3, Not only is is us 'regulay, casual' gamers that are effected, but PC gamer journalist Tom Hatfield and Eurogamers Chris Donlan were also hacked. They play games online for a living, do you realy expect their online security to be bad. More than likely they have authenticators and numerous security programmes to prevent things like this happening....because if they get hacked, their job is effected.

Fact 4, This has all happened when the RMAH is scheduled to go up

Fact 5, Of the hundreds that are effected, quite a large percentage are saying they also have authenticators on their account. Yes this dosent make it 100% hack proof, but its suposed to make it hard for those trying, yet alot of people are still effected. Yes iv seen the posts saying 'but if theyre using your own ip address then they dont need a new authentication'...and while this is true, im willing to bet some of those had it set for authentication for every game session.

this is starting to become news on more and more gaming sites, if it was just a case of random hacks, then it would just be a side note piece of news, not worth realy mentioning. To those people that say 'well if BLIZZARD were hacked, it would be in newspapers'....no it wouldnt. Sony was in papers because of the scale of the attack, and they got literaly millions of credit card numbers. this attack has been soley on Diablo 3, no other games are effected, and since the RMAH wasn't operational, no money was linked or involved. Therefore it dosent constitute national news.

Thats just my view. im trying to remain impartial, to let others make up their own mids from the facts, not conjecture.

You were hacked and you still defend Blizzard??? What kind of coward worm are you?

I know, right?

Only a coward would take responsibility for his own actions instead of trying to shift blame on to everyone short of the Freemasons.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]