Diablo® III

Self Sufficient achievement

has anybody gotten this achievement on a barbarian? Kill Diablo without using any health globes or healing wells on Nightmare difficulty or higher. plz any tips, i've try for over 2 hours but he just randomly drops globes, i can only melee ones or twise, and just kite around.
Edited by Reaper#11805 on 5/22/2012 5:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
I managed to do it, took me a while but i did, throw weapon helps a lot on it.
Reply Quote
ya i got it doing the same thing, thanks so much
Reply Quote
My problem would just be trying to AVOID the health globes.
Reply Quote
see what i did was remove my items that give me longer range for picking globes up, and i use slam to kill him and kite him around.
Reply Quote
Wait till you can farm Hell easily, so that Nightmare Diablo ain't nothing. Then it just comes down to avoiding the health globes.

Definitely don't bother with this if you NEED healing over the course of the fight :P
Reply Quote
lol i did it at lvl59?, the boss fights dont really change until you get into inferno.
Reply Quote
This is bugged for me.

I've killed him probably a dozen times now, never once used a well or picked up a globe, and it's not popping.

Do self heals (Galvanizing Ward on Wizard) count? Either way, I've tried without. Tried without using potions, nothing works.

It's either bugged or some other rule exists that's not making it tick.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
be level 60
earthquake on the bars, glyphed for free/105 second cd
spec for the 30 second reduced cd passive
run away, drop earthquake.

all i can think of atm, with enough dps doing it on nightmare it should go with decent pace.
Reply Quote
This is really simple. Take the passive that makes you regen fury instead of lose it over time, place weapon throw on your left mouse button, win.
Reply Quote
All I'm doing with my wizard is using teleport with venom hydra, energy weapon, and familiar.

All I do is run around and let the hydra kill him.

Whenever the clones come out, I'm nowhere near them when they die since they're the ones that drop the globes.

Other than that, I have no idea why this isn't working. There's nothing else I've seen that drops globes. I don't even need to heal using this method, it's a stupid easy and quick fight.

So why hasn't it popped?
Reply Quote
having the same problem above as a wizard. I've killed him on nightmare and hell using no healing what so ever and the achievement won't pop for me
Reply Quote
the achiv that is broken for me is punch diablo lol, really ive killed him in normal nightmare n hell with out weapon.... and i didnt get it=( lol
Reply Quote
also having problems doing this... kinda hard to avoid the random globes being dropped i guess...

punch diablo worked perfectly fine for me.
1) unequip weapon
2) make sure your left click is empty
3) left click on diablo
4) if the punch hits, achievement done
Reply Quote
Tried this three times...
First time accidentally picked up a globe, retry
Second time had life steal equipped, used a self healing spell, didn't work
Third time, removed life steal, didn't use self heal, got the achievement...

Remove globe/yard gear and equip life regeneration if you are having problems.
Reply Quote
I cheated ..... I used my wife's wiz... I ran my barb in there (Naked) and insta died... then used my wife's wiz to solo him... got the achieve... did the same on her wiz.. ran her in naked and died then solo'd on my barb
Reply Quote
the only reason this achievement is hard to get is because you accidentally radius a health globe.
if you're actually having trouble with it because you're dying, couldn't you just go faceroll it in nightmare?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
also having problems doing this... kinda hard to avoid the random globes being dropped i guess...

punch diablo worked perfectly fine for me.
1) unequip weapon
2) make sure your left click is empty
3) left click on diablo
4) if the punch hits, achievement done

^This, Blizzard didn't mention in the achievement that your self heals, such as Health on Hit and Life Per Second FAILS the achievement. Thank you for mentioning this!
Reply Quote
What about potions on your belt will they fail it?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]