Diablo® III

Battle.net® Account Security & Diablo® III

(Locked)

It's funny how none of these people claiming that they're going to do chargebacks are actually going to do so. Because if they do their SC2/WoW accounts will be disabled as well, because Blizzard will view it as fraud and just disable the whole battle.net account.
have you not seen the forums in the past couple of days? a new posts spawns every couple of minutes about this... I am also sure that not 100% of people that got hacked have posted. Also there has been little to no evidence of keylogging / phishing even from experts. everything is linking to an in game exploit from the hundreds of cases that I have looked at. You are just lucky that you are not one of the people that got targeted. Also my brother plays from his account on this same computer, can you explain how his account wasn't keylogged also if mine waS?

Again, since you missed it.

You have a Starcraft II icon, do you own Starcraft II? How long has your Battle.net account existed? I just checked your profile, 279 games played. My guess is your were infected through a link you visited on the SC II forums, your account information was recorded from an unsafe computer (possibly school/work/internet cafe) that you logged your B.net account into, or some other method.

Point is somewhere along the line your Battle.net account was compromised and just sat on until Diablo III was released. It's up to you to figure out when your security was breached, all I can do is guess.

I am actually kind of shocked that you are not all all interested in figuring out for yourself where along the line you made the mistake, instead you would rather sit back and point fingers at other parties.

What is wrong with people these days?
Edited by Sammich#1797 on 5/22/2012 2:21 PM PDT
05/22/2012 02:18 PMPosted by panda
It's funny how none of these people claiming that they're going to do chargebacks are actually going to do so. Because if they do their SC2/WoW accounts will be disabled as well, because Blizzard will view it as fraud and just disable the whole battle.net account.

What about me? :( I don't play WoW nor Sc2, I don't exist? :(
05/22/2012 02:15 PMPosted by Delvish
ust chargeback the game purchase and move on

Best ... troll ... ever.

Yes, please do that, and see how your credit account fares when blizzard notifies them that you purchased the product, and provides the terms you agreed to.

I have yet to lose a chargeback dispute. If this is the first time I'll still have a pretty good record.
05/22/2012 02:18 PMPosted by panda

Funny, except this is the DIABLO III board. Not the general blizzard game board. Thus, you can assume that some people have neither of the games you mentioned. Therefore, there is no loss to the player/"customer".

You have a Starcraft II icon, do you own Starcraft II? How long has your Battle.net account existed? I just checked your profile, 279 games played. My guess is your were infected through a link you visisted on the SC II forums, your account information was recorded from an unsafe computer (possibly school/work/internet cafe) that you logged your B.net account into, or some other method.

Point is somewhere along the line your Battle.net account was compromised and just sat on until Diablo III was released. It's up to you to figure out when your security was breached, all I can do is guess.

Again you missed it.

Assuming !@#$ doesnt get to the point. You are making empty assumptions that mean nothing. If there was some real secuirity in place these wouldn't have happened.
05/22/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Aksha
have you not seen the forums in the past couple of days? a new posts spawns every couple of minutes about this... I am also sure that not 100% of people that got hacked have posted. Also there has been little to no evidence of keylogging / phishing even from experts. everything is linking to an in game exploit from the hundreds of cases that I have looked at. You are just lucky that you are not one of the people that got targeted. Also my brother plays from his account on this same computer, can you explain how his account wasn't keylogged also if mine waS?

Have you not realized 99% of all the people claiming to be hacked are lying and trolling Blizzard? This entire event was orchestrated by the "we want offline" people. This exact same thing happened when Aion was released, literally everything. People claimed there was an in game exploit, then they claimed there was an official forum exploit that allowed hackers to change email/pass. There were posts by people like you claiming "thousands" have been hacked so it couldn't possibly be their fault, it must be NCSoft's fault. Guess what the facts were a week later? Those "thousands" of hacked accounts were dozens, all victims of using weak passwords. Some of the more predominant community members who used their celebrity and said they were hacked, when their accounts were looked at, they were never hacked, no one had logged in other than the player, and nothing was taken from the accounts, they were full of gold and rare items. Forum admins, moderators, and other people were literally lying for attention and got caught.
05/22/2012 02:19 PMPosted by Sammich

You have a Starcraft II icon, do you own Starcraft II? How long has your Battle.net account existed? I just checked your profile, 279 games played. My guess is your were infected through a link you visisted on the SC II forums, your account information was recorded from an unsafe computer (possibly school/work/internet cafe) that you logged your B.net account into, or some other method.

yes, i played starcraft 2 on my old pc before I built this one. I haven't played it in a good while though. Also I have changed my passwords since then (I use a separate password for every game / service I use) and even before I got hacked/exploited. I have only ever logged in to battle.net from my house
05/22/2012 02:20 PMPosted by Ferinthul

Funny, except this is the DIABLO III board. Not the general blizzard game board. Thus, you can assume that some people have neither of the games you mentioned. Therefore, there is no loss to the player/"customer".

