Diablo® III

Battle.net® Account Security & Diablo® III

(Locked)

Yes it is. NCSoft/Guild Wars was accused of the same type of thing several years ago. People even said they knew of the methods used to hack accounts. After investigation, it turned out to all be bogus, helped along by trolls and paranoid gamers who pretended to be hacked in order to get the company to fully investigate the matter. At the end of the day, the reason for the spike in hacks was because a large French gaming community forum was hacked, and the emails + passwords were sold to a group of account thieves, and they were able to log in to some of the accounts using the exact same emails/passwords. If you want to actually see the facts on account hacking, you can read this post here, from one of the most famous game hackers around:

http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/2-million-ncsoft-accounts-stolen-t10439435.html?p=5161538#post5161538

Completely irrevelevant. But nice try troll.
86 Goblin Mage
05/22/2012 02:03 PMPosted by Dorrell
So passwords are still not case sensitive, any plans to fix this pretty big oversight?

Case sensitive systems only add an additional 26 characters to an already large potential encryption sting of the ASCII alphabet. Continuing to blame this and ask for it is akin to griping about more of a spice in a type of food from a eating establishment.

^^ BINGO

Also add to this, It will NOT provide any extra security. Case sensitive ONLY help protect (and only a little) against brute force hack attempts. With a system such as this, the only way to attempt brute force is though the website login. Using the game auth servers would be a waste of time. Even then I'm sure the website logins are monitored 24/7 for brute force like attacks. They are very easy to detect and block right away. I deal with them on a weekly bases managing several email servers and many Cpanel servers.

In the end, case sensitive passwords can cause more of a headache with people forgetting what letter they placed in uppercase then it's worth.
my account got hacked as well...lost everything, sent in a ticket how long before I get a roll back?
Yes it is. NCSoft/Guild Wars was accused of the same type of thing several years ago. People even said they knew of the methods used to hack accounts. After investigation, it turned out to all be bogus, helped along by trolls and paranoid gamers who pretended to be hacked in order to get the company to fully investigate the matter. At the end of the day, the reason for the spike in hacks was because a large French gaming community forum was hacked, and the emails + passwords were sold to a group of account thieves, and they were able to log in to some of the accounts using the exact same emails/passwords. If you want to actually see the facts on account hacking, you can read this post here, from one of the most famous game hackers around:

http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/2-million-ncsoft-accounts-stolen-t10439435.html?p=5161538#post5161538

Completely irrevelevant. But nice try troll.

The only troll here is you. Anyone with 1 brain cell can see the relevancy of the two events.
Sounds like we need to search for a facebook for a group called "Angry wives/girlfriends, get your men off Diablo by deleting their stuff while they're gone, making them think they were hacked." We have means, motive and opportunity.
05/22/2012 02:10 PMPosted by pug
how is it my fault when literally the only thing installed on my pc is diablo3 and google chrome and i havent downloaded anything else or visited any other sites other than this one and facebook. please explain to me how it is my fault for being hacked when i literally have done nothing that shows signs of user error

You are lying. You got yourself keylogged or phished. It must be embarrassing to be so dumb.

believe what you want, i am just telling the truth to hopefully get this resolved. Also I bet you would agree with me if your account got stripped in the way that thousands of others including myself did
05/22/2012 02:11 PMPosted by onejzsc
my account got hacked as well...lost everything, sent in a ticket how long before I get a roll back?

You should be concerned with if your computer is safe, not when the rollback is coming. If the rollback comes in the next hour will your account be hacked again?

05/22/2012 02:12 PMPosted by Aksha
believe what you want, i am just telling the truth to hopefully get this resolved. Also I bet you would agree with me if your account got stripped in the way that thousands of others including myself did

You have a Starcraft II icon, do you own Starcraft II? How long has your Battle.net account existed? I just checked your profile, 279 games played. My guess is your were infected through a link you visisted on the SC II forums, your account information was recorded from an unsafe computer (possibly school/work/internet cafe) that you logged your B.net account into, or some other method.

Point is somewhere along the line your Battle.net account was compromised and just sat on until Diablo III was released. It's up to you to figure out when your security was breached, all I can do is guess.
Edited by Sammich#1797 on 5/22/2012 2:17 PM PDT
05/22/2012 02:11 PMPosted by onejzsc

Never. They'll say "looked at the logs, everything looks OK. /High-five!" Just chargeback the game purchase and move on. Only way Blizzard will do anything is if there is a risk they could lose some money.
Your computer has a keylogger and/or you clicked on a phishing email and/or you shared your password with a friend. Those are the only 3 reason you were hacked. Blizzards servers were not hacked, playing online with people did not get you hacked, and everyone who has been hacked in MMO's since the 90's has made the claim "all of my passwords are unique".

