Diablo® III

DIABLO 3 HACKED: IT'S TIME TO OWN UP BLIZZARD

(Locked)

You were hacked and you still defend Blizzard??? What kind of coward worm are you?

Iv never said i defend blizard. Logicaly, i believe them to have some of the fault as its the only explination for the hundreds of account hacks, but im not going to say that its definately 100% their fault.
A) It's called pseudocode. To get a point across. Didn't learn that in your "CS studies"?
B) Yes, it's not a difficult process.
C) The hack probably simply redirects the login server to an emulated login server, where they harvest your credentials.

You failed at trying to get a point across, by posting a tiny amount of code. All it did was show you much you do not understand.

Truly you have no idea what you are talking about. Perhaps you should take more then a class or two on the subject.

Sorry to say but this guy has a better idea about things than you seem to. All you have done is point out that people are wrong and not explained how it would work.
Although saying this I think emulating the login server will be hard as they are usually authenticated by a certificate which are (not impossible) but very hard to fake. But there are many ways that accounts can be "hacked" and lots of them are still possible WITH the authenticator. This DOESN'T mean the authenticators are bad or that they don't add security though.
Edited by Kuma#2810 on 5/22/2012 8:05 AM PDT
To all the players with the huge balls and big heads - open your games to the public - go join a bunch of random public games - go make some friends... Your computer is secure - you've got nothing to worry about, do you?????

Do you??

There has never been such a successful phishing attack in the history of gaming. Get real. Get bent.

-LeftStep

I've joined a ton of public games. I've been using the Auction House.

I have an authenticator attached to my account, and I'm still holding on to all my items.
To all the players with the huge balls and big heads - open your games to the public - go join a bunch of random public games - go make some friends... Your computer is secure - you've got nothing to worry about, do you?????

Do you??

There has never been such a successful phishing attack in the history of gaming. Get real. Get bent.

-LeftStep

I've joined a ton of public games. I've been using the Auction House.

I have an authenticator attached to my account, and I'm still holding on to all my items.

in a public game now killing king leoric, what up?
That "psuedocode" was simply a few nested if statements. If your point was to demonstrate how the authenticator functions you failed.
05/22/2012 07:16 AMPosted by Solstice
Wow ok, i feel sorry for those who got hacked. We all FEEL for you, but seriously !@#$ already and let Blizzard do something about it. We don't need tons of "I HAVE BEEN HACKED" threads to get the point out to the blizzard masses.

Actually they do. They need to keep awareness high until Blizz does something. Blizz hasn't been running warden, hasn't been taking care of bot spam, and there's a decent to fair degree of likelihood they have a session ID exploit in their netcode (among a half dozen other problems).

We've received updates on none of this (other than the CS "We're looking into it, buy an authenticator"). And now you have a lot of people that are dissatisfied and 1) have a 0% chance of spending money on RMAH due to security concerns and 2) may not buy the obvious expansion pack.

I like the game, but I feel like I'm playing a Korean F2P MMORPG when I log on.
We've emulated the SWTOR login servers, and they are protected by certificates. PS, I'm one of the core developers at SWGEmu.
My feelings right now:

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/5465/hulkv.gif
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/7561/hulk2.gif
THEY BETTER NOT TAKE DOWN THE SERVER, FIX IT SOME OTHERWAY WITHOUT LEAVING ME WITHOUT GAMEPLAY FOR GOD KNOWS HOW MANY HOURS
For all you people defending the authenticators

http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/02/28/man-in-the-middle-attacks-circumventing-authenticators/

Haha... all that article says.. is that People have malware keylogging them.

And instead of just keylogging the password, They keylog the password, and the authenticator code and steal your crap. Authenticators aren't bad.. Dumb users are bad.

Why are people so dumb, post all kinds of stuff as if they have a clue about secuirty, and claiming this is proof blizz got hacked. When all their claims do is highlight how little they know.

Even if blizzard did get hacked (which isn't ruled out!) The stuff the victims are saying just makes them look stupid and at fault.
That's maybe why when I tried to login yesterday the authenticator pop-up after I entered my password. I didn't have to enter any code since the release. Maybe someone try to log into my account and failed... Everyone should get the authenticator.

http://us.battle.net/en/security/
Edited by CptBouchard#1139 on 5/22/2012 8:10 AM PDT
None of these articles claim what you are claiming. In fact they all wildly speculate over a couple instances of possible server glitches or hacking.

Tell me, if you were a hacker and wanted to steal items to sell on the RMAH, would you strike 1 week after the game's out? When most accounts do not have any items of particular worth?

I'm not saying accounts weren't hacked -- what I am saying is these writers are speculating WILDLY and making it seem like a gigantic strike from hackers on steroids where we don't have the evidence to back that up. There's no estimate on accounts affected, no evidence to show how they were struck... Nothing.

Talk to me again after you go to journalism school.
"You have been disconnected as this account has been logged in from another computer"

RIGHT AS I WAS PLAYING!

F$%$#^^
90 Draenei Shaman

You failed at trying to get a point across, by posting a tiny amount of code. All it did was show you much you do not understand.

Truly you have no idea what you are talking about. Perhaps you should take more then a class or two on the subject.

Sorry to say but this guy has a better idea about things than you seem to. All you have done is point out that people are wrong and not explained how it would work.
Although saying this I think emulating the login server will be hard as they are usually authenticated by a certificate which are (not impossible) but very hard to fake. But there are many ways that accounts can be "hacked" and lots of them are still possible WITH the authenticator. This DOESN'T mean the authenticators are bad or that they don't add security though.

Actually I have, in other threads. I am not going to explain it again.
But the payoff is 100000x fold because you don't have to infect a computer, simply change where the login server points.
yeah, as I said it's not impossible, it basically comes down to a MITM attack.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]