True, but those people will be in the extreme minority.
Again you missed it.

Assuming !@#$ doesnt get to the point. You are making empty assumptions that mean nothing. If there was some real secuirity in place these wouldn't have happened.

The only reason this mass hysteria over a battle.net infiltration even exists in the first place is because of broad assumptions and speculation between ignorant players. There is security in place, otherwise you would be seeing infiltration in the MILLIONS, these forums would be at a stand still, battle.net would crash over the sheer volume of players spamming the forums with complaints.
Edited by Sammich#1797 on 5/22/2012 2:25 PM PDT
The only reason this mass hysteria over a battle.net infiltration even exists is because of broad assumptions and speculation between ignorant players. There is security in place, otherwise you would be seeing infiltration in the MILLIONS, these forums would be at a stand still, battle.net would crash over the sheer volume of players spamming the forums with complains.

There are infiltrations in MILLIONS.

Whos to say millions of people are getting hacked and they dont report it?

What about different regions other than the americas?
Is there a password lockout period when trying to log on through the client? I think on launch when all of us were playing mavis beacon teaches typing, I input the wrong password quite a few times. My account was never logged out. So, someone could be using brute-force to generate passwords.
Again you missed it.

The only reason this mass hysteria over a battle.net infiltration even exists in the first place is because of broad assumptions and speculation between ignorant players. There is security in place, otherwise you would be seeing infiltration in the MILLIONS, these forums would be at a stand still, battle.net would crash over the sheer volume of players spamming the forums with complaints.

I don't see why you call the players ignorant. How would there be millions already? IT takes them time to loot each persons account >_>, but if something doesn't get fixed soon I can see more and more people getting hacked.
There is a common factor. I played the Beta, didn't buy the game, stay with the facts.

There is a common factor.

We need to figure it out.
05/22/2012 02:25 PMPosted by Ferinthul
The only reason this mass hysteria over a battle.net infiltration even exists is because of broad assumptions and speculation between ignorant players. There is security in place, otherwise you would be seeing infiltration in the MILLIONS, these forums would be at a stand still, battle.net would crash over the sheer volume of players spamming the forums with complains.

Take a look around the forums, this is a controlled incident. FOR EXAMPLE 3 million players in America alone bought Diablo III on release day. If every single person who used a public game was vulnerable to a battle.net exploit these forums would be raining in threads, the front page would never stop being spammed, eventually the service would crash.

Just look at the numbers, look at the numbers and speculate. It doesn't add up to millions.

05/22/2012 02:29 PMPosted by Aksha
I don't see why you call the players ignorant. How would there be millions already? IT takes them time to loot each persons account >_>, but if something doesn't get fixed soon I can see more and more people getting hacked.

The world "ignorant" is not an insult, it simply means you lack knowledge over a subject.
Edited by Sammich#1797 on 5/22/2012 2:34 PM PDT
So

05/22/2012 02:25 PMPosted by Ferinthul

Well, Diablo 3 preorders were only 2 million. Not sure how many people bought it since then, but if millions of people were being hacked, it would be pretty damn obvious. Right now it's just a few hundred or so. Hell, even if it was a few thousand.... Say there were 10,000 hacked accounts. That's a lot. That's way more than we can realistically expect, just judging by the forum response. At a bare minimum of 2,000,000 accounts, that would only be 0.5% of accounts being hacked, which is an extremely low number.

Also, to recap, this EXACT same thing happened when the new battle.net was implemented. Tons of people had keyloggers on their computers, but because they had "remember my account" checked in WoW, they never actually typed their account name anywhere. Then when they were forced to type in their new battle.net email instead of account name, the keyloggers (which were there for days, weeks, months, even years) captured everything and hackers had a field day of new information. Same old same old. People who never had to enter their login information for days, weeks, months, or longer all of a sudden had to enter it at least once in the brand new D3 login screen. They put it all out there for keyloggers to grab. That explains the number of compromises being high, but not so high as to indicate a real hacker actually hacking Blizzard's servers.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]