You're just an idiot kid. Go watch cartoons or something, learn to tie your shoes, I don't care, just gtfo of my game community.

Havent seen a phising email or keylogger get passed NOD32. Get at me brah. You're just mad cause you think everything you say is relevant to this case.

You ever think why Blizzard is using an online DRM? I dont see as many people getting "hacked" on WoW or any other largely played game lately.

What is your community? You aren't even supporting most of the community. You're just HERP DERP NO ROLLBACK FOR YOU CAUSE BLIZZ IZ GAWD.

Gtfo kiddy. Get disciplined.
05/22/2012 02:10 PMPosted by pug
how is it my fault when literally the only thing installed on my pc is diablo3 and google chrome and i havent downloaded anything else or visited any other sites other than this one and facebook. please explain to me how it is my fault for being hacked when i literally have done nothing that shows signs of user error

You are lying. You got yourself keylogged or phished. It must be embarrassing to be so dumb.

That's enough, these are personal attacks, all your posts where you call people names have been reported.
05/22/2012 02:12 PMPosted by Aksha

Thousands of others? You mean 25 people who got keylogged/phished?

I don't get hacked because I don't download keyloggers.
05/22/2012 02:13 PMPosted by krupnik

That's enough, these are personal attacks, all your posts where you call people names have been reported.

Amen!
05/22/2012 01:39 PMPosted by fremd
Not hard at all to find a range if you know how to make subnet mask ( I know that's not right terminology it's not coming to me atm but you know what I mean) and if a person gets a hold of your dfg, subnet mask then finding out the ip range isn't hard at all assuming you can remember the math behind it.

You sound like someone who just watched the movie Hackers for the first time, but now it's 50 years in the future and you're trying to remember the buzzwords they used.

How does "make subnet mask" translate to "get precise IP range from a person who could be using 1 of thousands of ISPs and can be living anywhere in the 'Americas'".

God you are a !@#$ing idiot, quit pretending to know about networking especially now it's clearly obvious you don't creating a subnet mask is the basis for how people get their default gateways (the first ip within the range (can't actuallly be used)) and IP ranges. if you have the subnet being used (which designates how many ip's you can have in the range) and you have the default gateway (first available IP actually it's not available it's just the first IP within the range) then you can find the range of ip's being used and as I already mentioned finding out the subnet and default gateways people are using is the easy end of the spectrum. You wanabe computer geek. Good lord, go learn how to create a subnet mask then get back to me. Just because of your stupidity I am going to dig through my %^-*ing papers and find the term before I post this up. Ugh you are lucky I can't find it and I am not going to pretend like I did cause I have more integrity than that but when you actually get an associates or higher in applied computer sciences come talk to me.
05/22/2012 02:14 PMPosted by pug

+1

Done and done. Go back to farmville.
Edited by Ferinthul#1564 on 5/22/2012 2:15 PM PDT
60 Worgen Hunter
05/22/2012 02:12 PMPosted by imahawki
ust chargeback the game purchase and move on

Best ... troll ... ever.

Yes, please do that, and see how your credit account fares when blizzard notifies them that you purchased the product, and provides the terms you agreed to.
Havent seen a phising email or keylogger get passed NOD32. Get at me brah. You're just mad cause you think everything you say is relevant to this case.

You ever think why Blizzard is using an online DRM? I dont see as many people getting "hacked" on WoW or any other largely played game lately.

What is your community? You aren't even supporting most of the community. You're just HERP DERP NO ROLLBACK FOR YOU CAUSE BLIZZ IZ GAWD.

Gtfo kiddy. Get disciplined.

Not only are forum goers reading your posts, the guy who keylogged you is too!
Best ... troll ... ever.

Yes, please do that, and see how your credit account fares when blizzard notifies them that you purchased the product, and provides the terms you agreed to.

Another keyboard warrior. If the company has not given you the service they promised a chargeback can take place. And as you can see, there is barely anyone getting support.

Thousands of others? You mean 25 people who got keylogged/phished?

I don't get hacked because I don't download keyloggers.

have you not seen the forums in the past couple of days? a new posts spawns every couple of minutes about this... I am also sure that not 100% of people that got hacked have posted. Also there has been little to no evidence of keylogging / phishing even from experts. everything is linking to an in game exploit from the hundreds of cases that I have looked at. You are just lucky that you are not one of the people that got targeted. Also my brother plays from his account on this same computer, can you explain how his account wasn't keylogged also if mine waS?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]